re meat pies

On 3/28/2021 at 3:30 PM, MMDown Under said:

No they are cocktail frankfurters, what you call little boys.  

On 3/28/2021 at 3:44 PM, possum52 said:

Where are cocktail franks called cheerios?  Is it a brand?

I have never come across little boys or cocktail frankfurts being called cheerios?? Western Sydney boy here 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I have never come across little boys or cocktail frankfurts being called cheerios?? Western Sydney boy here 

Little boys or cocktail franks in Victoria.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

In Darling Harbour Food Court? Went there with my son a couple of months ago, reasonable prices and good tucker, the nachos were huuuge!

Oh no this is out West😆, though they are a franchise so maybe there is a store in that area. They use to have a self serve bar of garnishes. I use to pile the jalapenos but since Covid you now have to ask for it and they give you a little container😕

Coming in a bit late on the Bacon but SWMBO and I are Bacon addicts. Every Wed Breakfast and every second Sunday B'fast is Bacon and eggs with Hash Browns. Every Saturday B'fast is McFlannerys, which is Bacon & eggs with Tomato Sauce on an English Muffin, 2 each of course. Burp! And my Doc can't figure out why I can't lose weight. 🙂

Edited by Russell21

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

The foods I've been missing!  Reminds me of my grandmother telling me she used to enjoy eating bread and dripping.  I tried dripping and it was vile.  ? An acquired taste or maybe different dripping. 

Oh yeah, ate that as a kid too.  I liked the meat jelly part under the fat, but ate the lot, a breakfast delicacy on toast. On my trips to England, I noted some of my relos were still eating such healthy food, lol.

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

Coming in a bit late on the Bacon but SWMBO and I are Bacon addicts. Every Wed Breakfast and every second Sunday B'fast is Bacon and eggs with Hash Browns. Every Saturday B'fast is McFlannerys, which is Bacon & eggs with Tomato Sauce on an English Muffin, 2 each of course. Burp! And my Doc can't figure out why I can't lose weight. 🙂

Ha ha  I always eat a hot breakfast, but couldn't tell you what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Ha ha  I always eat a hot breakfast, but couldn't tell you what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow.  

Egg whites on gluten free, salt free, sugar free toast? I sort of alternate between cooked brekkie and continental. That is what I miss by not being on the ships or travelling the UK, the full english brekkie...

666895019_th(2).jpg.bb045c956f6ab27f86077b610c21451e.jpg

Edited by NSWP

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Egg whites on gluten free, salt free, sugar free toast? I sort of alternate between cooked brekkie and continental. That is what I miss by not being on the ships or travelling the UK, the full english brekkie...

666895019_th(2).jpg.bb045c956f6ab27f86077b610c21451e.jpg

Is the filler is sausages a challenge for you? I know a use some bread crumb stuff, or sawdust.

4 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Is the filler is sausages a challenge for you? I know a use some bread crumb stuff, or sawdust.

Not in oz at butchers, supermarkets, most snags are gf, overseas i have to enquire. On the ships been ok with the breakfast snags also in hotels here. Thanks for your concerns. I love sausages, all types, but I am aware of the dodgy fillings, i ask and/0r read the  labels.

My son calls me mr gluten, it hit me in 2010. Difficult on road trips, no pies or sambos.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Chip butty lunch today with a drizzle of dead horse, peri peri and mayo.

IMG_20210330_122308990.jpg

Looks good but i could not mix the peri peri, tom sauce and mayo. Sauce only for moi on that.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Looks good but i could not mix the peri peri, tom sauce and mayo. Sauce only for moi on that.

I like lots of butter on the bread so it melts onto the chips, but no sauce or anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Go on try a food adventure, you only live once.

I am a foodie.  Part of the enjoyment of food is how it is presented.  However, I could pick chips off bread and eat them one by one.  Reminds me of my youth when I used to separate all my food on my plate.  

17 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Sawdust...........Our local butcher makes sausages with one half meat and the other half sawdust.........he says in these difficult times it is hard to make “ both ends meet “😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Sawdust...........Our local butcher makes sausages with one half meat and the other half sawdust.........he says in these difficult times it is hard to make “ both ends meet “😁

Don't you mean both ends meat?

Edited by lyndarra

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I am a foodie.  Part of the enjoyment of food is how it is presented.  However, I could pick chips off bread and eat them one by one.  Reminds me of my youth when I used to separate all my food on my plate.  

I consider myself a foodie too but have learnt that not all delicious food needs fancy presentation. Sometimes simple is best and there isn't anything simpler than chips encased in buttery bread. Of course it depends on the chips, you need the fluffiest, crispiest chips you can get and they must be piping hot. So if you have a source of excellent chips then do try it - close your eyes if you have to. 😁 

36 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I consider myself a foodie too but have learnt that not all delicious food needs fancy presentation. Sometimes simple is best and there isn't anything simpler than chips encased in buttery bread. Of course it depends on the chips, you need the fluffiest, crispiest chips you can get and they must be piping hot. So if you have a source of excellent chips then do try it - close your eyes if you have to. 😁 

Ha Ha  I'm not a food snob.  I love nothing better than eating fresh bread soaked in soup or stew remains.  I'll try it next time I make my own chips, as most chips from fish and chip shops aren't of the standard you mentioned (except a shop at Burleigh Heads and Frankston, Tas).

11 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Ha Ha  I'm not a food snob.  I love nothing better than eating fresh bread soaked in soup or stew remains.  I'll try it next time I make my own chips, as most chips from fish and chip shops aren't of the standard you mentioned (except a shop at Burleigh Heads and Frankston, Tas).

You could try a crisps butty. That is a sandwich using packet chips. We use to make them at school when we would have a sandwich and one of those small chip packets, you would put the chips inside the sandwich giving you the cruchiest sandwich😁