re meat pies

15 hours ago, NSWP said:

In the bad old days, i worked through them 1967 to 2003. Glad I am out Marion. I could write a book on my experiences.

Now I am not as mad or evil as I appear on here, ask those who have met me. I am normally sane. I am a survivor, thus far.

After watching the TV special  about the Ghost Train fire I'm not surprised. I imagine you could write volumes.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

After watching the TV special  about the Ghost Train fire I'm not surprised. I imagine you could write volumes.

Excellent series👍Well researched, I wish we had more investigative programs like this. If you haven't already I recommend the first season of Exposed, that was also very good. 

Now I would like a Queenslander to explain to me why the Brisbane show is called the 'EKKA' what a strange name.

Yes I have Qld Relos, I could ask them, but I doubt they know, but they were blow ins 30 yrs ago from NSW - The Premier State.😆

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Now I would like a Queenslander to explain to me why the Brisbane show is called the 'EKKA' what a strange name.

Yes I have Qld Relos, I could ask them, but I doubt they know, but they were blow ins 30 yrs ago from NSW - The Premier State.😆

Not a Banana Bender, but dad was. It was originally called the Brisbane Exhibition, shortened to Ekka

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Not a Banana Bender, but dad was. It was originally called the Brisbane Exhibition, shortened to Ekka

Cheers mate, don't know how they got Ekka out of that, Brisbane jibberish.🤣

Edited by NSWP

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Yes, Ekka.  I only use "show" for other states, being bilingual.  

A beer in Qld is a 'Pot' is it not? like Vic.  Although many Queenslanders now drink the big ones, schooners and pints, like NSW.

Just now, NSWP said:

A beer in Qld is a 'Pot' is it not? like Vic.  Although many Queenslanders now drink the big ones, schooners and pints, like NSW.

Wrong person to ask about beer.  Guess you already know what a port is?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

56 minutes ago, NSWP said:

A Tawny? A suitcase? 

38 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

yes a suitcase, or school port, etc.  Short for portmanteau

Hence the old saying, "Any Port in a Storm", because any decent school case had a raincoat put in it by Mum. 😁

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Vegan sausages are a real puzzle, makes you wonder what is really in them.

I could never eat a vegan sausage. I have an aversion to eating humans, in particular ones who don't consume meat 😮

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I could never eat a vegan sausage. I have an aversion to eating humans, in particular ones who don't consume meat 😮

In the Marquesas they use to put their dogs on a vegan diet because it apparently made the meat taste sweet😉. If you think about we only eat vegan animals so vegan humans might not be so bad😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Isn’t that where those old cruise ships, that used to sail around the oceans, used to stop so that passengers could spend their money. 🤔. Ah , those were  the days 🥲🥲

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Isn’t that where those old cruise ships, that used to sail around the oceans, used to stop so that passengers could spend their money. 🤔. Ah , those were  the days 🥲🥲

yes, sad isn't it?  I'm one of those people who are up on deck watching the pilot get on and my ship come in to every port and up on deck watching sailaway.  

47 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Hence the old saying, "Any Port in a Storm", because any decent school case had a raincoat put in it by Mum. 😁

I can tell you are not a Queensland with school case, in lieu of school port, but you are spot on with raincoats.  Kids hated them because they were so hot. 

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I had to look it up. Another name for neeps and tatties from what I found, or do you add other stuff to it?

I like to use a potato, parsnip and swede mash on top of shepherds pies. I've learnt to cook the swede separately as it usually takes a lot longer to cook. Then I blitz it with my stick blended before adding it to the mashed potato and parsnip.

Sounds good.  The thread has been so active this morning, I lost your reply.  turnips and potatoes  or mashed parsnips and carrots or carrots and turnips

• Like 1

For those so inclined, I got two packs of these on special, normally $3.50 a pack, two for $5.  The more you eat the more you save.  They are quite good, I spilt one and toasted it, lubbly jubbly.

shopping.png

• Like 1