I had the ''hump'' cabin but the thing was....

dolittle

41 minutes ago, Pickels said:

On a prior cruise; We asked our butler if he would get us another chaise lounge, and he did; I'm sure if you ask, they will provide a second lounge.

You were very lucky as it is definitely frowned upon, if they give to one then every one want the same.  Be prepared as the answer will normally be NO unless you are talking of a suite grade not Hump slant or Hump cabin.

Edited by mickey89

23 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just got back from Equinox C2 on the slant.  It was a bed by the balcony room so the largest balcony.  There were 2 loungers and 2 chairs and 0 foot rests.

That's a lot of furniture...we've been in a C2 slant/hump cabin...one chair, one table, one chaise, 2 foot stools.  It's a long, rather than wide, balcony and it was a little crowded with the pieces I mentioned.  Now the footstools are gone on the Edgified ships, along with the larger table.  I'd like to know what pieces they'll have on the Silhouette in March...we'll be in #1124.  Will certainly miss the larger table for breakfast dining and the footstools for overall comfort.

Please explain to me why there are so many people who are concerned about privacy and not being seen when on your balcony. If I stand at the rail on any balcony (hump, aft, regular), I can look over or down to my neighbors balcony and, sometimes, several balconies beyond that. I am not nosy, but when I look around that is what I see. I view (pun intended) the balcony, at a minimum, a semi-public area. It is the same when I am sitting on my lanai at home. Neighbors can see me.

This a sincere, genuine question. I am not a troll trying to start a fight, so please don’t  go ugly with this. I just want to understand why this is so concerning to others. 

• Like 5

I'm  wondering if maybe Celebrity,  or cruising in general, are not a good vacation choice for this OP.

Recently s/he has complained about entertainment (ballet), cabins (the coveted hump location), and fellow passengers attitude.  

Those are the posts I can remember off hand.

Just seems sad to spend all that money and not like much of anything. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Straughn said:

Please explain to me why there are so many people who are concerned about privacy and not being seen when on your balcony. If I stand at the rail on any balcony (hump, aft, regular), I can look over or down to my neighbors balcony and, sometimes, several balconies beyond that. I am not nosy, but when I look around that is what I see. I view (pun intended) the balcony, at a minimum, a semi-public area. It is the same when I am sitting on my lanai at home. Neighbors can see me.

This a sincere, genuine question. I am not a troll trying to start a fight, so please don’t  go ugly with this. I just want to understand why this is so concerning to others. 

I for one, do not care if someone can see me on the balcony...if they look long enough, they just might get an eyeful. I never have the curtains closed when the Bride and I are in the room, in port or not. ..I guess it bothers some, but not us. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

1 hour ago, Straughn said:

Some of us simply enjoy being truly alone.  I understand that when I stand at the railing I will can see others and they can see me; however, I don't want to have that when seated and enjoying the view. I know many people love the "hump cabins," but I selected a regular balcony precisely because of the situation the OP described.  And, I made sure I was far enough away (I hope) that I won't feel like those on the slant balcony are "watching me."  When I sit in my yard at home no one can see me -- it's one of the reasons I chose my house -- single story homes on all sides and solid fencing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gimletgal said:

"Hump" cabins or cabins on the "slant off the hump" are not on the Constellation or any M-Class ship. Not sure where your cabin might be located.

They may not be the traditional hump cabins in the middle of the ship, but there are some angled bumps on "M" class ships.

13 hours ago, dolittle said:

Did not look and never crossed my mind it would be a hump. Those calling it a slant are right on .

I always look at the deck plans to see the cabin category and location before I book. Eliminates surprises or disappointments. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I always look at the deck plans to see the cabin category and location before I book. Eliminates surprises or disappointments. 

It never occurred to me that anyone would book a cabin  (other than a guarantee) without first checking the deck plans!

As for the balcony , I've never had any expectation of complete privacy when out on one, whether its on a ship or on a building. Of course you can see and be seen if you're at the railing. If you're that shy, stay further back, closer to the wall.

• Like 2

We had a slant on Equinox last year and loved it.  It was the most forward slant, so we could peek forward and see the bridge or look back and see the whole side of the ship which was awesome.  Privacy was not an issue and the huge balcony was great.  I would definitely seek one out again if one were available.

Paul

3 hours ago, mom says said:

It never occurred to me that anyone would book a cabin  (other than a guarantee) without first checking the deck plans!

As for the balcony , I've never had any expectation of complete privacy when out on one, whether its on a ship or on a building. Of course you can see and be seen if you're at the railing. If you're that shy, stay further back, closer to the wall.

I also find it hard to believe someone would blindly book a cruise without picking or knowing what cabin category or location. Then whining about it. I was fishing to see if the OP did book a guarantee stateroom.  I guess not as he never implied or expressed he booked a guarantee in any of his post. 

Edited by davekathy

On 9/3/2019 at 6:31 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

I'm  wondering if maybe Celebrity,  or cruising in general, are not a good vacation choice for this OP.

Recently s/he has complained about entertainment (ballet), cabins (the coveted hump location), and fellow passengers attitude.  

Those are the posts I can remember off hand.

Just seems sad to spend all that money and not like much of anything. 

I am a he ,I have not complained about any of these things (well maybe the ''been there done that'') . These are just things I noticed on my recent cruise ,of course I liked having a bigger balcony it was a little different than what I was used to. I do like to talk about entertainment (most on this site do not).I am glad they are trying something new with the shows I just do not think ballet is a good fit for most people . I am in fact very easy to please . Noticing or talking about something is not a complaint. 

On 9/4/2019 at 2:24 PM, summit011604 said:

We had a slant on Equinox last year and loved it.  It was the most forward slant, so we could peek forward and see the bridge or look back and see the whole side of the ship which was awesome.  Privacy was not an issue and the huge balcony was great.  I would definitely seek one out again if one were available.

Paul

I just felt kind of strange like I was spying on people.

On 9/3/2019 at 1:12 PM, gimletgal said:

Have you also noticed that they now classify some of the slant balconies as Concierge vs 1A??? Never did understand why there were no chaise lounges on them, what with all that space! The extra large balconies on the M-Class always had chaise lounges!

i. e.: 6143/6144/6135/6136

Yes, I have. We didn't have a concierge cabin, but the concierge called us before the cruise to ask if we had any special requests. 

On 9/4/2019 at 2:58 PM, davekathy said:

I also find it hard to believe someone would blindly book a cruise without picking or knowing what cabin category or location. Then whining about it. I was fishing to see if the OP did book a guarantee stateroom.  I guess not as he never implied or expressed he booked a guarantee in any of his post. 

After many cruises I have never looked up a cabin . It does not make that much difference to us. I was not ''whining'' it was just a little strange to be spying on people .I did have balcony guarantee that is all I knew or cared about. 

11 hours ago, dolittle said:

After many cruises I have never looked up a cabin . It does not make that much difference to us. I was not ''whining'' it was just a little strange to be spying on people .I did have balcony guarantee that is all I knew or cared about. 

After many cruises we still  book a specif cabin for location. We would never do a guarantee for some of the reasons you said. Personal preference. And don't forget you also said, (your words)  "Also the way it stuck out they could see you it was a little strange and you had less privacy". So based on your last not so good experience would you book another guarantee? 

Edited by davekathy