⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

Oh what a Night - Frankie and the Dreamers

I finally got Laura to go to a headliner. Kind of a 4 Seasons cover group.

They were pretty good, definitely easy to sing along to.

As usual, we were up front thanks to Jay. That's a nice perk, we just didn't take advantage of it much.

Frankie and the Dreamers is fronted by Ryan Molloy. His claim to fame is being the original Frankie Valli in the 

West End for Jersey Boys. That must have been a while ago, because he's pretty long in the tooth.

One of the 'Dreamers' is actually his nephew.

Anyway, I took some crappy pictures with my cell phone, lighting was a *****.

Must have been something in Ryan's contract to have him as bright as God on Mt Sinai.

20200312_195450.thumb.jpg.33dd7eda5616f00f65f6e94489296194.jpg

Guy on the left is Ryan's nephew

They dance better than they sing

20200312_195939.thumb.jpg.47a5f958f85922dddf4c5098de846fec.jpg

20200312_200109.thumb.jpg.0aaee696d7db3a31ec32f3ba128a4fa4.jpg

More awesome dance moves

20200312_200210.thumb.jpg.d2da3df7dca497d23d3e65c6d8ae80c7.jpg

See what I mean about lighting

20200312_200322.thumb.jpg.e7ff4b3b6e0ca70a8dd1367d4d0333d6.jpg

Blue sharkskin is nice

20200312_202819.thumb.jpg.672bde3d5c2aad2b3f23594ce71f4e6c.jpg

And even more awesome moves

20200312_203348.thumb.jpg.748c1b520cf3d7b5ffa90c9240a10f3e.jpg

The first of many good nights

20200312_203730.thumb.jpg.b5696367c63c878f6c3f87e23b6a7667.jpg

Apparently the chunky dreamer once played Mr Mistofoles in CATS

I don't buy it. 

20200312_204244.thumb.jpg.e995a4e48ced612c5bd6f6c43212dfa6.jpg

Workin it.

20200312_204524.thumb.jpg.297a59d559b172b021a90e247e7ced20.jpg

And so ends the entertainment on our TA

I think we missed the Ice Show, a juggler, and a singer.

We also missed Quest, Love & Marriage, and whatever other corny shows put on by the activities staff.

It's my understanding that Crazy Quest was pretty good if you like that sort of frivolity.

• Like 3

I want to close tonight with a comment on the Folio you can see in your cruise history page.

@twangster mentioned it on FB recently

I was looking forward to seeing it as a log of what we did.

It's not very good for that in my opinion.

When you were on the ship you could see all the zero charges on the App, but you could not get a print out.

Imagine my surprise when I noticed there were 373 entries, 146 in Adagio Bar alone. Starbucks had 53

Now I think Adagio is the key in for Room Service, but no way we had that many entries. Seriously.

Luckily the chargeable accounting seems accurate. It just looks like something is up.

Once things settle down, I may pass this on to corporate.

image.png.e9c13d6562232dd1f85d3fe4300a4bd5.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Must have been something in Ryan's contract to have him as bright as God on Mt Sinai.

Stage lighting is always difficult.  From years of experience of shooting my daughter onstage for dance competitions, I found it helpful to dial back the exposure by 1/3 stop.  Keeps the god spotlight areas from being totally blown out.  I don't know if you can do that in the basic iPhone camera app, but you can with apps like Lightroom and ProCamera.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

So my husband travels to Orlando where company he works for is headquartered, usually likes to fly in day early to explore.  They told him he can transfer there anytime so we are the in beginning stages of possibly, maybe, kind of considering it but would have to be Cocoa Beach or somewhere close, guess it’s about an hour away.  No way would we live in Orlando, any suggestions besides Cocoa Beach for us to check out?  We are planning a trip early next year to do look around.

