The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday December 17th, 2022

richwmn

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I don't think I've had Canadian maple syrup, I don't have an ugly Christmas sweater, and I'll salute the Wright brothers. I like the quote. I like the meal, altho carby. I'll pass on the drink and wine ($$).

I haven't been to Guam.

It's cold here (32F) with off and on snow showers. I slept poorly last night. I couldn't fall asleep until almost 4AM, not sure why. I will be going to see Transiberian Orchestra tonight with BFF. We used to go yearly. This will be my first time at an indoor event since Covid, with lots of people (it's in a big arena), so I will wear a mask.

@summer slope @RedneckBob @StLouisCruisers Welcome home.

@kazu @lindaler Bon Voyage!

@Seasick Sailor It sounds like you're having a good time!

@aliaschief I'm glad you're feeling back to normal.

@smitty34877 Prayers for a smooth procedure on Monday and a swift recovery. Thanks for the picture of cutie Miss Camilla! She's gotten so big.

@ottahand7 I hope they don't release DB until he's good enough to go home.

@Heartgrove Thanks for the information on Guam. Interesting your comment about the politicians; there was a beloved person here that was elected mayor and he stood on the corners of some neighborhoods after with a sign saying thank you, and waving. Sadly he only served 8 months, dying of cancer.

@Rowsby Love the picture.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the great Guam photos.

@Sharon in AZ I'm delighted to hear you finally got the medication for psoriatic arthritis.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 6

Just now, JazzyV said:

I don't think I've had Canadian maple syrup, I don't have an ugly Christmas sweater, and I'll salute the Wright brothers. I like the quote. I like the meal, altho carby. I'll pass on the drink and wine ($$).

I haven't been to Guam.

It's cold here (32F) with off and on snow showers. I slept poorly last night. I couldn't fall asleep until almost 4AM, not sure why. I will be going to see Transiberian Orchestra tonight with BFF. We used to go yearly. This will be my first time at an indoor event with lots of people (it's in a big arena), so I will wear a mask.

@smitty34877 Prayers for a smooth procedure on Monday and a swift recovery. Thanks for the picture of cutie Miss Camilla! She's gotten so big.

@Heartgrove Thanks for the information on Guam. Interesting your comment about the politicians; there was a beloved person here that was elected mayor and he stood on the corners of some neighborhoods after with a sign saying thank you, and waving. Sadly he only served 8 months, dying of cancer.

@Sharon in AZ I'm delighted to hear you finally got the medication for psoriatic arthritis.

Stay well everyone.

Thanks JazzyV

• Like 7

Good morning all!

Sharon @Sharon in AZso glad you could get started on the psoriatic arthritis meds. Let us know if they help. 

Terry @smitty34877thank you for the adorable photo of Camilla. She’s as cute as ever. Also wonderful news you’re cleared for surgery!

Jacqui @kazuBon Voyage! Thank you for the photos and descriptions of the Westgate. I’m watching for our stay in San Diego in January of ‘24. 

We now have someone coming next week to give us an estimate on taking down those trees. So glad to get the ball rolling. 

We’re heading out in a few minutes to see the boys but I wanted to share this ornament I had made. I want it to be the first one they hang on our tree. It says I love you to the moon and back. Cheesy but I’m a cheesy Nana. 😁

E19DBBAE-9680-44BD-AE46-578E0C069DAA.thumb.jpeg.05fe3412149379e8c31757b991c2f667.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Good morning and thanks all!  We took our DGD to a play of the little prince when she was only five or six and it was magical!  She came home and build a rocket ship! 

We love real maple syrup!  Even on pop corn!  

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for the fantastic photos!  It is so nice to see such great photos of these interesting ports!   Very  appreciated! 

3 hours ago, Rowsby said:

@Heartgrove Jack....I would love to go back there too....the World Cruise stopped there a few years ago...I really should have taken that leg of the trip....!!

On January 3, 1947....my Mom and I boarded the USS Lejeune in San Francisco...to take us to Guam....where my Dad...a US Navy Seabee had served during WWII and was still there...

