Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I think it is bizarre the Victorian Health Minister has disregarded the advice by it's Chief Health Officer - to wit...Rebirth of the Mask Mandate.

We e got our election in November! No other reason 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rassa said:

Victorians go to the polls at the end of the year, and Chairman Andrews wants everyone to love him.  So beware Victorians being again locked down next year!!!!!!

😩😩😩

53 minutes ago, NSWP said:

There may be too few Vics left too vote, too much lurgy and no restrictions.😷

Official numbers are showing NSW has many more cases than Victoria and the same with the flu Les. What restrictions does NSW have that Victoria doesn't? Having a quick look, it appears they are the same in each state.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

I think it is bizarre the Victorian Health Minister has disregarded the advice by it's Chief Health Officer - to wit...Rebirth of the Mask Mandate.

Oh well, the NSW Premier at the time and her Health MInister (the Duke of Hazzard) did exactly the same thing at the height of infections either last year or the year before (it's all a blur now) - ignored the advice of the NSW CHO. It was at the time of the huge delta outbreak thanks to the taxi driver who was above and beyond masks whilst ferrying US pilots around town.

Amazing how the public and media are suddenly calling for a mask mandate when for the last two years they've been crying for the opposite! I suppose if they really were keen for masks they might already be wearing them in shopping centres! (can't see any of them doing it!).

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Intellect?

Common sense?

None, now allowing unvaccinated people into nursing homes, aged care facilities, disaster looms.

Time for masks..and compulsory covid vaccs for all.

Edited by NSWP

46 minutes ago, NSWP said:

None, now allowing unvaccinated people into nursing homes, aged care facilities, disaster looms.

Time for masks..and compulsory covid vaccs for all.

At the aged care facility my mother was in until her death recently, all visitors aged over twelve have to have up to date vaccinations, have a negative RAT before entering the building and wear a mask at all times. I just checked their website and all restrictions are still in place. Visitors have to pre book each visit.

Edited by possum52
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, possum52 said:

At the aged care facility my mother was in until her death recently, all visitors aged over twelve have to have up to date vaccinations, have a negative RAT before entering the building and wear a mask at all times. I just checked their website and all restrictions are still in place. Visitors have to pre book each visit.

Same here for a friends with husband  in nursing home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Amazing how the public and media are suddenly calling for a mask mandate when for the last two years they've been crying for the opposite! I suppose if they really were keen for masks they might already be wearing them in shopping centres! (can't see any of them doing it!).

That's what makes me laugh! It's not like they are being stopped from wearing masks! Perhaps they don't want to look uncool (or whatever the current trendy term is) among their friends by wearing a mask.

It's also a cultural demographic. I live in an area with a fairly high Asian population and masks are still being worn by a higher percentage of people in local shopping malls than in other areas. In some parts of Asia masks were often seen, albeit only the odd one or two at a time. People there would use them if they had a cold, or if pollution levels were high.

• Like 7

Courier Mail headline this morning has " ‘Cruise from hell’ returns to Brisbane

The Cruise from hell bit is in inverted commas, as if to say it is not their opinion, but also attract clicks. I believe that was the Telegraph's headline a few days ago. The story is behind a firewall, so I can't see the details. For anyone with a subscription, is it a rational story or another beat-up?

The numbers for the current cruise will have been reported to QLD officials yesterday. No news is good news, as it would suggest a return to yellow status, but I expect there will be something out later today. I don't believe the number is based on new infections, but on those aboard currently infected, so many crew will be carried over in the numbers, despite being infected & already isolating from the previous cruise.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

The Cruise from hell bit is in inverted commas

In journalistic practice, a phrase within commas denotes a direct quote from someone.

It would be interesting to see if this someone actually exists. Unfortunately I don't have a subscription to the Curious Snail as I would find it more useful to put the equivalent of the cost in cash into a small pile and light it up. 😬

• Like 1

Coral Princess is back in Brisbane on a beautiful sunny day, transmitting before it heads north.  It will be interesting to see how many positive crew and passengers there are.  I wonder how many passengers will take up the offer to cancel the next cruise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

In journalistic practice, a phrase within commas denotes a direct quote from someone.

It would be interesting to see if this someone actually exists. Unfortunately I don't have a subscription to the Curious Snail as I would find it more useful to put the equivalent of the cost in cash into a small pile and light it up. 😬

In this case it was an entity, Daily Telegraph.

