Fettucine Alfredo gone?

dcrow72

Anyone onboard any ships now that can verify new menu took away fettucine alfredo and substituted lasagna?  I hope that isn't true because it's my favorite go to every cruise for decades now.  Person who posted it on another venue is on Emerald I believe.  It was on the Discovery anytime menu in October.  Thanks.  Happy New Year.  

We are cruising soon, and I have been following here on CC.   And, yes, with the new menus that are rolling out, they are fazing out the everyday fettucini.   The always available items seem to be disappearing.    Same with the changed up versions of the Princess signature desserts.

I want my fettucini and Ceaser salad!!! 

We need to start a mutiny.

A campaign by people like us, directed to the higher levels of Princess customer service.

What were they thinking!   When out of all the food on the cruise line, it is the simple fettucini, and maybe a couple of desserts that can actually be recommended, and they get rid of those.   Sad.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

We are cruising soon, and I have been following here on CC.   And, yes, with the new menus that are rolling out, they are fazing out the everyday fettucini.   The always available items seem to be disappearing.    Same with the changed up versions of the Princess signature desserts.

I want my fettucini and Ceaser salad!!! 

We need to start a mutiny.

A campaign by people like us, directed to the higher levels of Princess customer service.

What were they thinking!   When out of all the food on the cruise line, it is the simple fettucini, and maybe a couple of desserts that can actually be recommended, and they get rid of those.   Sad.

My DH will be 😞.  It was

on the Crown Nov & Dec menu.  

It looks like they still have the menu they used to have, with the Fettucini on the top right under Pasta.  I saw the menu from December 29th.  Most everything else I am seeing posted here on cruise critic has that as Nona's Lasagna.  But, I have heart that it is on the actual nightly menu sometimes.  Like Italian Night.

• Like 1

It may not be posted on the menu daily fettuccine alfredo or a simple Caesar salad. But you can always ask for it when ordering for dinner and they have no problem bringing it up. They have they just aren't posting it on the menus daily. 

• Like 1

We were on the Sky Princess for Christmas.  Fettuccine Alfredo was officially on the menu only once. Yet my daughter ordered it on several other nights without an issue.  She said that it was as tasty as in our previous Christmas cruise (December 2019).  We still miss the cheese "basket."

We also ordered Insalata Caprese "off the menu" four times; were served it only twice.  Allegedly the main kitchen didn't have mozzarella cheese every night.  Could have placed a special order the night before but it wasn't crucial to us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dcrow72 said:

Anyone onboard any ships now that can verify new menu took away fettucine alfredo and substituted lasagna?  I hope that isn't true because it's my favorite go to every cruise for decades now.  Person who posted it on another venue is on Emerald I believe.  It was on the Discovery anytime menu in October.  Thanks.  Happy New Year.  

The lasagna is not a substitute, it is a replacement.  It is a middle of the road bland tasting dish. No basil, oregano, only a small amount of parmesan on top. Took us back to college and Chef Boyardee.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

It looks like they still have the menu they used to have, with the Fettucini on the top right under Pasta.  I saw the menu from December 29th.  Most everything else I am seeing posted here on cruise critic has that as Nona's Lasagna.  But, I have heart that it is on the actual nightly menu sometimes.  Like Italian Night.

ummm .... so no mutiny   ?

M&M GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

Just got off the Panama Canal cruise on the Emerald Princess (12/18-1/2). It was lasagna on the menu every night and only saw fettuccine alfredo once on the 15 night cruise. The lasagna was not good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

It may not be posted on the menu daily fettuccine alfredo or a simple Caesar salad. But you can always ask for it when ordering for dinner and they have no problem bringing it up. They have they just aren't posting it on the menus daily. 

For now.

7 minutes ago, Coral said:

For now.

I don't know... I know for breakfast, lunch, and dinner when I'm in the dining room If there's absolutely something I am craving That's not on the menu, I usually request it and they're always so lovely in the dining room to make my request come true.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 3:30 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

It was always available on the Royal over Christmas, but let me tell you, it was nothing like its former self! The color was different and the flavor was 100% off. I’m frankly shocked as the head chef is a long time Princess chef and Italian. He clearly didn’t sample it!

My thinking is that it was a heathier or maybe a cheaper version of past recipies?

On the Caribbean in December they used a mix of the old style and the new style menus.  Old menus still have the same old always available listed.  New menus are 2 pages, but the first page is usually art and description of whatever theme is going on.  The new menus no longer list the always available choices and have dessert on the menu instead of having a separate menu.  Under pasta choices we had one that changed every night and Mama's Meat Lasagna (none of us tried it).  On the dessert portion they still offer the Princess love boat dream (it's red now, and my girls did not enjoy the change), there was also always a creme Brule and at least one cheesecake, but the flavors would change occasionally.  Also they have added create your own sundae as a permanent dessert (guess they figured out all the adults ordering the volcano off the kids menu!).

We were told that the always available menu was still in place and that you could still order any of those options but they just weren't listed on the new menus.

11 hours ago, ericosmith said:

It was on the menu once on the Enchanted cruise just ended.

Yes, so disappointing.  In Club Dining, they said we had to special order in advance if we wanted it.

we will see if the works tonight.

Edited by jagoffee

On 1/12/2023 at 12:30 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

It was always available on the Royal over Christmas, but let me tell you, it was nothing like its former self! The color was different and the flavor was 100% off. I’m frankly shocked as the head chef is a long time Princess chef and Italian. He clearly didn’t sample it!

Over the years I have seen a lot of variance with it. Good on some ships not so good on others.

On 1/12/2023 at 12:30 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

Agree.   Just off the Sapphire.   Definately not the same .   Taste was off.

I am just off the Regal Princess.   The Fettucini Alfredo is served on the Italian Night menu.  And, it was SO GOOD!  Princess, please bring this back, like every other day, if not on the everyday items!

We enjoyed our meal on Italian Night.  The Alfredo, and the Eggplant Parm type dish, that was so delicious.  So much better than any regular American that I have ever had.   Do try that.  Those two dishes could have been my whole supper!   I had the Shrimp and Scallops over polenta.  It was very good too.  Not like amazing, but very good.

On this short cruise, I had only one souffle.  It was the one on Italian Night, and it was AMAZING!

The new Embarkation night menu...  well, we changed our Crown Grill reservation up to that night right away when we checked the menu.   They said they only have the current, and the next nights menus there for you to see.  Not any further into the cruise.