Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

28 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Not so.  I am just tired of posting the same issues over and over again.  Right now, I am in the Green Lane with three green checks (1, 2, 3).  But when I try to click on my Medallion Pay, I get the white screen of death (although it is checked).  Can't check it or modify cards.

Then my Princess web personalizer says I am "incomplete" under check in, although my app says there's not much more to do until picking arrival time and health status...several months away.  

So I sit and wait until Princess brings back the web based check in.  Not bothering with the app anymore.  Just too frustrating.  But that doesn't stop me from "checking' randomly.

My thoughts too !

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Not so.  I am just tired of posting the same issues over and over again.  Right now, I am in the Green Lane with three green checks (1, 2, 3).  But when I try to click on my Medallion Pay, I get the white screen of death (although it is checked).  Can't check it or modify cards.

Doctor, it hurts when I go like this:

choice {

raise arm in painful way

use medallion app

}

Same advice:  don't do it.

Please note, I am not an actual doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I had to get a new credit card as the replacement never showed up while I was cruising this month. Now I cannot get the MC to recognize my new card and I'm cruising again in a little under 4 months. Suggestions??

I have had multiple issues with entering my credit card information.  Currently, the box (3) is checked.  But every time I want to check on it, I get the white screen of death.

I had this issue in October when my original registered cc had a November expiration.  MC rejected it.  But I was unable to replace it with another.  Magically, 30 minutes before I left the house, it appeared.

For my next cruise, it would not accept Big Box store CC.  So I entered another card.  Registered it, but there is no way for me to know if it is good or not (except box is checked).

Web personalizer says my information is incomplete, although MC has 3 checked boxes and green lane.

I finally gave up.  You and I have several more months before our next cruise.  I'm waiting for the web based personalizer to appear "the first quarter of 2022".  Silly me to think it will happen.  

Enjoy your Christmas holiday.  Don't worry about MC until closer to your cruise.  It is not worth the time and effort.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I'm waiting for the web based personalizer to appear "the first quarter of 2022".  Silly me to think it will happen.  

I had not heard that. 

First I heard by the end of October.

Then, I heard by the end of November.

The global innovators seem unable to deliver on anything.

If it slips to Q2 2022, John Padgett will probably be made Carnival Corp CEO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have had multiple issues with entering my credit card information.  Currently, the box (3) is checked.  But every time I want to check on it, I get the white screen of death.

I had this issue in October when my original registered cc had a November expiration.  MC rejected it.  But I was unable to replace it with another.  Magically, 30 minutes before I left the house, it appeared.

For my next cruise, it would not accept Big Box store CC.  So I entered another card.  Registered it, but there is no way for me to know if it is good or not (except box is checked).

Web personalizer says my information is incomplete, although MC has 3 checked boxes and green lane.

I finally gave up.  You and I have several more months before our next cruise.  I'm waiting for the web based personalizer to appear "the first quarter of 2022".  Silly me to think it will happen.  

Enjoy your Christmas holiday.  Don't worry about MC until closer to your cruise.  It is not worth the time and effort.

I think that's the problem. My 4/23/22 cruise has the old CC with 1/22 expiration on it, can't fully delete it (shows nowhere except under buying WiFi), and won't clear. My 9/2/22 TA which I am using as a holding place for FCC & Goodwill OBC tied to only Europe Cruises has only my new CC and is cleared. As is my 3/2023 cruise. So I'll ask them for help but won't stress about it until 2/2022. 

• Like 1

Ombud,  on the cruise I just completed couple weeks ago..... I did CC at checkin.

Unfortunately there was a newbie checking me in & she needed the help of 2 other Checkin

people to load My cc#.  It seemed to take her forever.....

After a couple days onboard, I received the "you better come down to

Cust Service notice to pay in cash or use your cc....."  letter.

Needless to say, the newbie at checkin did NOT enter my info correctly.

Long story short?

Its easy to do your Credit card at checkin.  My previous 2 cruises were fine.

But if a newbie is assisting you?  (you get the vibe they don't know what their doing?)

Go immed to Cust Sevice when you get onboard,  to make sure its entered correctly.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

I think that's the problem. My 4/23/22 cruise has the old CC with 1/22 expiration on it, can't fully delete it (shows nowhere except under buying WiFi), and won't clear. My 9/2/22 TA which I am using as a holding place for FCC & Goodwill OBC tied to only Europe Cruises has only my new CC and is cleared. As is my 3/2023 cruise. So I'll ask them for help but won't stress about it until 2/2022. 

I thought you cancelled your 9/2/22 TA?

9 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

I thought you cancelled your 9/2/22 TA?

I can't cancel it without booking a European replacement due to Goodwill OBC which goes away unless transferred to a European alternative. As soon as I have an alternative I plan to cancel.

• Like 1

This question has probably been answered previously but I’m lazy and don’t want dig through 71 pages. I have multiple cruises for 2022. I am currently using the medallion app to do the planning for the January cruise. I’d like to get to the March cruise to at least order medallions but I can’t figure out how to make the switch. Is it possible to do this? If not I’m in big trouble for July & August cruises.

Thanks for any replies.

19 minutes ago, Big Tiger Fan said:

I’d like to get to the March cruise to at least order medallions but I can’t figure out how to make the switch. Is it possible to do this? If not I’m in big trouble for July & August cruises.

