The Error 500 gremlin is back...

21 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Please Let me know how things are from now going forward.  The team performed a possible fix.  Of course I’ll navigate around as well. 

Thanks 

Sorry, no improvement on my end. Lots of white screens on my IPhone in just a few minutes. 

Hi Jenn,

I am on a PC using Firefox and for the last couple weeks maybe, I have been intermittently getting the blank white page.  I know months ago I had quite a problem, this seems to be the same kind of thing happening again

Ever since CC started displaying that big blue ad to book cruises at the top of every page, I have received the "File not Found" error message.  If I go back one page and go forward and few times, it will load.   This just started when the ads started. 

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Sorry, no improvement on my end. Lots of white screens on my IPhone in just a few minutes. 

And now that I'm on my laptop, I am having constant Error 500 messages.  As bad if not worse than this morning.  

I tried not to post during the last 48 hours but it hasn't gone away this evening (Sunday here on EDT) - some pages load while others won't, thread 1 would refresh fine but  thread 2 will come up blank with HTTP 500 error.

Is it the AWS (Amazon cloud server "semi") related again ?  There were 2 or 3 posts about CC'er unable to log into Norwegian (NCL)'s online site, but mine seemed OK.  Others sites that I checked ... FB and IG (social media) sites experiencing problems as well, mine is fine - on Android Pie 9.0 platform and also Windows 10 Pro in both 32 bits and 64 bits OS using Chrome browser.

Going to fire up the Linux terminal to see whether Firefox combo getting the same random results/blank screen.   

3 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Please Let me know how things are from now going forward.  The team performed a possible fix.  Of course I’ll navigate around as well. 

Thanks 

I just came to this thread because I'm still having the issue.

I'm also getting this 500 error message on laptop and mobile.  To Kat who thinks we should all send emails, I disagree.  This is supposed to be a *help* forum.  Well.... we're here asking for help.   Cruise Critic benefits from the contribution of it's members.  Those members can't do anything if the website is unreachable.

4 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Thanks 

Yep, still having the 500 error.  A lot.  Like every third page I try to navigate to.  Sometimes using the back button will help.  Sometimes I have to click the back button multiple times to get to somewhere where I can then try to go forward again.

The problem is cumulative and appears to cluster around the weekend. Occasional errors Friday, more on Saturday, now it is pretty constant. This is not a new pattern and has been observed and reported previously.

It seems obvious to me that some action(s) taking place during office hours is preventing the issue. When that stops, the problem starts to build.

3 hours ago, broberts said:

The problem is cumulative and appears to cluster around the weekend. Occasional errors Friday, more on Saturday, now it is pretty constant. This is not a new pattern and has been observed and reported previously.

It seems obvious to me that some action(s) taking place during office hours is preventing the issue. When that stops, the problem starts to build.

I mentioned the same pattern a while ago as well. I’m not a big believer in coincidence.  I am not an IT expert, but I wonder whether traffic is so much heavier on the weekend that the server is overloaded or, as you say, whether something that is being done during weekdays is dealing with the problem then. In any event, the pattern seems clear. 

I had this really badly over the weekend but hoped it might be better this morning after the 'fix'.

Nope, still getting the Error 500 message this morning :classic_sad: Sometimes 'reload' works first time, sometimes it doesn't. 'Back page' isn't usually very successful either. I am using Chrome.

Ok, so in addition to all the Error 500 messages, there is a pop up message about the page being  unresponsive.  It is responsive, so the message is in error.  IT pops up, goes away, pops up, goes away.   If you don't move the page, it pops up, but if you are typing or scrolling, it doesn't.

Not sure about anyone else but it seems to me that the servers have returned from their weekend off - the site is working MUCH better this morning than it was this weekend (though still the occasional error).

And then it comes up on 3 page load attempts after I posted this message...

Edited by hallux

I don't want to jinx anything, but I was just able to check all my forums without a single error message.  No pop ups about unresponsive pages either and the Mark Forum Read also is working properly.  Is it my lucky day?

• Thanks 1