re meat pies

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Nobody ever likes getting a dose of the pox, even if they look like a pox doctors clerk.

One reason why I do not dress up in Batemans Bay, one would get locked up for looking like a Pox Doctors Clerk, lol. 

safari-suit-1970s-fashion-GettyImages-506173899_770-720x379.jpg.9b57ab1a0407952252c3a55a51db5af4.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

One reason why I do not dress up in Batemans Bay, one would get locked up for looking like a Pox Doctors Clerk, lol. 

safari-suit-1970s-fashion-GettyImages-506173899_770-720x379.jpg.9b57ab1a0407952252c3a55a51db5af4.jpg

Do you mean to tell us, Les, that you do not possess a powder blue safari suit?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

A big commercial cheese cooperative in Victoria, Australia now has the Cracker Barrel label and makes several cheeses with different labels.

Indeed Les, and I have to assume that the "Cracker Barrel" cheese they make is the same familiar taste that it had under the previous owners. I also would hope that if the brand changed ownership again perhaps to a "foreign" ownership group, that the cheese would continue to taste the same and be made in Australia, by Australians with Australian Dairy.

• Like 2

Just went to Woolworths and amongst other delicacies and essentials, bought a couple of packs of these. Had them before reasonable GF dogs eye. I thaw in microwave then put them in air fryer on bake for about 7 minutes.694031.jpg.612810217bc7816f82a1cf0520a4246a.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Very dashing, Les.  Mario had one decades ago, made in HK while we were there.  The kids still snigger about it, lol.

When you consider some of the other fashions around that time the safari suit was one of the more sedate ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Safari suits could sometimes cause little problems.

When I was working for the health dept in the kimberlies (WA), A doctor  was asking about some communications difficulties he was having that we who wore shorts of trousers didn’t.

In his khaki Safari suit, the elders would want to sit down with him and discuss issues of law, where he want to talk about health and medicine.  We had t gently explain that he was wearing a very similar outfit to the police uniforms and suggested powder blue would be better.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

OMG....... I remember   

My Orange Jeans   

Burgundy Corduroy Jacket

Pasley Shirts

and Platform shoes

Thanks Heavens one has moved on

Don

Even I need a gin and tonic after that😂