1. 1. How excited are you about Celebrity Cruises now sailing to Coco Cay

• Very excited
    • Somewhat excited
    • Neutral
    • Not very excited
    • Not excited at all
    • No opinion / Not aware

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Not my favorite private island. I mean, a cruise going there is not going to make me NOT book that cruise, but it won't be the reason for me TO book it.

Completely agree!  However, in sharp contrast I look forward to booking an MSC cruise that includes Ocean Cay, their PI. I just love it!  It’s every bit as understated and serene as one would expect an island in the Caribbean to be. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I live in South FL surrounded by beaches and I even have a pool at home. I'm a millennial and X was not really for me, I always considered them as boring ships with a senior population onboard. I went to my first x last year and I was impressed with service and food and im talking about ocean cafe food, nothing fancy. I went with family again and again and we noticed more young people and more activities that are not only the late slow dance at the plaza. We like X to the point that I'm a cruise away to be diamond plus in royal and we keep postponing it. The moment they announced coco cay I was like thats awesome.....Coco cay is more than a beach.

My wife sent me a picture of the beyond that was posted in IG, I think the CEO was there this week and I saw the entertainment staff doing some new dance in the pool and I noticed 9 kids in the background. I dont remember seeing so many kids at the pool when I sailed with X before. 

X is def attracting more young people to their ship with better itineraries. On the other hand thats whay X wants otherwise they have doen it lol. Lines at the buffette and exiting the elvator will be so fast in the near future. Or maybe they will do the " crazy quest" in 2026.

Edited by mcatmcat

I just booked a 4 night cruise to Key West. They had several itineraries that included Key West such as Coco Cay Nassau and Bimini. We chose the one that was going to Bimini since we have never been there. For us Coco Cay isn't a destination port of call. I think it's great for Royal Caribbean passengers as more families travel on that line.

We thoroughly enjoy the CocoCay Beach club, for its intimate, quiet, upscale beach resort feel, and excellent food.  We book it when we are sailing RCI, on a 7 night or longer cruise, and the line sails there. 

That said, we wouldn’t book a Celebrity cruise just to go there. 🙂  If we happen to sail there on a Celebrity cruise, and the price is comparable with RCI sale prices for the Beach Club, we would book it. 

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1

I have no "excitement" for CocoCay except as it might be interesting, and as a "swap" for the Bahamas regular stop, it might be better.  

I will and have, if possible, book around any cruise including a "private" island experience.  If I have two choices - a 7 night 4 port cruise or a 7 night 3 ports/1 private island cruise - I am choosing the 4 port option.  The exception would be if the trade is the Bahamas (Nassau/Paradise Island).  

This is your third poll in as many days. Did you just learn how to use this feature? 

This latest one needs another option "I've never been, but will draw possibly erroneous conclusions and pass judgement anyway".

As I have mentioned before, one walks past the entrance to the water park at the end of the pier,  but would hardly notice it unless looking for it. It is all landscaped , and is not obtrusive or even visible on the rest of the island. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

This is your third poll in as many days. Did you just learn how to use this feature? 

This latest one needs another option "I've never been, but will draw possibly erroneous conclusions and pass judgement anyway".

As I have mentioned before, one walks past the entrance to the water park at the end of the pier,  but would hardly notice it unless looking for it. It is all landscaped , and is not obtrusive or even visible on the rest of the island. 

Post of the thread..especially the other option comment.  Well done. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

We thoroughly enjoy the CocoCay Beach club, for its intimate, quiet, upscale beach resort feel, and excellent food.  We book it when we are sailing RCI, on a 7 night or longer cruise, and the line sails there. 

That said, we wouldn’t book a Celebrity cruise just to go there. 🙂  If we happen to sail there on a Celebrity cruise, and the price is comparable with RCI sale prices for the Beach Club, we would book it. 

I agree with all of this, the beach Club is nice..

• Like 1

If "X" was the only ship there I would enjoy the beach day.  A poster on the current President's cruise on Beyond posted they were in Coco Cay along with an Oasis class RCL ship.  They lasted 20 minutes on the beach and returned to the 'sanctuary' of the Beyond.  ~9000 people in port?  No thanks!

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with polls, of course.  CC is all about reading what other people think, if that sort of thing matters to you. 

I simply found it notable that the OP had started numerous polls in a short period of time, and all about previously discussed topics.

Maybe OP just likes numbers, or is researching for some project or another. 

• Like 1

When it comes to the Caribbean, we have been so many times that the destinations are pretty irrelevant. Most places have a good beach; if not, we might just stay on the ship & enjoy a nearly empty ship. 

Therefore the ship is much more important in the Caribbean than other destinations where the itinerary is the draw.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2