Those with family were given a quonset shell...if they could make it "liveable" and pass inspection...then we could join him.  We spent one year there and loved it...:)

Guam - January 1947.jpg

Quonset - Guam.jpg

What wonderful memories,  thank you so much for sharing!  

@smitty34877 sending good wishes for Monday!  When did Baby Camilla become a little girl?  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

It snowed all night, I heard the street plows around 4am and the sidewalk plow at 5:30.  We'll have to get the snowblower  out to clear the driveway even though we don't have anyplace to go.  I got a few groceries yesterday.  I may have to run out next week to get some fresh milk but I hope to be able to stay out of stores.

I love maple syrup, we have friends who tap a few trees on their property and make maple syrup and we're lucky when they give us a bottle.  A big thank you to the Wright Brothers.  I don't think I have any ugly sweaters, but others may disagree with my style.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good.  I'll pass on the drink and hope the wine isn't too expensive.

I've never been to today's port.

Welcome back @RedneckBobGlad you enjoyed your cruise.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

Thanks puppycanducruise. Just got home. Minor problem at Port today. Face recognication was not working and then working which caused backup in terminal. Unfortunately two passengers had to put on emergency vehicles at Port when we arrived. 4th such incident in two weeks.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  One of my (late) cousins had a thriving maple syrup business for many years.  Ugly or not, sweaters will be a good idea this coming week.  I wonder if the Wright Brothers ever realized the impact they would have on the world.  I love the quote but have not been to Guam.  The meal sounds interesting but I am not a fan of chili.  My alternative is Sliced Orange and Watermelon Salsa, Filet of Beef Brioche, and Dutch Apple Cake as served on MS Prinsendam December 17, 2013.

Today’s care list:

FF Zachary Paris and Marvin Gruber, Schuylkill County Pa. laid to rest after LODD 12/7
USN59-79 with leg fracture
Marshhawk DH family illnesses
StLouisCruisers DD recovering from foot surgery
From the rotation:
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Ottahand7 DH in rehab(coming home soon)
Smitty34877 waiting for hip replacement 12/19
*MissG* struggling with devastating family health situation

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Volendam and

vd1217.thumb.JPG.253e698b0aef78e5af8ac011b00a413a.JPG
Nieuw Statendam

ns1217.thumb.JPG.841777d69d6b228d011de4ab6996c9a2.JPG

Monday hip replacement for smitty34877almost certain
5 days for richwmn {Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23)
Bon Voyage indaler (Volendam 12/17 to 3/18/23)
Bon Voyage Kaz to u (Koningsdam 12/17 to 1/7/23_
Welcome Home RedbeckBob,  StLouisCruisers & Summer Slope
SusieKIslandGirl (Island Princess to 12/22) and Cruisin Terri (Insignia  to 12/28) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam  to 1/25/23) and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23) at sea

Roy

Thanks Roy. Do you see me waving at the back of the Lido Deck this am. I am the large blue blob 😀

• Like 9

Good day from the Pacific Northwest.  Luckily, we missed most of the storm that swept across the country this week.  Much less pain in my leg, but have to wear the boot for a few more weeks.  I wonder who decided that colorful sweaters with a Christmas theme are now "ugly sweaters"?  Are those the people we call "Influencers" on social media?  Think that I will ignore them.

My late cousin was a Navy wife and they were stationed on Guam prior to WW2.  Had to be evacuated to the U.S. when the war started.  And we also visited it in 2018 on the 60 day Coral Princess cruise, Los Angeles to Los Angeles.  I wish there were more cruises like that.  

Ray

• Like 18

Happy Penultimate Saturday before Christmas.  I went to Roy's English class refresher.

It has been a busy and good week here in the Sunshine City.  Several longer bike rides on sunny and warm days.  Some pool time as well. Thursday's Coffee Concert finished with the Nutcracker Suite, always a crowd favorite.  A storm blew through during the concert as we wondered if it was the kettle drums we heard, or the storm muffled on the roof of the Mahaffey Theater.  

I'm glad to see the Volendam in Ft Lauderdale and plan to watch sailaway later.  Hope Kazu is boarding the Koningsdam in San Diego today. 

