The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday June 24th, 2022

richwmn

24 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

A very early good morning!  It’s 4:30 am here. Still can’t sleep more than 4 hours, so instead of tossing and turning I decided to read the Daily. 

@grapau27 Graham, so happy that you are better after your injection!  Great news. 

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

Happy Birthday, Sharon! May your new year be filled with laughter, love, great health & a cruise or two!

FE8E6449-C4D0-4C20-A0AF-DA6FABBBA284.jpeg.1eb6554da52ce37ee0358233285de847.jpeg

• Like 23

34 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is currently 75°F and sunny but rain is due this afternoon.

I woke up this morning and for the first time in months my right knee was not painful after the steroid injection yesterday.

Walking up and down stairs is okay with a slight pain on movement.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

A very good quote today.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Prayers for Sandi's @StLouisCruisers husband that he tests negative tomorrow to get out of quarantine and for everyone on the care list.

Graham 

Wonderful news, Graham!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here!

@grapau27 Great to hear about overnight relief for your knee. Just take it easy for the first week as it may take two weeks for full effect.

- Jack

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

@smitty34877Camilla is SO CUTE!  She always always appears as most knowing.

@Sharon in AZ  I bet you wont hear this very often, but i would be happy if i could get 4 hours sleep.  I am lucky to get 2 hours sleep at a time.  And each time I wake up, I feel fine and wide awake.  But when I get up in the morning, I feel like I need 8 hours more.  I hope you have a wonderful birthday today.

Well, I really do have to get going, I saw that traffic was light on the highways, I just hope it's light on the side roads.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

I had a  Irish great aunt who used to tell us stories about the fairies all the time. Great stories.

I usually enjoy food trucks. They are so different from the ones years ago.  There was one that had the most excellent crepes at the port in Tahiti. 

@Sharon in AZ A very Happy Birthday to you. May you enjoy many more!

@grapau27   Glad your knee is doing better. Be careful and dont overdo.

Made my final payment yesterday on our October trip. It is all coming together. The one variable is this Covid stuff! I just have to be sensible and keep doing what we have been doing.  Told DH we are going into isolation for 2 weeks prior to the trip.  

Water aerobics this AM. Playing golf very early tomorrow. We are first off, done before it gets too hot.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

The joys of retirement! Slept in late and then went to neighbors to feed their two cats and clean the litter box. Obviously they are used to having breakfast earlier. Lot’s of cat talk which I interpreted as “where the hell have you been!”

DW,DD and DGD made it safely to Virginia for the annual sister’s reunion. After my coffee and Daily fix I’ll be doing the walk of death. Looks like another day of heat index warnings! Chance of rain this weekend which we could use.

@Sharon in AZHappy Birthday to you!🎂🍾💐

Fish heads are not on my shopping list. Last and only time was in Vietnam when on a weekly Med Cap visit to a leper colony and nearby orphanage!

I have been invited to a dear friends house this afternoon for Happy Hour which will be Water Hour as I’m dieting and driving. Beautiful setting overlooking the Bayou!

Enjoy your day and weekend.

Thanks Rich and all contributors.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks for the update. It’s a sunny day and supposed to be nice all weekend. 
   Thee is a faerie bridge on the Isle of Man that when you cross it you ate to greet them by saying Good morning little people. 
     The new pain medication is working well, I’m so glad she prescribed it, will definitely get it renewed.

Birthday blessings to Sharon  and blessings and prayers to all on our lists. ❤️🙏🎉🎂

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and the Daily!  My foster parents (who cared for me for the first 18 months of my life) said they were sure the faeries brought me to them.  It still warms my heart thinking about that.  I'll have to go online to see where all the food trucks will be and we might be able to hit one up for lunch today.  Don't have a dog to take to work, which is fine, because we're cat people in this house.  

Well the severe thunderstorm watch that was issued yesterday morning continued throughout the day and ended up with a big bang session last evening.  There was lots of thunder and lightning for a couple of hours, which we enjoyed while sitting on the covered, glassed-in deck with our beverages.  DH read his book while I continued knitting - we looked like a couple of really old people, when I think about it now.  LOL  We did get rain with the light show, but DH forgot to put out the gauge to see how much actually came down.  

Not a lot on the agenda today; I know a grocery run for the cat is in order, as her canned food is in short supply in the pantry.  Will try to combine that with the food truck stop, rather than making a couple of trips.  Oh, the other night when we took the topless car out, we stopped for gas - of course being a Jaguar, it only takes premium.  Talk about sticker shock . . . 17 litres was $40.  Good thing it only comes out of the garage once in a while!

@Sharon in AZHappy Birthday to you with many returns of the day!!

@kazuI hope being among family and friends will help ease the pain of your first anniversary without Jose.  Let those tears flow and help wash away the sorrow.

@StLouisCruisersargh on DH still testing positive - sure hope he makes bail tomorrow!

