Coke freestyle machines

antsp

Burried in the terms and conditions of the the new drink packages, Princess announced coke freestyle machines coming soon. Can princess dumb down anymore 

Edited by antsp

I would prefer this because many times when I order a diet coke I get a regular coke. Self serve assures i don't get sugar. However at the price of a coke package I'll pass and bring my own on board. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, antsp said:

Burried in the terms and conditions of the the new drink packages, Princess announced coke freestyle machines coming soon. Can princess dumb down anymore 

I think this is a very thin excuse to criticize Princess. How is this "dumbing down" ? I enjoy using the freestyle machines, both on Royal Caribbean and in various fast food venues.  The freestyle machines offer a greater variety of drinks. I see this possibility as a plus for Princess.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, antsp said:

Why is that " dumbing down"?  Especially since many have asked for it and it would provide more income to the company. As you walk by one, decide you want a drink, swipe your card, get your drink and continue on. Not so dumb.

Please define dumb down in your posting.

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, antsp said:

Exactly, You are comparing Princess to a fast food restaurant 

No I didn't. I am saying the machines provide a variety of options and are more convenient than having to wait in line for a bartender who gets upset over having to serve a soda many times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The coke machine would be good for me if the price is right.  If it has caffeine free diet coke.  Our local supermarket has caffeine diet cherry coke in their machine.  It is the only place in town that I know of that has it.  So, I get a glass of it to drink while I shop.

As the price is now it is to much money for me.  Because I only drink the diet soda, and only maybe 4 glasses per day.  So, not worth it to me (I get the free mini bar and I change all the water and other sodas into diet coke).  I would not use the other choices of juice, smoothies etc.  I don't want that much sugar.

Edited by geocruiser

We sailed on Royal Caribbean with the Freestyle machines one time.  That particular cruise, they hardly ever had all the options available and there was quite a line.  If they maintain the machines so that the necessary ingredients are not out all the time, I do think it could be a good thing

I would not mind the new machines as it would lighten the load for the bar staff.  I am just curious how this works so that those with a package versus pax without would be served.  I can see a lot of sharing going on. 

1 hour ago, antsp said:

Exactly, You are comparing Princess to a fast food restaurant 

Foodwise - is there a difference?  Give me In-n-Out Burger or one of the higher end burger joints any day.  

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, antsp said:

It’s called moving on and keeping up with the competition. Fingers crossed many more changes are coming with both the Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess plus Royal Class 6 and the next generation ships.

46 minutes ago, Coral said:

So we are paying a tip on a service in which we will be getting our own drinks?

Unfortunately there were many times in the buffet that I had to get my own drink and or refill.  

I do have to say that on our last cruise on the Royal the staff were doing an excellent job staying on top

of people and getting their drinks. That was very refreshing.

3 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I would not mind the new machines as it would lighten the load for the bar staff.  I am just curious how this works so that those with a package versus pax without would be served.  I can see a lot of sharing going on. 

On Royal Caribbean you had to wait 15 minutes minimum between refills.

5 hours ago, Potstech said:

Why is that " dumbing down"?  Especially since many have asked for it and it would provide more income to the company. As you walk by one, decide you want a drink, swipe your card, get your drink and continue on. Not so dumb.

Please define dumb down in your posting.

Less service. Long waits at any of these machines because there are too many choices and peoplele cant decide. Not for it. 

Edited by oskidunker

5 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Less service. Long waits at any of these machines because there are too many choices and peoplele cant decide. Not for it. 

Never had a problem with waits or a crowd when I sailed Royal Caribbean a few years back. I will take the perceived less service than when bartenders roll their eyes when you order a soda with the soda package. You are basing an opinion on no evidence.

Edited by Doug R.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Doug R. said:

No I didn't. I am saying the machines provide a variety of options and are more convenient than having to wait in line for a bartender who gets upset over having to serve a soda many times.

Why should the bartender get upset over having to serve a soda?  That is his job.

24 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

then don't use it ... simple really ...

22 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

when bartenders roll their eyes when you order a soda with the soda package. 

I've never had a bartender demonstrate any unhappiness with me when I order a soda.  And I've done this countless times, because I always get the soda package and use it a lot.