Friends from the east coast of Florida are enticing us to join them on a MSC cruise out of Miami next month.  None of us have ever been on MSC.  Some of my dear Holland America friends refer to it as Miserable Shipping Company, with horror stories to back it up.  How bad could it be?  Maybe I should try it?  We were so fortunate to have 4 weeks onboard Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam last winter when fares and service were wonderful.  If you haven't checked, prices are up and the dam ships are full again.  

20220221_104153.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

This is the second post with pictures from May 26, 2021.

Between DH and myself, we found some more pictures of Guam that might give you a better idea of the island.   In 1972, the last surviving Japanese soldier, Shoichi Yokoi, was found in a cave not far from downtown in a very heavily wooded area..

The Chamorro are the people native to Guam, and the stone pedestals with a flat stone on top  (picture in previous post) are latte or latte stones used as building supports by the ancient Chamorro people.

These are some pictures of the resort area along Tumon Bay, not far from the airport.  There are a lot of high end stores in the area.  For a long time, mainly Japanese came to Guam for their vacations.  In 2018, the predominate tourists were South Koreans.

IMG_4712.thumb.JPG.70b2d65e3060d81c80be60c4afc0cd03.JPG
DSC05828.thumb.JPG.1ac7f0676b85d8b6283e4fcb2e6039ba.JPG
DSC05829.thumb.JPG.b95e87931e727b1378008998ef7c666b.JPG

A few pictures of downtown taken from a view point and gun emplacement overlooking downtown a little further south from the resort area.

IMG_4761.thumb.JPG.91603b0038db9b6aafbffc71786c8b7f.JPG

IMG_4763.thumb.JPG.b9659a6a8290f04a02eea92ded5356ea.JPG

IMG_4765.thumb.JPG.12394b0abb9f90ce87402dbbe67093ee.JPG

IMG_4764.thumb.JPG.31196b535070314b2b6d3e15c841ec5a.JPG

A few more pictures of Asan Landing Beach park.  The torpedo is at the entrance to the park.

IMG_4788.thumb.JPG.60c3376fe50564d7e42c4651a13013e9.JPG
IMG_4787.thumb.JPG.a111fcb23ff68917b8f07d0f9390ae0d.JPG

DSC05869.thumb.JPG.2aeece28e4431864af035d0669f705c9.JPG

IMG_4775.thumb.JPG.3fe1d22acf17fe561401f9ee4fb62ccf.JPG

IMG_4774.thumb.JPG.1f5132beda684cf921ccfabec34648f4.JPG

For a good overview of the invasion of Guam by the U S Marines, the National Park Service Visitor Center is the place to go.  This is the only picture I have of the outside of the  building.

DSC05879.thumb.JPG.d6478f36adbf3c7e165dbf06716837aa.JPG

In 2005, we drove up to the north end of the island and around the tip.   Part of the area is a wildlife refuge and part is Anderson Air Force Base, which is closed to the public.

IMG_4722.thumb.JPG.a1cf41becd4895b4b4dccc49661b93f7.JPG

IMG_4733.thumb.JPG.6850560a3bb7d20c863264ffced8b62c.JPG

IMG_4738.thumb.JPG.0a8af89eb954861cef19c17e513aed0d.JPG

Lenda

Great selection of photos Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@RedneckBobGlad you are back home from your cruise and it looks like you had a good time. @smitty34877 Thanks for the photo of Camilla.  She is darling. Glad you got the go ahead for your hip surgery.  

@Sharon in AZI am happy you finally got approval for your psoriatic arthritis. It has been a long haul.  

@kazuBon Voyage!!! 🍾⛴️ Have a wonderful cruise!

Saw DB and DSIL prior to my postponed hair appointment. He looked good but I still don't think he is fit to go home. He isn't being kicked out.  I said my goodbyes since we are leaving a day early and more snow in the forecast.  I hope all goes well for them while I am gone. Thanks for the photos of Guam.   Have a nice Saturday.  Big birthday for me tomorrow!  I can now start drawing my delayed social security!   Nancy 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

@RedneckBobGlad you are back home from your cruise and it looks like you had a good time. @smitty34877 Thanks for the photo of Camilla.  She is darling. Glad you got the go ahead for your hip surgery.  

