re meat pies

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

For those so inclined, I got two packs of these on special, normally $3.50 a pack, two for $5.  The more you eat the more you save.  They are quite good, I spilt one and toasted it, lubbly jubbly.

shopping.png

I saw those on Thursday Les, at our local Woolies. Thought of you and thought you would be on to it.

Leigh

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I saw those on Thursday Les, at our local Woolies. Thought of you and thought you would be on to it.

Leigh

Cheers, I might duck back to Woollies this arvo, buy half a dozen packs and freeze them, they will last me a couple of months.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Cheers, I might duck back to Woollies this arvo, buy half a dozen packs and freeze them, they will last me a couple of months.

You can probably get them for cheaper now. Post Easter they are usually trying to get rid of all their Easter gear. I get all my Easter eggs half price😜

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

That's a decent looking Dog's eye Mr. Gut and I see you applied the dead 'orse sparingly. 😉

Indeed, need about 3 sachets of orse on that pie, lot of surface to cover.

44 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah they only gave us one, between us. Mrs Gut had a Spinach and Feta roll.

I'm always surprised when shops are stingy with tomato sauce sachets, as well as soy and wasabi.  A local shop charges 10c for small wasabi sachet.

39 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Normally I’dhave had much more.

Well being that is only half a pack, it just seems maybe cheap on the vendor's part. I thought there was about as much on the dog's eye in the photo to suit my Canadian taste.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I'm always surprised when shops are stingy with tomato sauce sachets, as well as soy and wasabi.  A local shop charges 10c for small wasabi sachet.

Interesting, they ask if we want ketchup here and if you say yes they just toss a bunch in the bag. We often ask for mayonnaise for our fries and most places toss those in too but some places charge. When we get sushi here most places have on package of soya sauce and a small dollop of wasabi and some pickled ginger. One place doesn't put wasabi and ginger in the package but will give you both if you ask. They do sell extra soya sauce though, I think it is $1.00 for 10 packs.

56 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Interesting, they ask if we want ketchup here and if you say yes they just toss a bunch in the bag. We often ask for mayonnaise for our fries and most places toss those in too but some places charge. When we get sushi here most places have on package of soya sauce and a small dollop of wasabi and some pickled ginger. One place doesn't put wasabi and ginger in the package but will give you both if you ask. They do sell extra soya sauce though, I think it is $1.00 for 10 packs.

Most shops do that here also.  Some you just help yourself.  

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well being that is only half a pack, it just seems maybe cheap on the vendor's part. I thought there was about as much on the dog's eye in the photo to suit my Canadian taste.

No that was one sachet, just for some reason they didn’t pop one in Mrs Gut’s bag

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Be prepared to pay 20c or even 50c for a small sachet of tomato sauce for your pie over here Lyle. Some bakeries are thieves, charging $6.50 for a dog's eye and 50c for orse.

Likewise fish and chip shops, most charge for the tartar sauce.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Be prepared to pay 20c or even 50c for a small sachet of tomato sauce for your pie over here Lyle. Some bakeries are thieves, charging $6.50 for a dog's eye and 50c for orse.

Salt or chicken salt (what is chicken salt?) free, tartar sauce always costs extra here.  However, it is usually in a little bucket, so you get to taste the tartar sauce.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Salt or chicken salt (what is chicken salt?) free, tartar sauce always costs extra here.  However, it is usually in a little bucket, so you get to taste the tartar sauce.

Chicken salt is salt with some flavouring, supposed to enhance the fried food, to taste like chicken, not to me. I am not fond of it.

Tartar sauce might be in a little tub in a restaurant, but takeaway or in club bistros mostly in little sachets, masterfoods, kraft, etc.

Edited by NSWP

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Chicken salt is salt with some flavouring, supposed to enhance the fried food, to taste like chicken, not to me. I am not fond of it.

Tartar sauce might be in a little tub in a restaurant, but takeaway or in club bistros mostly in little sachets, masterfoods, kraft, etc.

Some takeaways have tartare in a tub, like everything some charge some don’t same as sauces some charge some don’t. If it’s in a sachet or squeeze they are almost certain to charge.

At the entire Royal I could only fink Coke or sugar free Coke, no diet, no vanilla, just the two types, and at $5.80 (think that was right) did without. On the way home the car park had diet, vanilla, caffeine free who knows what else for $4.

6 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

At the entire Royal I could only fink Coke or sugar free Coke, no diet, no vanilla, just the two types, and at $5.80 (think that was right) did without. On the way home the car park had diet, vanilla, caffeine free who knows what else for $4.

For what size.  I just treated myself classic coke 1,5 litre for $1.65 at IGA.

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

Good thing I'm not sold on dead 'orse for my dog's eye😉. In most fish and chip shops the ketchup and house made tartar sauce are on the table, for take away they will give you the sachets of ketchup and tartar sauce, if you want the house made tartar then they charge, our chippy has 3 different sizes at different prices.