Princess stock is going up!

CineGraphic

I recently jumped in to several cruise line stocks.  I had been reluctant given the huge debt they had taken on, government regulation of the industry and the possibility of bankruptcies.   Now I'm seeing huge customer demand which will give the industry the pricing power they need to return to profitability.  As a traveler I may find increased cruise prices discouraging, but as an investor this is a good thing.

• Like 3

Seems to be just recovering from recent drop.  Market drops earlier in the week, plus more cancelled sailings = downer.  But going back up today.  Not a new 52-week high, though.  

At least I am up some on what I bought way last year after Covid-19 started.  Just wish I had waited for the single digits on all of it as I overpaid on quite a bit.  Oh well, one day it will get up there again.

• Like 2

Yeah, I've bought / sold / bought ×3 / sold×2 / bought ×2 & holding in 2 accounts with a 45 limit sell all order in 1 account. That'll get me back to even. Except I'll really be ahead because of OBC

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Thanks to the latest news concerning masks & such, CCL stock is enjoying a nice upward climb today. Up 7% already.

Based on today's closing price, it only has to go up 91% more to reach the high last year ($51.94) before the pandemic.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Based on today's closing price, it only has to go up 91% more to reach the high last year ($51.94) before the pandemic.

Hi Caribill,

Only 91% more to go 😳 It won’t be long now happy happy.

‘The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Caribill,

Tony

With the gains to come, you will be able to give the Rowboat a fresh coat of paint.

• Haha 2

On 5/15/2021 at 1:13 AM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Caribill,

Tony

I'm fussing with my spreadsheet trying to figure out my exit point for some shares.  I bought high but happily traded all last year. At this point if I only use the actual value (not including all the SOBC along the way) & I sell only my IRA share at 44 I'm even throughout all 3 accounts. Probably won't sell brokerage shares until I never cruise again (ok not happening ... might shift to Cunard QM2 at some point when I'm older and need an 'assistance' dog)

On 5/15/2021 at 1:13 AM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Caribill,

Tony

Stocks happy this morning.  

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

With all the Stockholder OBC we have spent over the years, we are WAY ahead!!!

That's the way we look at it.....a non-taxable dividend!

• Like 3

If it goes up another 5 per share & I sell all my IRA shares, the sale neutralizes last year's whooping loss (been trading it for the last year -- some trades good / some not so good) 

Will not sell brokerage shares .... not ready to pay those cap gains