@Sharon in AZI am happy you finally got approval for your psoriatic arthritis. It has been a long haul.  

Saw DB and DSIL prior to my postponed hair appointment. He looked good but I still don't think he is fit to go home. He isn't being kicked out.  I said my goodbyes since we are leaving a day early and more snow in the forecast.  I hope all goes well for them while I am gone. Thanks for the photos of Guam.   Have a nice Saturday.  Big birthday for me tomorrow!  I can now start drawing my delayed social security!   Nancy 

Happy 21st birthday tomorrow Nancy.

I hope you enjoy your Big birthday.

Graham x

animated-Happy-Birthday-candles-gif.gif

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from a cold 27F start of the day here in Tucson. We live in an area that is always a bit colder than the official weather station (the airport) but still that’s just too many days below freezing. 

Yesterday I took DM to an appointment and we had Mexican food for lunch. 

When I worked I had several Christmas sweaters that would now be considered ugly. And I’ll celebrate the Wright Brothers and maple syrup. I’ll pass on the drink and wine. I’ve made chili Mac before but not vegetarian. 

I never told you all that I finally was approved by the foundation for financial support for the psoriatic arthritis medication. It took forever and I had to jump through all kinds of hoops and it didn’t help that I was traveling in October and November and then sick. So anyway, I started on it on Thursday and have had some side effects, which were expected. It’ll take a few months to see the benefits but I’m really thankful just to start taking it. 

How wonderful to see a picture of sweet Miss Camilla!!  Thank you Terry @smitty34877 and good wishes for a successful surgery on Monday!

Jacqui @kazu and Linda @lindaler — Bon Voyage!!

Have a great day everyone!

I'm really happy for you Sharon that you have been approved for your Psoriatic arthritis medication.

I'm sorry you are having some side affects but hopefully the benefits vastly exceed the side affects.

I hope your dear mams appointment was successful.

Graham.

• Like 10

@RedneckBob Apparently you didn't polish the snaps on your overalls well enough to glitter in the dark.

@Sharon in AZGreat news!  Maybe I should try for that Jardience application.  If we combine both incomes, we make too much, but there was no where on the application that states, what is mine, is ours, and what is his is his.    Thankfully when DH needed to apply for assistance on a new form of chemo, they asked only about his.  8K a month for at least 5 years, would have killed us.

@smitty34877I am so glad that you are getting that hip done on Monday.  To be pain free is so wonderful!

@kazu Bon Voyage

8f375d9e846cdbb7fd2e13cf0070784e.jpg

I had an interesting talk with my vascular doctor yesterday.  I told him how crappy I was feeling.  How I felt a tightness in my chest, coughed all the time, head ache on the left side....and do you know what he said?  "Thank God you told me, most women do not complain about how they feel, and when they get to the hospital, it is usually too late to do anything."  Why is that I asked? "Two reasons, one, women have a higher pain threshold then men, and two, women are usually the care givers, and don't take care of themselves."  So as of this week, I got someone to listen, I'm having a CT Scan on my chest, all the way down to the pelvic area, (see what that adrenal tumor is doing) I changed my primary doctor, and I'm getting help for my diabetes from a wonderful person!!!!  

I cant travel the globe if I'm not here.  Unless a ghost can travel the globe????  

f83412574275c797cb7be5cccdbca5d6.jpg

• Like 18

33 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

"Two reasons, one, women have a higher pain threshold then men, and two, women are usually the care givers, and don't take care of themselves." 

Third reason: women have experienced having doctors minimize or ignore what they report. I'm male, but I once saw a doctor write down "hypochondria" as the diagnosis, and for a long time after that I was reluctant to mention anything that wasn't glaringly obvious. My current doctor has a nurse practitioner speak with all patients, even when he's then going to see them himself, because patients seem to be more forthcoming with a nurse practitioner, even a male NP.

• Like 12

A fair share of the maple syrup in supermarkets is from Canada. Here we also see New York maple syrup, but never any from Vermont. At the street fair two weeks ago, we sold a lot of ugly Hanukkah sweaters for $10 each; we bought them back when K-Mart was closing stores for 95 cents each. Either of the meal suggestions would be OK with me.