Thanks for any replies.

Log in using your UserId and password not your booking number.  The home page should have all your upcoming cruises in a column on the left side entitled My Journeys.  Click on the cruise you want to work on.  To open another cruise, click on the person icon in the top left corner to return to the home page.

17 hours ago, Ombud said:

I changed CC for an upcoming March cruise.  I had to delete the existing entry then waited a day before I could add the new one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Log in using your UserId and password not your booking number.  The home page should have all your upcoming cruises in a column on the left side entitled My Journeys.  Click on the cruise you want to work on.  To open another cruise, click on the person icon in the top left corner to return to the home page.

I've always used booking number and could see and access multiple cruises with no problem.  Admittedly, I never made any changes other than to the booking I'd logged in under.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I've always used booking number and could see and access multiple cruises with no problem.  Admittedly, I never made any changes other than to the booking I'd logged in under.

I've never tried it but my DH has a problem that has never been resolved.  He logs in with his UserId and password (well, really I log in 🙂 ) and sees 3 of our upcoming cruises but not the one we just booked. I hope it works correctly for @Big Tiger Fan.  I'm more than willing to blame DH's problem on a glitch in the system.

5 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I've never tried it but my DH has a problem that has never been resolved.  He logs in with his UserId and password (well, really I log in 🙂 ) and sees 3 of our upcoming cruises but not the one we just booked. I hope it works correctly for @Big Tiger Fan.  I'm more than willing to blame DH's problem on a glitch in the system.

I do have to say that the app and medallion did work pretty much as advertised once on board.  It was very good for locating venues for example - other than unlocking the cabin door that's what we used the most.  Most of the complaints I've seen on this gargantuan triple thread have been on using the app as a data entry tool.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I do have to say that the app and medallion did work pretty much as advertised once on board.  It was very good for locating venues for example - other than unlocking the cabin door that's what we used the most.  Most of the complaints I've seen on this gargantuan triple thread have been on using the app as a data entry tool.

We are looking forward to using it on board beginning on January 2nd!

• Like 1

Well.. our issues were temporarily resolved. But now it appears Medallion has created new ones. For some reason, with two days to go until sailing, much of my husband's personal information has disappeared from the app. So we now have a big red exclamation point over his profile and we have gone from "green lane" to "blue lane." I attempted askoceanmedallion email I tried last time and I did get a response requesting another Email from me, but so far no resolution to the problem. It is just so crazy to me that Princess can do business like this. Between potential flight issues, weather and now Medallion, my anxiety level has me wanting to just chuck the whole damned thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, northwestbear said:

Between potential flight issues, weather and now Medallion, my anxiety level has me wanting to just chuck the whole damned thing. 

You've done your best.  Dump it on the folks at check-in and let them sort it out!

• Like 1

Since I don't plan to read all 71 pages of postings of which many of them seem to be addressing problems and frustrations with the Medallion app, here's a question:

Why do we have to download this app at all?  We don't intend to use it for the waiter to find us to serve drinks, so can we do without?  

40 minutes ago, jonikal said:

Since I don't plan to read all 71 pages of postings of which many of them seem to be addressing problems and frustrations with the Medallion app, here's a question:

Why do we have to download this app at all?  We don't intend to use it for the waiter to find us to serve drinks, so can we do without?  

I understand that there will be people available at the terminal to process you.  Just be darn sure you have all the required paperwork with you.  That's where the app helps, it will pre-register you and let you know when you're good to go...

7 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I understand that there will be people available at the terminal to process you.  Just be darn sure you have all the required paperwork with you.  That's where the app helps, it will pre-register you and let you know when you're good to go...

Hard copy is always best.  Anyone over 50 knows that.  😀

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jonikal said:

---

Allow me to chime in here! I have been on 7 Princess cruises on 3 different ships from 2 different ports in the last 3 months (including the cruise I am currently on).

YOU don't NEED the MedallionClass app at all right now.

Princess has been force feeding us ABSOLUTE GARBAGE that we all need the MedallionClass app to survive and board the ship!

Just bring a printed copy of your Travel Summary, your good vaccine record, proof of a negative test within the last 2 days, and your passport -- and you are more than good to go!  

HAVE A WONDERFUL CRUISE!  🙂

---

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, RSS from SF said:

---

Allow me to chime in here! I have been on 7 Princess cruises on 3 different ships from 2 different ports in the last 3 months (including the cruise I am currently on).

YOU don't NEED the MedallionClass app at all right now.

Princess has been force feeding us ABSOLUTE GARBAGE that we all need the MedallionClass app to survive and board the ship!

Just bring a printed copy of your Travel Summary, your good vaccine record, proof of a negative test within the last 2 days, and your passport -- and you are more than good to go!  

HAVE A WONDERFUL CRUISE!  🙂

---

agreed - but did you use the medallion on board at all?

If I ever ditch Princess for another cruise line it will be due to the Ocean Medallion App.  They were never able to get it working on my October cruise, and now it freezes every time I try to use it.  I’ve deleted and downloaded the app so many times I’ve lost count.  I’ve tried call and emailing to no avail.  Ok, griping over. Happy New Year!