Website Trouble ???

Today having trouble signing in and when I do someone else's name pops up.When I do finally get into my acct and post it says Technical Error Message then flashes to this site not available ???

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Today having trouble signing in and when I do someone else's name pops up.When I do finally get into my acct and post it says Technical Error Message then flashes to this site not available ???

I have sent a private message to LauraS. I am having problems too.

• Thanks 2

Are there issues with the activity stream as well? It is showing nothing when I click on "my activity".  I should say it says "no activity to display"..........how can that be?

I know I posted earlier today.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Are there issues with the activity stream as well? It is showing nothing when I click on "my activity".  I should say it says "no activity to display"..........how can that be?

I know I posted earlier today.

I'm having similar problems today.  Asking for content that I haven't read while following a large area (NCL) and several threads, I am only seeing content from the last 45 minutes along with the "no activity to display".  I know that there are several threads that I haven't read within the NCL area.

cc.jpg

3 hours ago, Host Kat said:

I have sent a private message to LauraS. I am having problems too.

Thank you so much...hope this is resolved soon and glad to know it just isn't me.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

I'm having similar problems today.  Asking for content that I haven't read while following a large area (NCL) and several threads, I am only seeing content from the last 45 minutes along with the "no activity to display".  I know that there are several threads that I haven't read within the NCL area.

cc.jpg

It appears that "Activity Streams" are broken, perhaps not identifying any content from prior to a recent forum indexing or something.

Since it's really the only way to "follow" a thread or a forum area it makes Cruise Critic fairly difficult to use, at least until threads of interest get more hits and drop back into the "activity" indexes. 

I sent an email when this was happening and got an auto reply that login, activity, profile,and log out functions were not working. They were working on it with no estimate of when done. Seems ok now.

They did say that when fixed, we should clear all our cookies for CC site. I did that a couple hours ago, but it made no difference. I have no idea if it has had any affect now. I suspect they fixed it and our cookies are irrelevant if no one who didn't clear them is getting error msgs.

I cleared about 6,000 others, too, so what the heck...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

cc.jpg

Have the same exact problem.  It stinks as that is always the first place I head to when looking at CC.

I’m having the same issues all of you are having. I sent two emails to support earlier today. but haven’t had an auto reply to either of them. I’ve had repeated error messages, regardless of device or browser used. I’ve had most of my post history disappear, but found the missing posts by trying a different path to them. On several occasions I’ve successfully logged on, but seen another user’s avatar displayed, as well as one person’s photos instead of my own! I’ve restarted devices & cleared cookies off my main browser. I’m very sorry all of you are having trouble, but I’m relieved I’m not alone. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I was you about 10 minutes ago.  I came back to CC and was logged out, when I logged in, my username was yours.

I've been 4 different people today...this is upsetting !!!!

16 minutes ago, Cheesepleese said:

I am not seeing my Apex roll call in the Celebrity Connections roll call section. For Aug. 20, 2022 I click on the August link and it shows up with 0 results. Hope it gets resolved soon. Weird that this is happening.

@Cheesepleese

Yes, the Roll Call Finder tool might be a bit wonky right now, but your Roll Call thread is right there in the Celebrity Apex Roll Calls forum titled Apex - August 20 2022 Scandinavia & Russia. It is #18 down the list of titles on the first page with the last post being Saturday by EnthDegree as I type this message. You just have to look for it as we all did in days of yore before there was a Roll Call Finder tool. Just go down the list until you see your sail date, click the title to open the thread and you are on your Roll Call thread.

If you have never read the thread, clicking the blue dot next to the title will take you to the first post in the thread. If you have read the thread before or posted in it, clicking the blue dot or star will take you to the beginning of your unread posts in that thread.

However there is a feature located in your settings at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/settings/links/  you might want to check on. You can choose what behavior happens each time you click on a thread title between these choices:

• Take me to comments I haven't read
  • Take me to the beginning
  • Take me to the latest comment

Click the radio button for your choice and then click the Save button.

Hope this information will be helpful! 

After yesterdays issues on Cruise Critic I just noticed all my posts from before that happened are gone.  Anyone else notice this?  It includes all of our Roll Call threads.  Hopefully this is temporary because so much contact info is gone if it isn't.  Spreadsheets for activities, roll call lists, etc.  Have not seen this happen before.

4 hours ago, Host Kat said:

@Cheesepleese

Yes, the Roll Call Finder tool might be a bit wonky right now, but your Roll Call thread is right there in the Celebrity Apex Roll Calls forum titled Apex - August 20 2022 Scandinavia & Russia. It is #18 down the list of titles on the first page with the last post being Saturday by EnthDegree as I type this message. You just have to look for it as we all did in days of yore before there was a Roll Call Finder tool. Just go down the list until you see your sail date, click the title to open the thread and you are on your Roll Call thread.

If you have never read the thread, clicking the blue dot next to the title will take you to the first post in the thread. If you have read the thread before or posted in it, clicking the blue dot or star will take you to the beginning of your unread posts in that thread.

However there is a feature located in your settings at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/settings/links/  you might want to check on. You can choose what behavior happens each time you click on a thread title between these choices:

• Take me to comments I haven't read
  • Take me to the beginning
  • Take me to the latest comment

Click the radio button for your choice and then click the Save button.

Hope this information will be helpful! 

I can see our roll calls but all the past posts I've done over the last 17 years are gone.  Will this be restored at some point?

• Like 1

Update: I’m still having issues with the web site, but I’m now able to log on (without seeing another member’s avatar instead of my own!) and I’m able to post. I’m still having the other issues. 

In my first post I forgot to mention that I’d attached a screenshots to each of my two emails to Support. They documented the error message I was getting, as well as one of the erroneous avatars that was displayed in place of my own. I haven’t received auto replies, so I hope they were received. Based on the response sent to @mayleeman support is aware of all the issues we’ve been having. 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1