I haven't been to Guam. A college friend of mine taught there for a year and came back having learned something useful: how to solder a leaking radiator, which she said her car there required about once a week. I have the romantic, if crazy, idea of traveling from Honolulu to Guam on the Micronesia Island Hopper, a flight originally run by Continental Air Micronesia ("Air Mike") and now by United, that stops at five islands along the way. These include Kwajalein, where passengers without military clearance aren't allowed to leave the plane and sometimes have to keep window shades down. At some of the other islands most passengers leave the plane, if only to get a passport stamp or buy snacks. I don't actually enjoy flying all that much and the plane is a 738--that's the crazy part.

Timmy.thumb.jpg.5e4fad68092882bf40086233d827d86f.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

Good afternoon from central Texas.  The yard is mowed and trimmed, and looks much better.  The wind was not too bad and it wasn't too cold in the sun.  In the shade it wasn't too chilly.  At least, I won't have to do that any more this year.

This morning, we took a large load of things to the thrift store that uses the proceeds to benefit veterans. It was all things that came home with us from all the hospital stays and rehab stays that we no longer need.  The people from the home health agency suggested the thrift store since they could get some of the things to veterans who need them.  

After that, we drove to W-M in the next town to get the Christmas ham and a few things we can't get locally.  The big news this afternoon was DH was able to drive the golf cart to get the mail and tour our community.  He's made that much improvement in a week.

7 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Saturday Daily, Rich.

You just have to celebrate Maple Syrup - so good and without the Wright Brothers I wouldn’t be here getting ready to board so 🥂 to them.

Loved the Little Prince and I think there were a lot of truths in that gem of a book.

so glad to hear  that @smitty34877 is a go for her needed surgery 👍 

I’m in the first group to board so I best tidy things up and prep a bit & double check anything that should be attended to before the New Year.  Not sure how wifi will be on the ship.  CC won’t upload my pics right now so no memes right now 😠 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory List.

Have a great Saturday everyone & stay safe.

Jacqui, 🚢 🎈  BON VOYAGE!  🥂 🍾  I know you will have a great cruise.

6 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you for the memories for my second visit in 1996. One of your photos looking across Tumon Bay shows the Hilton that I stayed at for a week. On my original visit in 1972 Guam wasn't quite the tourist attraction that it would become. I remember that the reason it was so popular for the Japanese tourists was that it was only a three hour flight away.

- Jack

Jack, i'm glad my pictures brought back great memories.

7 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from a cold 27F start of the day here in Tucson. We live in an area that is always a bit colder than the official weather station (the airport) but still that’s just too many days below freezing. 

Yesterday I took DM to an appointment and we had Mexican food for lunch. 

When I worked I had several Christmas sweaters that would now be considered ugly. And I’ll celebrate the Wright Brothers and maple syrup. I’ll pass on the drink and wine. I’ve made chili Mac before but not vegetarian. 

I never told you all that I finally was approved by the foundation for financial support for the psoriatic arthritis medication. It took forever and I had to jump through all kinds of hoops and it didn’t help that I was traveling in October and November and then sick. So anyway, I started on it on Thursday and have had some side effects, which were expected. It’ll take a few months to see the benefits but I’m really thankful just to start taking it. 

How wonderful to see a picture of sweet Miss Camilla!!  Thank you Terry @smitty34877 and good wishes for a successful surgery on Monday!

Jacqui @kazu and Linda @lindaler — Bon Voyage!!

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon, that is great news you were approved for the help with the medicine for the psoriatic arthritis.  Sending good thoughts the medicine works and the side effects disappear.

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Sharon @Sharon in AZso glad you could get started on the psoriatic arthritis meds. Let us know if they help. 

Terry @smitty34877thank you for the adorable photo of Camilla. She’s as cute as ever. Also wonderful news you’re cleared for surgery!

Jacqui @kazuBon Voyage! Thank you for the photos and descriptions of the Westgate. I’m watching for our stay in San Diego in January of ‘24. 

