🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I’m learning that the earliest you can book My Time Dining is 6:45pm the early seating for traditional is 5:30 and late is 8pm so it makes it difficult to try and schedule something earlier than 6:45 for my time. I hate the way they have structured the dining times.

If you had tried to book a time in your planner you would have seen this is normal. My time is a terrible choice imo on royal. It's only good if you want to eat later. After 6:30 pm .  .on all ships my time is like this. I'm surprised you didnt know actually. I booked my time once and not since on royal. 

• Like 2

What a Difference a Day Makes!

So you heard our horror story of our first night in the MDR. Horrible service waiting an hour for our first course. Below average food. Told we could not bypass line for MDR and that the only way to bypass was to eat at 5:30 or 8:15.

Linda went to GS and got in touch with the head of the dining room. She explained how it was hard on my knee to stand for that long and that we wanted a set reservation time with same table and staff in a setting that was a little more quiet because of my hard of hearing. She was told someone would call her.

Today Royal (that’s his name on his badge but probably not his name) called and said come at 6:45 and ask for him. Upon our arrival he was at the host stand. We introduced ourselves and said he has a table ready for us. He took us to a better area not as crowded or noisy and introduced us to a great waiter Julia and assistant waiter Gabriel. They were wonderful. Very nice and conversational as opposed to our people last night. Service was impeccable and the food tasted better than last night. Royal also told us on our other nights we are booked in the MDR to bypass line and come straight to our table. This is what we have been able to achieve in the past. Now this is the Royal treatment.

IMG_2774.thumb.jpeg.49681b79391b147d131e2f510e1d9ba8.jpeg

Buffalo Trace Old Fashion

IMG_2775.thumb.jpeg.fbc1912e9405b403736de245438b5897.jpeg

I have to have Escargot again.

IMG_2776.thumb.jpeg.f2c8c9893886989088c1342222376ab6.jpeg

Calamari nice and hot and crispy.

IMG_2948.thumb.jpeg.f00c8c9e3992d9ff40bd739a054d3055.jpeg

Roasted Beef Tenderloin medium rare and very good.

IMG_2782.thumb.jpeg.8d8e39e128663f3e9ca293139277053f.jpeg

Cappuccino chocolate cake with double espresso. I’m one happy camper.

Thank you Royal for taking care of us. Moral of you don’t like something speak up, be kind but firm. They do want to please you.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1

This My Time Dining experience has me worried for Bella 2.  Are you saying there is only one line going into the MDR?  Not one for reservations and another for without?  We can’t all speak to the Host and get permission to bypass the line for a table…. (I certainly understand why you needed to…I’m just thinking this may be a deal breaker for us…)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So you heard our horror story of our first night in the MDR. Horrible service waiting an hour for our first course. Below average food. Told we could not bypass line for MDR and that the only way to bypass was to eat at 5:30 or 8:15.

Linda went to GS and got in touch with the head of the dining room. She explained how it was hard on my knee to stand for that long and that we wanted a set reservation time with same table and staff in a setting that was a little more quiet because of my hard of hearing. She was told someone would call her.

Today Royal (that’s his name on his badge but probably not his name) called and said come at 6:45 and ask for him. Upon our arrival he was at the host stand. We introduced ourselves and said he has a table ready for us. He took us to a better area not as crowded or noisy and introduced us to a great waiter Julia and assistant waiter Gabriel. They were wonderful. Very nice and conversational as opposed to our people last night. Service was impeccable and the food tasted better than last night. Royal also told us on our other nights we are booked in the MDR to bypass line and come straight to our table. This is what we have been able to achieve in the past. Now this is the Royal treatment.

Thank you Royal for taking care of us. Moral of you don’t like something speak up, be kind but firm. They do want to please you.

And you'd be surprised how much better the food tastes when your mindset is already positive from a good experience.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m happy for you that you had a better experience tonight.  Kindness works wonders in getting good service.  No shows for you and Linda ? Probably not because of your knees . I try to see every show . 

Have you seen Mo & Fran ? 

Congratulations to KC Chiefs 🏈

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If you had tried to book a time in your planner you would have seen this is normal. My time is a terrible choice imo on royal. It's only good if you want to eat later. After 6:30 pm .  .on all ships my time is like this. I'm surprised you didnt know actually. I booked my time once and not since on royal. 

Not my experience, always book MTD for the earliest slot and have never had more than a 5-10 minute wait in line. Always a drink cart in the line to grab one if thirsty. Maybe just lucky or if we have a different mindset in Australia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Sea dog if you are on adventure I just read a comment from a fellow passenger. They are glad the Mdr cut off people who booked early Mdr after 25 minutes, they shut the door. 

We are vey punctual people. Since we always request a two top, we just might be 15 fashionable minutes late each evening on our next cruises. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

Another congrats to Chiefs , your QB to Tight End seems almost unstoppable, broadcast did pause to show the game in between the shots of Taylor Swift in Kelsies box . Ok you haven’t mentioned one of my favorite bars that normally shows football games and normally has a very good guitarist singer which is the pub.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

This My Time Dining experience has me worried for Bella 2.  Are you saying there is only one line going into the MDR?  Not one for reservations and another for without?  We can’t all speak to the Host and get permission to bypass the line for a table…. (I certainly understand why you needed to…I’m just thinking this may be a deal breaker for us…)

For MTD the dining room opens at 6:45. The line is huge but moves. If you want to eat early best bet is Traditional but it will before 6pm.

