Did Alaska - Now What?

Mikewa

Did Alaska August 5 - Ovation of the Seas.  One of the best vacations we've ever had.  Love cruising.  Been on a few over the years, but still don't consider myself an expert.    Loved Alaska and love the large cruise ships (Ovation was amazing!).

Anyway, we are looking for something maybe fall of 2023.  Just trying to get some ideas.  Want to stay with Royal.  I know kind of a broad request, but any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks so much!  

Expand to other countries and continents. If Fall of 2023, either a TA or a TP. Both are amazing. Have done several of both and have a TA planned in Oct. and a TP planned in April.

Do you have the time, or are limited on days?

Just now, Jimbo said:

Why? or is it sailings for 2023 just haven't been released yet?

I do not think that is the case.  We sailed the Baltic this year, too.  We loved it. However, the ships in the Baltic are not full or even close.  [we had just 1,300 on Voyager]

I think that without St Petersburg they do not feel they will be able to fill their ships and make money. Ot they can make more money elsewhere. I do think anyone thinks St Petersburg will be a port stop in 2023.

• Like 1

I guess it's just me - I really don't care that much about the itinerary.  For me, it's more about the ship. If I was forced to make a choice - I guess I would say my preference leans towards the Caribbean. I'm a warm weather person. (BTW - did Alaska. It was good, but once was enough.)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mikewa said:

Did Alaska August 5 - Ovation of the Seas.  One of the best vacations we've ever had.  Love cruising.  Been on a few over the years, but still don't consider myself an expert.    Loved Alaska and love the large cruise ships (Ovation was amazing!).

Anyway, we are looking for something maybe fall of 2023.  Just trying to get some ideas.  Want to stay with Royal.  I know kind of a broad request, but any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks so much!  

Panama Canal 

2 hours ago, Mikewa said:

Thanks so much for all your opinions.  Can't say you made the choice any easier - just the opposite.

We have had three Oasis Class transatlantic sailings. Love sea days and those cruises were about the best we have ever had.  We had a 7 night Harmony cruise followed by a 15 night TA back to FLL booked for 2019 but thanks to covid it was cancelled, we were really looking forward to it.  

8 hours ago, Mikewa said:

A few suggestions:

Any cruise that goes to Istanbul.

Baltic Cruise, but wait a bit and hope St. Petersburg comes back.

Norwegian Fiords

South America with Antarctic 

Cruise out of Dubai that visits Khasab (great fiords) and Muscat

Japan during Cherry Blossom time

New Zealand

Panama Canal

• Like 1