We now have someone coming next week to give us an estimate on taking down those trees. So glad to get the ball rolling. 

We’re heading out in a few minutes to see the boys but I wanted to share this ornament I had made. I want it to be the first one they hang on our tree. It says I love you to the moon and back. Cheesy but I’m a cheesy Nana. 😁

E19DBBAE-9680-44BD-AE46-578E0C069DAA.thumb.jpeg.05fe3412149379e8c31757b991c2f667.jpeg

Carolyn, that is a great ornament, and it will be special for years to come.

4 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  We took our DGD to a play of the little prince when she was only five or six and it was magical!  She came home and build a rocket ship! 

We love real maple syrup!  Even on pop corn!  

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for the fantastic photos!  It is so nice to see such great photos of these interesting ports!   Very  appreciated! 

What wonderful memories,  thank you so much for sharing!  

@smitty34877 sending good wishes for Monday!  When did Baby Camilla become a little girl?  

Brenda, than you for your kind words.

4 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Good day from the Pacific Northwest.  Luckily, we missed most of the storm that swept across the country this week.  Much less pain in my leg, but have to wear the boot for a few more weeks.  I wonder who decided that colorful sweaters with a Christmas theme are now "ugly sweaters"?  Are those the people we call "Influencers" on social media?  Think that I will ignore them.

My late cousin was a Navy wife and they were stationed on Guam prior to WW2.  Had to be evacuated to the U.S. when the war started.  And we also visited it in 2018 on the 60 day Coral Princess cruise, Los Angeles to Los Angeles.  I wish there were more cruises like that.  

Ray

Ray, I also wish there were more cruises like the 2018 Coral Princess one.  We did a 64 day on Volendam in 2002 that was the precursor for the Grand Asia cruises.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Great selection of photos Lenda.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham.

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Nancy, I hope your DB stays and gets all the therapy he needs to go home safely.  It makes a big difference.  🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY 💐 a day early.

54 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@RedneckBob Apparently you didn't polish the snaps on your overalls well enough to glitter in the dark.

@Sharon in AZGreat news!  Maybe I should try for that Jardience application.  If we combine both incomes, we make too much, but there was no where on the application that states, what is mine, is ours, and what is his is his.    Thankfully when DH needed to apply for assistance on a new form of chemo, they asked only about his.  8K a month for at least 5 years, would have killed us.

@smitty34877I am so glad that you are getting that hip done on Monday.  To be pain free is so wonderful!

@kazu Bon Voyage

I had an interesting talk with my vascular doctor yesterday.  I told him how crappy I was feeling.  How I felt a tightness in my chest, coughed all the time, head ache on the left side....and do you know what he said?  "Thank God you told me, most women do not complain about how they feel, and when they get to the hospital, it is usually too late to do anything."  Why is that I asked? "Two reasons, one, women have a higher pain threshold then men, and two, women are usually the care givers, and don't take care of themselves."  So as of this week, I got someone to listen, I'm having a CT Scan on my chest, all the way down to the pelvic area, (see what that adrenal tumor is doing) I changed my primary doctor, and I'm getting help for my diabetes from a wonderful person!!!!  

I cant travel the globe if I'm not here.  Unless a ghost can travel the globe????  

Annie, I'm glad you have a doctor who listens and takes your symptoms seriously.  Hope you have good results from your CT scan..  it should be a relief to have some answers.

I guess it's time to go start supper.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@richwmn and @Sharon in AZ 

Remember the couple who joined us last year for Trivia? They are back on board with parents and brother! We played with them and the brother. Ended with 12. 2 play offs.. They don't want to be named but said to tell Rich hello!

I think I only played with them once or twice.  I’m glad you reconnected and have more trivia partners. Say hi for me. 

7 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I haven't been to Guam.

It's cold here (32F) with off and on snow showers. I slept poorly last night. I couldn't fall asleep until almost 4AM, not sure why. I will be going to see Transiberian Orchestra tonight with BFF. We used to go yearly. This will be my first time at an indoor event since Covid, with lots of people (it's in a big arena), so I will wear a mask.

Stay well everyone.

Thank you Vanessa. 