40 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I’m happy for you that you had a better experience tonight.  Kindness works wonders in getting good service.  No shows for you and Linda ? Probably not because of your knees . I try to see every show . 

Have you seen Mo & Fran ? 

Congratulations to KC Chiefs 🏈

Not yet keep missing them.

37 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

No shows?

The gang is all here.

26 minutes ago, George C said:

Another congrats to Chiefs , your QB to Tight End seems almost unstoppable, broadcast did pause to show the game in between the shots of Taylor Swift in Kelsies box . Ok you haven’t mentioned one of my favorite bars that normally shows football games and normally has a very good guitarist singer which is the pub.

Haven’t made it to the pub yet . Need to get there.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

The problem is Royal has been using all dining rooms for early dining at either 5:15 or 5:30.   Then 2 of the dining rooms go over to late dining at around 8, I think, while the third dining room goes to MTD.  If those in that first seating are lingering the tables are not ready for the MTD reservations.  We had 7:00 reservations for Bella 1 on Oasis. By 6:45 there was usually 50+ people in line.  We did mention the line to the head waiter when he came through the dining room and he gave us his card.  Told us if there was a line go up to the desk and have them call him.  We did go up to the desk and showed his card and got right in.  100% agree everyone can't do that and felt guilty doing it but what we encountered was not what we have had in the past.  Currently do have MTD for Bella 2 but seriously considering changing, definitely would if early was 6.  Watching reports to see if it gets any better.  Sad it's just another thing they have messed up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, NHProud said:

It is a pity Adventure is still experiencing the same MTD problems that existed the first time we sailed with them 18 months ago. We had discussed our problems with Windjammer head waiter who made the mistake of asking how things were after we had abandoned the MTD line the first night we were on the ship and gone to the Windjammer instead. He forwarded our complaint and we had exactly the same scenario of being contacted by head waiter and dining services.

We were also offered “special attention” with the option to “skip the line” and the same table and staff for a standing reservation. We told them people shouldn’t need preferential treatment and they should just fix the system that had worked quite efficiently pre-Covid.

We had multiple sailings on the Adventure out of Galveston so obviously became familiar with the staff and didn’t experience many problems as the months went by.

18 months ago they were understandably understaffed and lacking in experience. It is difficult to understand how guests can still be dissatisfied 18 months later and are still being given “special attention” . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Next up Southern Belle with Buffalo Trace.

IMG_2789.thumb.jpeg.4a0738295781f2e9b7ef43c09bab329e.jpeg

IMG_2788.thumb.jpeg.53b45563005e9d031ae397449e932bc8.jpeg

IMG_2787.thumb.jpeg.a13a15ae83450d6bd1ec3986e337f3db.jpeg

The gang is still all here. 

And if it's anything like our Bella cruise, the gang will still be there for quite some time in the Schooner Bar this evening.  Enjoy!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

And if it's anything like our Bella cruise, the gang will still be there for quite some time in the Schooner Bar this evening.  Enjoy!!!!

You got that right Maryann!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

It is a pity Adventure is still experiencing the same MTD problems that existed the first time we sailed with them 18 months ago. We had discussed our problems with Windjammer head waiter who made the mistake of asking how things were after we had abandoned the MTD line the first night we were on the ship and gone to the Windjammer instead. He forwarded our complaint and we had exactly the same scenario of being contacted by head waiter and dining services.

We were also offered “special attention” with the option to “skip the line” and the same table and staff for a standing reservation. We told them people shouldn’t need preferential treatment and they should just fix the system that had worked quite efficiently pre-Covid.

We had multiple sailings on the Adventure out of Galveston so obviously became familiar with the staff and didn’t experience many problems as the months went by.

18 months ago they were understandably understaffed and lacking in experience. It is difficult to understand how guests can still be dissatisfied 18 months later and are still being given “special attention” . 

Food just not that great in the MDR to put up with those wait  times, just go to the Windjammer and be done with it I say. Some of the MDR mains are served in Windjammer anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

@Sea Dog

I know it is obvious you are a KC football fan. 
Well I recently spent time at a college football game with the parents of your backup quarterback ( Gabbert).  
His brother is/was a great quarterback for Miami of Ohio. 
Well he sustained a fractured tibia in Saturdays game. Out for season. 
Surgery in Cincinnati. 
Will need physical therapy. 

The parents are the nicest down to earth people you ever met. 

Congratulations on KC. Win. 

Have a fun safe cruise (((((hiccup)))))))

Sue. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Food just not that great in the MDR to put up with those wait  times, just go to the Windjammer and be done with it I say. Some of the MDR mains are served in Windjammer anyway.

I, personally, don’t want to eat at the buffet at night.  I want to sit at a table with a cloth, be handed a menu and be served my dinner…accompanied by a sommelier.  Fine for those who do.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I, personally, don’t want to eat at the buffet at night.  I want to sit at a table with a cloth, be handed a menu and be served my dinner…accompanied by a sommelier.  Fine for those who do.

On Royal Caribbean? ☺️ Not so much.

• Like 2