Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

13 hours ago, ssymyroz said:

I'm sorry, but you seem pretty uptight.  I am just taking a wild guess that your room attendants won't mind that you changed your mind and booked elsewhere.  Sheesh.  A helluva lot of talk about foot stools

13 hours ago, ssymyroz said:

I'm sorry, but you seem pretty uptight.  I am just taking a wild guess that your room attendants won't mind that you changed your mind and booked elsewhere.  Sheesh.  A helluva lot of talk about foot stools

Thank you.  I appreciate your input and will try to become a better person. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Like a reply from someone that just cruises on the Equinox. Is there anything they do while in port such trivia?

What do they offer during the afternoon art sea. Not talking about the 10:30 AM trivia. We stay up very late and are late risers. We TRY to get breakfast before they close. We always do bingo if in the afternoon and the slot tournament. 

On 6/18/2019 at 6:47 AM, Cruise a holic said:

I think it has to do with attitude- so people are never satisfied and will always find fault- others look at the big picture- We are happy to be healthy and enjoy the cruise together- It is a special time for us and we love sailing.  

Enjoy your cruises folks!

That!

On 6/16/2019 at 3:35 PM, 4cats4me said:

OMG, that  would be the worst for me, even worse than not having a foot stool.  

Well, I just did in fact cancel my upcoming Oct cruise. My TA got back to me immediately, (yes, she seems to work ‘round the clock) and I booked another cruise on my other favorite cruise ship and line. 

I am not divorcing Celebrity, by any means.  I look forward to sailing with them in the future sometime.  

With your own foot stool of course. LOL!😉😁

Edited by Arzeena
  • Haha 1

Everyone enjoys diff things  about cruising...

Balcony is important to some, not to others...

Dining is important to most but tastes differ

Some enjoy shows and music...some play cards and do trivia

Some like to gamble, some shop.....some enjoy movies at sea

We enjoy the pools,  spa and Solarium...

Glad we have some choices left...but  we will miss the footsools  on the balcony, dining  height table for room service and snacks , sofas in cabins..

We will creatively improvise !

• Like 4

For all of you who are upset about the footstools, I would imagine that there are portable/foldable versions out there that you could bring with you in your luggage, or if you are on the balcony alone, use the other chair as a footstool.

It really does bewilder me that footstools are such a hot button topic.  Of all the things to worry about on a cruise, but hey I guess folks can prioritize whatever they want.

Dan

3 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

For all of you who are upset about the footstools, I would imagine that there are portable/foldable versions out there that you could bring with you in your luggage, or if you are on the balcony alone, use the other chair as a footstool.

It really does bewilder me that footstools are such a hot button topic.  Of all the things to worry about on a cruise, but hey I guess folks can prioritize whatever they want.

Dan

Guess you don't have a bum left knee.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Guess you don't have a bum left knee.

Funny you say that, but I injured my left knee in college and it's never healed completely.  Still flares up with the weather or with overuse during exercise.

I would suggest bringing your own if it's that critical.

Folding Step, Plastic, 700 lb. Ld Cap.13607.jpg

Edited by The Fun Researcher

14 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Dan

A footstool was a perk or feature of booking a certain class of balcony cabin (concierge & aqua, I believe), and now that was taken away.  That is what is upsetting to me, at least, and probably others.

Yes, I will miss the footstool and Yes, I will make do and improvise, but there is absolutely no way I will bring my own.  I try to minimize what I pack, especially on long cruises to Europe, etc.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ecslady said:

A footstool was a perk or feature of booking a certain class of balcony cabin (concierge & aqua, I believe), and now that was taken away.  That is what is upsetting to me, at least, and probably others.

Yes, I will miss the footstool and Yes, I will make do and improvise, but there is absolutely no way I will bring my own.  I try to minimize what I pack, especially on long cruises to Europe, etc.

Makes sense.  The other thread complaining about this issue has a link and a photo of an blow up foot stool.  Looks like it wouldn't take up much room at all when travelling, but as a very light packer myself, I get it.

Dan

7 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Funny you say that, but I injured my left knee in college and it's never healed completely.  Still flares up with the weather or with overuse during exercise.

I would suggest bringing your own if it's that critical.

Folding Step, Plastic, 700 lb. Ld Cap.13607.jpg

The foot stools in the cabins were almost chair seat height.  The footstools you have pictured on the left at least, is not as high or has a large enough surface, as I have a couple at home.  I wouldn't use it at home for a footstool.  The best use I have found for them is when my grandson comes over and needs a boost to wash his hands in the sink.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Makes sense.  The other thread complaining about this issue has a link and a photo of an blow up foot stool.  Looks like it wouldn't take up much room at all when travelling, but as a very light packer myself, I get it.

Dan

You seem to be missing the point completely. Pax are paying extra for the perk of a footstool in those particular cabins. Why bother paying extra if the amenity isn’t being provided - they may as well go for a cheaper cabin? If you are paying for an advertised amenity in that class of cabin, then it should be provided.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Dan

We could head over to the kitchen and borrow a couple of milk cartons.  Then I saw that there are inflatable foot rests with two in a package.  Was about $14.

Edited by keesar
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Everyone enjoys diff things  about cruising...

Balcony is important to some, not to others...

Dining is important to most but tastes differ

Some enjoy shows and music...some play cards and do trivia

Some like to gamble, some shop.....some enjoy movies at sea

We enjoy the pools,  spa and Solarium...

Glad we have some choices left...but  we will miss the footsools  on the balcony, dining  height table for room service and snacks , sofas in cabins..

We will creatively improvise !

Well said...to each his own.  Just like I will book Aqua for access to Blu.

8 minutes ago, villauk said:

You seem to be missing the point completely. Pax are paying extra for the perk of a footstool in those particular cabins. Why bother paying extra if the amenity isn’t being provided - they may as well go for a cheaper cabin? If you are paying for an advertised amenity in that class of cabin, then it should be provided.

Where does Celebrity advertise footstools in Aqua Class?  I was just looking at the Celebrity website and couldn't find any mention of footstools.  Are you saying that this used to be advertised but no longer is?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villauk said:

I think it's funny that this footstool is considered a perk.  I booked concierge class and I had no idea it was included. lol   Still, it would not have discouraged me from booking.  I prefer to go out and about for breakfast or any meal.  I rarely if ever stay in my tiny cabin. ;)

I understand the frustration and the situation.  I'm just trying to help with a possible solution to hot having a footstool, albeit a rather clunky one, if a footstool is somehow an absolute must.

Dan

Strangely enough, at the June 1st cruise cruise critics party, I brought to the up to the Hotel Director and Marketing and Sales person that the lack of foot stools in my opinion was going to create a fire storm , they were genuinely surprised by my comments. 

Someone commented that on the following week’s cruise the Hotel Director stated that they forgot to order them, that was not my impression.