@smitty34877our dear Miss Camilla is becoming more beautiful every day!

Trust me, fish heads are not going to be part of my culinary creations - as @dfish suggested, I think if I were making this dish, I'd be using fillets instead.  Having said that, however, it's Friday night pizza night at our house.  We'll have to peruse the menus to see what appeals to us and have a good one delivered (save the gas) so we can enjoy pizza on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra for the people of Ukraine and all who are providing assistance.  We'll raise the glasses to celebrate all the happiness on the positive list.  Get your boosters, stay safe, wear masks when you need to and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Happy Friday!  I am on my way into town and have my laptop for once.  I have to pick up meds and mail and drop off some things to St. Vincent's.    A good day to do it because we have another hot, humid day but it is hazy so I am hoping it is not too hot.  Should be a 3+ hour adventure.  As I drive down the dirt roads I have passed 2 snapping turtles heading away from the creek to lay their eggs.

Prayers for all on the care and prayer list, the people of Ukraine and Poland and @StLouisCruisersthat DH gets a clear Covid test today.  I am looking forward to the Brazil pics today, I think it is on our itinerary for next year. 

Since I rarely post from my laptop I can't post a lot of photos.  I have a Bald Eagle photo from yesterday.  He is getting tolerant of us and allowed us to get the boat right below him.   White Admiral butterfly and a new Iris for this year.  Last year I bought Iris for the first time in 12 years.   Name escapes me.  

Eagle 62322.JPG

White admiral 62322.JPG

2021 Iris 62322.JPG

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

Good morning Dailyites!

Darn it Sandi I'm sorry your sweetheart is still positive. 

Blessings sent to Jacqui as she faces her 1st anniversary without Jose.

Prayers lifted for Buddy, Tana, Curt, and all on our prayer list.

Yesterday was a very long day at the VA. Lots of paperwork to fill out. Crazy!!

image.png.03d94316df41af8b75fc3282019320ed.png

All was finally completed and downloaded into the VA system except one medical record was missing that I have to track down. Afterwards my glass of wine tasted so good..

image.png.98e63abbbd27fb1d3e6f27ef48730433.png

Prayers, cheers, and blessings!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good  morning from a humid and warm environment  today.I encountered a lot of dogs and their owners  early today as it gets just too hard to walk in the "soup" later.

We try to have a good laugh around here most days and usually succeed. I had a great Aunt who told us many stories involving fairies and kept us entertained as children.I think my dog Fred goes to work with me every  day and I appreciate  his help.

The Graduation  took place outside and  was very nice.DH stayed with Tana and they watched on the computer.DD and I shed a few tears and remembered the day our young man was born.I can always count on her to be sentimental with me.

I think there would be a revolt here if fish heads appeared on the table.We will have to come up with something later.

I got this picture  last night of Camilla and her Grandpa.

IMG_3226.JPEG

She’s growing so quickly and is adorable.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone. Thankfully my PCR test is negative. So, with covid , Sam and his aide will not be with me this year to celebrate my birthday when my family goes to the theater and then I’m back at the clubhouse for a show with my friends here. It’s the second birthday he missed since last year he was in rehab. My special Junes have begun to have some not great memories but I will be with my kids and grandkids and grateful to not have covid.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

I could imagine making a fish curry, but probably not with fish heads, and I think I'd prefer a Gewürztraminer with it. But I know a fish-eyes story; it's from Emily Kimbrough in her book Water, Water Everywhere, which is about a trip to Greece with three other women of a certain age, by ocean liner in the 1950s.

When the ship arrived at Piraeus, one of their group, Sophia Jacobs, was sought out by journalists and photographers, who lauded her as the commander of all the women in America. It was a misunderstanding; she had been appointed to a government commission on the status of women in the military. But after that the other three called her Commander, and she did have considerable executive ability and presence.

One evening they were guests in a Greek home. When a whole fish was brought to the dinner table, the host served it, first extracting the eyes, making a speech of welcome and placing them on Sophy's plate as an honor. Pausing barely an instant, she made a speech of thanks, and said that, as she had no comparable token of esteem to offer, she would reciprocate in the same way. Then she put the eyes back onto his plate.

This evening and tomorrow we celebrate Pride Shabbat at the synagogue. I initiated this last year when I was the locum officiant, and it's built around readings that I collected then and music by gay Jewish composers.

1980032740_Childtowork.thumb.jpg.87176c8137724d5607c5b0a9bb8b3658.jpg

• Like 25
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is currently 75°F and sunny but rain is due this afternoon.

I woke up this morning and for the first time in months my right knee was not painful after the steroid injection yesterday.

Walking up and down stairs is okay with a slight pain on movement.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

A very good quote today.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Prayers for Sandi's @StLouisCruisers husband that he tests negative tomorrow to get out of quarantine and for everyone on the care list.

Graham 

I  am  so  glad that the  injection is  working.  for  you.

Jim.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1