Princess vs. Virgin Voyages Round 1: Pre-Cruise Experience

CineGraphic

I haven’t looked at VV since their early offerings, even before Covid.  But it looked interesting, and still does.  I’m certainly not the demographic their are looking for, but I used to choose my destinations by three criteria:  they don’t use the same alphabet, nor the same type of toilet, and you can’t drink the water.  VV doesn’t really meet any of those criteria, but I think I would still view it as experiencing a new country with different culture.  In essence, an adventure.  EM

• Like 1

The bed could be considered a "pull out" by some. It really isn't. One bed is anchored to the frame work that forms the couch form. The other bed is on a pivot. It can be pivoted over to pair up with the anchored bed to make a queen bed or left on the frame work if two separate folks are traveling. So during the day if folks want it to actually be a couch the steward will remove the bedding and it becomes a couch. Adding the bedding and they are now beds. 

Now don't get me wrong others love the beds on both Virgin and Princess. I know my bed on Princess back in 2019 was absolutely comfy. Supposedly they upgraded all the bedding during the shut down. Did the beds change or maybe my joints have just gotten more temperamental?  In both instances the stewards did what they could to make them more comfortable by adding extra comforters on the bed under the sheet. Think "Princess and the Pea". Those helped but not by a whole lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wildcatllamas said:

Not so much. But things constantly change. I know one day near The Dock there was a duo, one on guitar and the other on a violin. There were pretty good.

Then I'm not interested. But it's good that you found entertainment that you enjoy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I think Cinema was insulted by some of the posts and will not come back.  I for one was looking forward to his comparisons.

Or maybe this thread was titled pre-cruise experiences, and he will come back later with a thread about his cruise experience. Let us hope so.

• Like 3

The OP’s dissatisfaction with Princess seems to me to be the reason for this thread.

There are posts- many of a positive nature on the Virgin Voyages board.

Both cruiselines have something to offer, and a comparison needs to be fairly presented.

I found the 3 videos of Virgin ships posted on the Virgin Voyages board very informative.

I am not yet ready to say it is not for me.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2022 at 12:42 PM, EllieinNJ said:

I think Cinema was insulted by some of the posts and will not come back.  I for one was looking forward to his comparisons.

Ellie- go to Virgin Voyages forum on this site where you will find some good, up to date, first-hand information and sharing about Virgin cruises. 
There are some people who have enjoyed this cruise line over others mentioned on these boards.

Maybe OP will start a new Live thread on Virgin forum to tell about the wonderful replacement he has found.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sad to say OP has left us.

Found some helpful info on the Virgin Voyages forum. Many positive aspects pointed out, a couple of ??? Videos- not sure why-with screaming.

Visit there- thread called The Red Book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1