7 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Thank you Carolyn. Also, we are planning on staying at the Westgate in March for a few days. It’s just a land trip and the hotel looks fantastic.  The ornament isn’t cheesy, it’s beautiful. Did you paint it freehand?

5 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Thank you Nancy. And Happy Birthday tomorrow!  Enjoy your special day.  Safe travels to your cruise. 

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm really happy for you Sharon that you have been approved for your Psoriatic arthritis medication.

I'm sorry you are having some side affects but hopefully the benefits vastly exceed the side affects.

I hope your dear mams appointment was successful.

Graham.

Thank you Graham. The side effects are supposed to diminish over time, hopefully. 

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@kazu Bon Voyage

Thank you Annie. I did have to include total household income and savings. Since I’m on Medicare it had to go through a foundation. I’m glad your vascular doctor is listening to you and you are getting tests done. 

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon from central Texas.  The yard is mowed and trimmed, and looks much better.  The wind was not too bad and it wasn't too cold in the sun.  In the shade it wasn't too chilly.  At least, I won't have to do that any more this year.

This morning, we took a large load of things to the thrift store that uses the proceeds to benefit veterans. It was all things that came home with us from all the hospital stays and rehab stays that we no longer need.  The people from the home health agency suggested the thrift store since they could get some of the things to veterans who need them.  

After that, we drove to W-M in the next town to get the Christmas ham and a few things we can't get locally.  The big news this afternoon was DH was able to drive the golf cart to get the mail and tour our community.  He's made that much improvement in a week.

Jacqui, 🚢 🎈  BON VOYAGE!  🥂 🍾  I know you will have a great cruise.

Jack, i'm glad my pictures brought back great memories.

Sharon, that is great news you were approved for the help with the medicine for the psoriatic arthritis.  Sending good thoughts the medicine works and the side effects disappear.

Carolyn, that is a great ornament, and it will be special for years to come.

Brenda, than you for your kind words.

Ray, I also wish there were more cruises like the 2018 Coral Princess one.  We did a 64 day on Volendam in 2002 that was the precursor for the Grand Asia cruises.

Thank you, Graham.

Nancy, I hope your DB stays and gets all the therapy he needs to go home safely.  It makes a big difference.  🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY 💐 a day early.

Annie, I'm glad you have a doctor who listens and takes your symptoms seriously.  Hope you have good results from your CT scan..  it should be a relief to have some answers.

I guess it's time to go start supper.

Lenda

Thank you so much Lenda. And such great news about your DH improvement this past week!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Good evening, everyone.  I’ve looked at the Daily today and am happy to see some good news…pretty Miss Camilla, Sharon’s good med approved,  Annie with a good and attentive doc.   And maple is maybe my favorite flavor.

But on the home front, I’m kinda poopy.  DD lives seven minutes away and now DSIL has been informed that for career advancement, they need to move to Los Angeles.  It’s quite a blow for all of us.

So I’m trying to block it out, but still….

48AB5DCF-3FAE-45B0-AD4F-B3741CBE989C.jpeg.7e4e85b757a190979573006805ed7e1b.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you Carolyn. Also, we are planning on staying at the Westgate in March for a few days. It’s just a land trip and the hotel looks fantastic.  The ornament isn’t cheesy, it’s beautiful. Did you paint it freehand?

Oh, please do let me know how you like the hotel.  Prices aren't up yet for '24, but they are for well into December '23 so I expect to be booking it soon.

Aw, thank you for your comment about the ornament.  No, I didn't do anything but choose hair colors and styles, etc. etc.  It was one of those ads on FB which I usually ignore, but.... 😉  My DD thinks it looks a lot like the 3 of us. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Oh, please do let me know how you like the hotel.  Prices aren't up yet for '24, but they are for well into December '23 so I expect to be booking it soon.

Aw, thank you for your comment about the ornament.  No, I didn't do anything but choose hair colors and styles, etc. etc.  It was one of those ads on FB which I usually ignore, but.... 😉  My DD thinks it looks a lot like the 3 of us. 

I had mugs made for my sisters like that.  I got the hair right on all of us and it is a treasured gift among my sisters.

• Like 6