Cafe al Bacio

Bjbilly

18 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Oh please, am I going to have to book a cruise early in 2022 to have this?  i don't think I can wait till October!  And i don't mean this year!  This is my idea of dessert.

I don’t think you should wait that long. Tell you what, if you book Equinox for 10 December, I’ll hand you one when you board😜 My DH says I’m a bad influence, but he intends to get one too 😂

Edited by Silkroad

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

I don’t think you should wait that long. Tell you what, if you book Equinox for 10 December, I’ll hand you one when you board😜 My DH says I’m a bad influence, but he intends to get one too 😂

That Affogato  looks awesome too.  I'd love to join you having either one.  Looking at the new scheduled Vancouver to Hawaii Apr 23 to make up for all their cancelled Australian itinerary.  We've never had a sailing to Hawaii from Vancouver in April and probably never will again. Some are making a B2B out of this, pairing it with the usual one May 4, Honolulu to Vancouver.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

From the menu, here’s the description:

Aspen Coffee   $10
Baileys, Kahlúa, Frangelico, Espresso

Quite yummy!

Would baileys be in the CBP? If not what's the upgrade cost? Thanks. Kind of excited to have a beverage package after 9 celebrity cruises.

12 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Would baileys be in the CBP? If not what's the upgrade cost? Thanks. Kind of excited to have a beverage package after 9 celebrity cruises.

This is a single coffee drink .. . It is espresso with all of those liqueurs added.

The cost of $10 is $1.00 over the Classic limit, so you would be charged $1.20 ($1 over limit plus 20% gratuity)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2021 at 3:35 PM, cruisestitch said:

Also Cafe al Bacio is a bar, so other cocktails may exceed the price limit as well

After numerous Celebrity cruises, we have never had a cocktail in Cafe al Bacio.   But I heard they make a good Bloody Mary.  Is it made differently than at the other bars?    I do have to have my Bloody Mary(s) every day for the Vitamin C.  

We have the Premium Beverage Package.  

Edited by kokopelli-az

11 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

We are there at least 3 times every day, I swear any more and they would install a plaque on our usual table. If X ever did something stupid like try to replace it, DW would go on a rampage.😆

She would NOT be the only one!  One of my favorite spots on any Celebrity ship😊

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Espresso and a croissant are a nearly daily event at Cafe al Bacio. Great spot. 

I'll sometimes skip dessert in the MDR and opt for a slice of carrot cake or German chocolate cake ai Cafe El bacio. Both to die for. Cheesecakes are pretty good too. Can't wait to try the Aspen Coffee.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2021 at 6:35 PM, cruisestitch said:

No.  Here are some that are not.  Also Cafe al Bacio is a bar, so other cocktails may exceed the price limit as well

5101E09C-7BD6-4DE6-A7EB-D9E95E8F4154.jpeg

Thanks for that photo, "cruisestitch," because it brought back good memories.  Because we had the Premium package, we tried the first five of the six pictured cocktails ... and we highly recommend all of them to anyone to whom the ingredients seem appealing.

Another page in the Cafe's menu has seven more "coffee cocktails," for which the 2021 price is $8, if we recall correctly -- and are thus covered by the Classic package.  All of those pleased us too, but not as much as the $12 drinks.

Contrary to what was stated by one or two people above, "Aspen Coffee" is now avaiable for $8 (therefore within the Classic Package), not for $10.  One can see this in the "International Coffees" photo in this post from an August, 2021, Equinox cruise (confirmed by us in September):

Edited by jg51
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 10:36 AM, bama4cruisin said:

From the Cafe al Bacio menu:

IGLU (Caffe Frappé) 6
Espresso, ice, milk and the IGLU powder mixture (your choice), chocolate or vanilla

Thx.

I ordered it.

Pro tip: ask for light ice.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/30/2021 at 9:52 PM, cazzi said:

Do they have the black and white cookies they were so good 

Just got off the Equinox and did not see any black and white cookies this time.  

No little chocolate mousse cups either.  And they were also out of chai tea for half the voyage.   Oh  well, switched to cappuccinos and lemon tarts.  🙂

41 minutes ago, SerraG said:

No little chocolate mousse cups either.  And they were also out of chai tea for half the voyage.   Oh  well, switched to cappuccinos and lemon tarts.  🙂

Love their lemon and chocolate tarts as well as the almond croissants. Can't say I like theie cheesecake as the recipe has changed since pre covid. They use mascarpone cheese and was told they cannot always get it. 

47 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Love their lemon and chocolate tarts as well as the almond croissants. Can't say I like theie cheesecake as the recipe has changed since pre covid. They use mascarpone cheese and was told they cannot always get it. 

Agreed.  The tarts are some the best desserts on the ship.  In generally, I find that I like desserts with pastry crust better than any of the cakes.  

2 hours ago, SerraG said:

Not having any black and white cookies is nothing I would miss.  Very bland.  But the chocolate mousse cups have been excellent as has the creme brule.

Most of the desserts looks better than they taste, especially the layer cakes and  pies.