re meat pies

33 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Or Claret and Blue Nun.

Chardonnay with chicken young Brian. Looked a good meal though. I like mushy peas. I buy the cans in Woolworths or Coles, AU$2.60. What is that in the Queens coin, 1 pound 50p?  Probably 50p in your Essex Tesco or Asda or Lidl.

th.jpg.3d76c36151ae2bbcf103b0c5f0191c5d.jpgpeas.jpg.77f730c0e95123c427c53533c672a8a1.jpg

Edited by NSWP

51 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Chardonnay with chicken young Brian. Looked a good meal though. I like mushy peas. I buy the cans in Woolworths or Coles, AU$2.60. What is that in the Queens coin, 1 pound 50p?  Probably 50p in your Essex Tesco or Asda or Lidl.

th.jpg.3d76c36151ae2bbcf103b0c5f0191c5d.jpgpeas.jpg.77f730c0e95123c427c53533c672a8a1.jpg

It's a rare chardonnay I like, but for chicken:  pinot grigio or sav blanc.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Yes, my wife buys those mushy peas at our local Woolworth

50 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

It's a rare chardonnay I like, but for chicken:  pinot grigio or sav blanc.

I am drinking the Banrock Station Chardy, Linda. Not too woody, do not like the wooded chardys. Or as Kath and Kim used to say...'Carddonay, lol. Bottled one for me.

🥂

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am drinking the Banrock Station Chardy, Linda. Not too woody, do not like the wooded chardys. Or as Kath and Kim used to say...'Carddonay, lol. Bottled one for me.

🥂

ABC for me.

Anything but Chardonnay.

Do not like wood splinters in my mouth.

But each to their own.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ekka49 said:

ABC for me.

Anything but Chardonnay.

Do not like wood splinters in my mouth.

But each to their own.

Oh dear, you won't like the Plus or Premier chardonnays on Princess. They are a bit too oaky in my opinion.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Oh dear, you won't like the Plus or Premier chardonnays on Princ,ess. They are a bit too oaky in my opinion.

I'm a Sav Blanc, Pinot Gris on white wines

Shiraz or Cab Merlot on Reds

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

I'm a Sav Blanc, Pinot Gris on white wines

Shiraz or Cab Merlot on Reds

The Plus Sauv Blanc is a Sauv Blanc / Semillon blend that is best descibed as a generic dry white. I can't drink most Sauv Blancs as what gives it that characteristic taste also gives me severe reflux but that one is so bland I could probably drink it. The Premier Sauv Blanc is Cloudy Bay - I believe in the ABCB of NZ wines, Anything But Cloudy Bay! 

There is a very nice Merlot on the Plus list, and it goes exceptionally well with the Princess Love Boat Dream dessert as well as red meats. The Pinot Noir is fairly boring and the other two reds are Cab Sauv blends so I can't drink them - I also react to most Cab Sauvs, headache material for me.

The Rosè is very nice. I drink that instead of the whites.

The variety of wines is disappointing. They promised 25 wines by the glass for Plus but there are only 9! 🤬

I like Rosè, dry Riesling, Pinot Grigio, Grüner Veltliner (my new fav), lightly oaked Chardonnays and a few of the lesser known Italian whites. For reds it's Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Nebbiolo, Barbera, and some lighter Shirazes.

We discovered a very interesting cellar door in Hahndorf last year - Landhaus Wines. They make their wines in the European style rather than classic Australian which really suits my tastes.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

Spot on Les,those are the badboys we've brought over, 2 for a quid in Morrisons.My Mrs is knocking up another pie and a shedload of curry for when our son and family come over for 2 weeks on Tuesday.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

🥂

We did a road trip with friends to SA a few years ago, Great Ocean Road and wine districts on way over, then returning via Mildura.  We stopped at Banrock Station for lunch and a tour.  Truly impressive estate in beautiful setting on Riverina wetlands.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brian1 said:

Spot on Les,those are the badboys we've brought over, 2 for a quid in Morrisons.My Mrs is knocking up another pie and a shedload of curry for when our son and family come over for 2 weeks on Tuesday.Cheers,Brian.

Just love a curry.

Had some great curries on the old Sea Princess on their Indian theme nights

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ekka49 said:

Just love a curry.

Had some great curries on the old Sea Princess on their Indian theme nights

Best curries I have had on the ships is on P and O UK. Some great Indian chefs on those vessels.

11 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Need to try P and O UK after you explained the difference, Les

Agree best curries were on British ships - P&O Chusan and Fred Olsen's Black Watch.  On the latter, they had an Indian Night where the variety of Indian food was superb.  Told me this is what the Indian/Asian staff eat!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 3:47 PM, NSWP said:

That stuff looks better coming out of the body than going in! 😉

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Agree best curries were on British ships - P&O Chusan and Fred Olsen's Black Watch.  On the latter, they had an Indian Night where the variety of Indian food was superb.  Told me this is what the Indian/Asian staff eat!

Curries are just about the national Food of the UK.  🥰

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Chicken tikka masala was invented in Scotland.  

There are a whole range of opinions of where chicken tikka masala was invented, the Scottish (Glasgow) just one of those.  Some opinions say it was invented by an Indian chef in London in the 1970s and perhaps based on a Punjabi dish.