Website Trouble ???

16 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Is Cruise Critic experiencing IT problems.  I can't get into "Cruises I posted in" under "Activity" and there are lots of duplicate posts (these posters think there is an IT problem).  

I had a problem yesterday morning as I could not get in for about 30 minutes.

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

There is a thread on the ‘Help using the forums’ board addressing website problems.  If you are trying to get to your roll call using the find your roll call tool, it is acting up.  Try it the old fashioned way, going to roll calls, choose cruise line, ship, and look for the proper thread.  EM

Also now a big red banner at the top of the CC Boards about the problem, labeled “Search and Activity Feed Issues.”

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

The problem I'm having with CC is every so often, I'm logged out. The only way I know is everything slows down, then stops. I have to go off CC then back on to log in again.

Have you tried clearing all your cookies for cruisecritic related sites? Make sure you have your password. There may be something in the cookies showing open connections (I got the "too many connections" error when I only had one open window).

I've had occasions where after I hit the submit reply button, my posts went nowhere -- totally disappeared -- went to the Nether. I guess they were not that important, I presume.  Anyway, I got very frustrated and stopped posting for a while. It seems to be working now. 

We're you using the roll call search feature? There is a note posted at the top of the website saying that Cruise Critic had a glitch yesterday and they're still rebuilding the search database. Some things aren't coming up when searched right now. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2021 at 12:06 PM, pbenjamin said:

I'm having similar problems today.  Asking for content that I haven't read while following a large area (NCL) and several threads, I am only seeing content from the last 45 minutes along with the "no activity to display".  I know that there are several threads that I haven't read within the NCL area.

cc.jpg

I continue to experience this problem but am hopeful that the re-indexing will resolve it eventually.  I have, however, developed a somewhat arcane workaround.  (This is using Chrome on a Windows platform if that makes a difference.)

1. When I get the No Activity to Display message, I reload the page.
  2. At this point I get no posts at all.
  3. Looking at the Content I Follow display in my previous post I select Show Me
  4. It brings up a dropdown list with Items Only selected.  I choose that anyway.
  5. Now I get the same short list of posts that I got to begin with, but if I click on Load More Activity at the end it works(!?) as do subsequent Load More Activity opportunities on down.