Really depends on how you define Orlando.  Do you mean Orlando proper and the Disney area. Or do you mean the greater Orlando area.  Winter Springs and Winter Park are different entities but some people might consider them as "Orlando".  The big thing about "Orlando" you need to take into account where the HQ is located and your tolerance in regards to commute time.   For example, I lived in Winter Springs and the building I worked in was in Maitland.  On a Saturday, I could drive to the office in about 20 minutes.  On a weekday it could be up to an hour (in stop and go traffic).  The issue was my apartment was on the other side of I4.  While I didn't need to get on I4, I was fighting with people who were heading to I4 for them to get to work.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Stage lighting is always difficult.  From years of experience of shooting my daughter onstage for dance competitions, I found it helpful to dial back the exposure by 1/3 stop.  Keeps the god spotlight areas from being totally blown out.  I don't know if you can do that in the basic iPhone camera app, but you can with apps like Lightroom and ProCamera.

Oh, I could fix the lead, but then the others dissapear. Often same problem with Victoria in CATS, since she's pure white. Luckily she's solo most of the time lights are on her.

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Oh what a Night - Frankie and the Dreamers

I finally got Laura to go to a headliner. Kind of a 4 Seasons cover group.

They were pretty good, definitely easy to sing along to.

As usual, we were up front thanks to Jay. That's a nice perk, we just didn't take advantage of it much.

Frankie and the Dreamers is fronted by Ryan Molloy. His claim to fame is being the original Frankie Valli in the 

West End for Jersey Boys. That must have been a while ago, because he's pretty long in the tooth.

One of the 'Dreamers' is actually his nephew.

Anyway, I took some crappy pictures with my cell phone, lighting was a *****.

Ryan certainly gets around! We had him on Jewel in Dubai at the end of Feb, we enjoyed the show too.

13 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

John (or anyone else who knows), how far is Viera from Port Canaveral ?  Any feedback on the Viera communities ?

Not John, but I can tell you it is about a half hour away.  Easy peasy up I-95 to 528...straight shot to the port. 

Vierra and Suntree are mainly retirement communities, lots of golf courses, and not on the beach.  Located on the "mainland" across the the river to the west from the island beach community.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

John (or anyone else who knows), how far is Viera from Port Canaveral ?  Any feedback on the Viera communities ?

It's about 20 minutes away. I go there for Total Wine. 😇

It seems nice, one of our neigbors moved there recently. The older areas are called Suntree. Lots of shopping opportunities and medical, including a VA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

It's about 20 minutes away. I go there for Total Wine. 😇

It seems nice, one of our neigbors moved there recently. The older areas are called Suntree. Lots of shopping opportunities and medical, including a VA

The one thing Bucky loves about going to the VA...an excuse for stock up at Total Wine.  😄 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mary&Jim said:

We've been in New Smyrna Beach full time since 2003 and we love it here.

Completely off topic question (why not?)...what are the man made looking things in the lagoon south of the causeway in New Smyrna Beach?  I've taken a screen shot from Google Maps and circled one of many of these areas in blue.  At first, I thought there might be some sort of house or dock there but upon zooming in, it just looks like sand.  Inquiring minds...

image.png

Edited by bobmacliberty

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

How far a drive is it from the Vienna/Suntree area to FLL/MIA ?

We live in Suntree. It is 166 miles to Terminal 18 in Port Everglades from our home. Takes about 2 Hours 35 minutes. Never sailed from Miami

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Completely off topic question (why not?)...what are the man made looking things in the lagoon south of the causeway in New Smyrna Beach?  I've taken a screen shot from Google Maps and circled one of many of these areas in blue.  At first, I thought there might be some sort of house or dock there but upon zooming in, it just looks like sand.  Inquiring minds...

image.png

Mosquito drainage ditches.

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, so I'll ask, where did tbe name "Smyma" come from? It doesn't sound very nice when you say it out loud.😉

Edit  The man who settled it (Turnbull) named it in honor of his wife's Greek heritage

Smyrna (/ˈsmɜːrnə/ SMUR-nə; Ancient Greek: Σμύρνη, romanized: Smýrnē, or Ancient Greek: Σμύρνα, romanized: Smýrna) was a Greek city located at a strategic point on the Aegean coast of Anatolia. Due to its advantageous port conditions, its ease of defense and its good inland connections, Smyrna rose to prominence.

Edited by molly361