I don't think it came from Karl Stefawhatever - his spouted quote is "Ruby Princess 2.0", which was to be expected considering his daily rant a couple of years back. One minute, the Today show is pro-cruise when they are getting freebies aboard to promote the cruise line, and anti-cruise when they have an audience for it. I hope the cruise lines have learned to never use them again as a cash for comment advertorial tool.

The Courier Mail article is not worth the paper it's printed on. Other media outlets have been more even handed.   Here's one that at least tries to be accurate:

www.theaustralian.com.au/news/coral-princess-covid19-outbreak-nothing-like-ruby-princess/video/8505a2af4444e9aa13857c4e5cd90c42

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

The Courier Mail article is not worth the paper it's printed on. Other media outlets have been more even handed.   Here's one that at least tries to be accurate:

www.theaustralian.com.au/news/coral-princess-covid19-outbreak-nothing-like-ruby-princess/video/8505a2af4444e9aa13857c4e5cd90c42

The Australian has just written the words of the Sky News reporter. Yes, on non-political stories Sky News is more neutral, and even has a Stefanovic that has some credibility. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Coral Princess is back in Brisbane on a beautiful sunny day, transmitting before it heads north.  It will be interesting to see how many positive crew and passengers there are.  I wonder how many passengers will take up the offer to cancel the next cruise.  

"transmitting "?!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

In this case it was an entity, Daily Telegraph.

I don't think it came from Karl Stefawhatever - his spouted quote is "Ruby Princess 2.0", which was to be expected considering his daily rant a couple of years back. One minute, the Today show is pro-cruise when they are getting freebies aboard to promote the cruise line, and anti-cruise when they have an audience for it. I hope the cruise lines have learned to never use them again as a cash for comment advertorial tool.

Or perhaps the cruise lines need to be doing cash for comment more frequently? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Or perhaps the cruise lines need to be doing cash for comment more frequently? 🤷‍♂️

P&O sunk heaps into commercial TV when Pacific Explorer was arriving back to Sydney. Am I so gullible to think they don't know that P&O and Princess are run by the same Corporation?

For their dollars, it only took those channels 6 weeks to turn 180 degrees on the cruise industry. While their initial efforts would have driven a run of bookings, I don't think they have got a lot of bang for their bucks.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, arxcards said:

P&O sunk heaps into commercial TV when Pacific Explorer was arriving back to Sydney. Am I so gullible to think they don't know that P&O and Princess are run by the same Corporation?

For their dollars, it only took those channels 6 weeks to turn 180 degrees on the cruise industry. While their initial efforts would have driven a run of bookings, I don't think they have got a lot of bang for their bucks.

If you lie down with dogs, you will wake with fleas.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Late cancellations by pax. ?
Will be interesting to hear how many on board on the next Coral Princess cruise.

The passengers received an email this morning with an offer if they wish to cancel on tomorrow's sailing. They can move to another date or receive a refund or FCC. From what I hear from a friend on board, a fair number of the crew are in isolation resulting in the MDR not being open for breakfast or lunch. Maybe Princess is trying to reduce the number of passengers going on the cruise so the staff won't be overwhelmed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Maybe Princess is trying to reduce the number of passengers going on the cruise so the staff won't be overwhelmed. 

That makes the most sense, considering that is what has been offered to the passengers for the previous two cruises to take pressure off the available crew.

It does get a bit weird though when the existing passengers are being offered a carrot to cancel, while at the same time, Princess is also selling available cabins. It makes me think that the government protocols obligate them to offer a cancellation option whenever there are elevated infections aboard, but at the same time Princess would still like to fill as many cabins as possible.

• Like 1

Just now, arxcards said:

That makes the most sense, considering that is what has been offered to the passengers for the previous two cruises to take pressure off the available crew.

It does get a bit weird though when the existing passengers are being offered a carrot to cancel, while at the same time, Princess is also selling available cabins. It makes me think that the government protocols obligate them to offer a cancellation option whenever there are elevated infections aboard, but at the same time Princess would still like to fill as many cabins as possible.

We can't be sure that Princess is trying to sell cabins at the moment. The prices are being shown on a couple of TA sites, but a few minutes ago I tried to do a dummy booking and got the message that I couldn't book on line and had to phone the TA.

• Like 2