Website not displaying properly on Google chrome

I rebooted. Still would not work on Safari. I tried in-private browsing. CC worked fine, so I cleared cookies and history. It still would not work until I rebooted again. Now all is well except it is really slow. Maybe because it is a weekend morning and more are on site? Happy Leap Day to all!

7 hours ago, hcat said:

Struggled for 2 more days,, no idea about cookies or caches,,,..so if stop posting one day,  that's why...very wonky! Ok now but not reliable on Android

Google your device and "clear cookies" and you will find lots of info about how to do it. 

Can someine explain what happened on the Cruise Critic end of things to case the double print  overlay issue. Everything else works fine.  Did CC overload my  phone?

All suggestions and instructions do not match anything on my Samsung phone..Hate to pay the Geek squad to figure out my phone!  Tablet works okay.

18 minutes ago, hcat said:

Can someine explain what happened on the Cruise Critic end of things to case the double print  overlay issue. Everything else works fine.  Did CC overload my  phone?

All suggestions and instructions do not match anything on my Samsung phone..Hate to pay the Geek squad to figure out my phone!  Tablet works okay.

Oh  my..no idea  what I did but working on phone..hope i did not mess up other stuff on my phone!

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

Oh  my..no idea  what I did but working on phone..hope i did not mess up other stuff on my phone!

I had same issue on my Pc and Samsung phone and tablet. It wasn't a problem on your phone it was a CC problem on Chrome. Once I cleared cookies and cache on PC and rebooted it all worked again. IDK if that wasthat or just  coincidental with CC working to fix a known problem,  but all is good again. 

2 hours ago, journeyfan said:

I can no longer open Roll Calls with Windows 7.  I'm now having to use Google Chrome.  How can I get it to work with Windows 7?  If it means "clearing the cache," tell me how to do that.  

When you say windows 7 - what browser are you using in Windows 7?  Is it Internet Explorer - or Edge perhaps?

I'm finding that today, too.  It's like an overlay fixed over the boards. 

This is what the top of the page looks like on my pc with chrome:

enhance

And when I scroll down, the menu bar follows:

enhance

EM

Edited by Essiesmom

41 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I'm finding that today, too.  It's like an overlay fixed over the boards. 

This is what the top of the page looks like on my pc with chrome:

enhance

And when I scroll down, the menu bar follows:

enhance

EM

Yeah, I'm getting that, also.  It wasn't happening yesterday.

2 hours ago, RJ2002 said:

The cruisecritic logo, research tab, find a cruise tab, shore excursion tab and box for searches is fixed at the top of the boards area and won't go away.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the Windows 10 update last night.  I found that my Google page, and a couple of other forums I'm on also keep the banner at the top when scrolling down.  But the others aren't making it transparent, like an overlay.

4 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I'm wondering if it has to do with the Windows 10 update last night.  I found that my Google page, and a couple of other forums I'm on also keep the banner at the top when scrolling down.  But the others aren't making it transparent, like an overlay.

Thanks for this suggestion.  I checked and my desktop hadn't downloaded the update yet.  I manually downloaded and installed it, but still have the issue.  I suspect the CC gurus have spotted these postings and are looking into it.

20 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

It's not a Windows 10 issue.  I have the problem on my iPhone and iPad as well as on Chrome.   I just cleared my cache and cookies on Chrome, and that seems to have fixed the problem.   Now I need to do that on Safari on my mobile devices, which is a PITA, because there's no option there to just clear the stuff for the past hour.

Edited to add: I just cleared my browsing history in Safari on my iPhone, and that fixed the problem.   Now I have to go re-enter all my passwords on my regularly visited web sites. 

Edited by Turtles06

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

It's not a Windows 10 issue.  I have the problem on my iPhone and iPad as well as on Chrome.   I just cleared my cache and cookies on Chrome, and that seems to have fixed the problem.   Now I need to do that on Safari on my mobile devices, which is a PITA, because there's no option there to just clear the stuff for the past hour.

You shouldn't have to delete cookies, just the cache 🙂