How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Some of the staff  here in the hospital run some tape along the top of the mask attaching to their skin.

No fogging for them.

And just as a curiosity, the only people not wearing masks are the patients.

Hope your surgery was a success and you are recovering well.

Leigh

Yes Docker, hope you are going ok. 

I am driving out to Mudgee for a few days on Monday, no cruising or big travel happening, so mini road trips are my go at the moment.  Not been out Mudgee way for 30 years, although out Dubbo, Bathurst, Cowra recently.

th (2).jpg

Edited by NSWP

20 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Some of the staff  here in the hospital run some tape along the top of the mask attaching to their skin.

No fogging for them.

And just as a curiosity, the only people not wearing masks are the patients.

Good to see you are ok.  Hope all went well.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Yes Docker, hope you are going ok. 

I am driving out to Mudgee for a few days on Monday, no cruising or big travel happening, so mini road trips are my go at the moment.  Not been out Mudgee way for 30 years, although out Dubbo, Bathurst, Cowra recently.

th (2).jpg

Have a good car trip to Mudgee.  Enjoy all the wineries and food platters.  I used to enjoy our visits when one of our daughters worked at a property near Mudgee.  

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We cannot go to Mudgee, my wife is banned for life (something that happened while in high school).😛

Oh dear, did the Mudgee jungle juice get to them?  Banned from Mudgee for life, that is a harsh sentence.🍷👮‍♀️

Edited by NSWP

17 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Have a good car trip to Mudgee.  Enjoy all the wineries and food platters.  I used to enjoy our visits when one of our daughters worked at a property near Mudgee.  

Looking forward to the country mixed grills and 🍷again.🥩🇦🇺

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Oh dear, did the Mudgee jungle juice get to them?  Banned from Mudgee for life, that is a harsh sentence.🍷👮‍♀️

The whole school was banned after an incident on a school excursion. I don't know exactly what happened because apparently what happens in Mudgee stays in Mudgee .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

The whole school was banned after an incident on a school excursion. I don't know exactly what happened because apparently what happens in Mudgee stays in Mudgee .

It could be recorded in the local museum. I like museums.

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Plenty of rain down here on far south coast with the east coast low hanging around. 80mm since last night.  More on the way, supposed to clear up tomorrow.

Wow, that's a serious amount of rain. And they call the west coast of Canada the wet coast...I don't recall the last time we got that much rain in 24 hrs. Hope there are no washouts on your road trip.

13 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Wow, that's a serious amount of rain. And they call the west coast of Canada the wet coast...I don't recall the last time we got that much rain in 24 hrs. Hope there are no washouts on your road trip.

Queensland can get some serious rain. My brother lives on Russell Island in Moreton Bay (off Brisbane). They got 245mm in the 24 hours to 9am this morning. We are in Brisbane and only got 27mm.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Queensland can get some serious rain. My brother lives on Russell Island in Moreton Bay (off Brisbane). They got 245mm in the 24 hours to 9am this morning. We are in Brisbane and only got 27mm.

Yes, when rains in Qld, it rains cats and dogs.

Edited by NSWP

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Heavy rain on the Gold Coast, with lots of big puddles everywhere.  A little boy playing in a puddle put a smile on my face.  Lots of people walking in the sun in the afternoon.  Lovely to hear Sunday afternoon live entertainment in a cafe.  We sat outside and enjoyed the music.

Edited by MMDown Under
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

We ended up with flooding after the East Coast Low yesterday in Newcastle. It rained non-stop all day. 70mm in 2 hours.

Four people rescued from Newcastle flash flooding

Yep, it hissed down all day. The lake almost made into my front yard - again. My street is in a 1 in 100 flood zone. It's been flooded 3 times in last 30 years but only about once in the previous 50. The water, at the moment, is still lapping over a small sea wall about 4 metres from my front fence and a lot of weed has piled up (which will be good for the garden).

• Like 2

We have had steady rain but nothing really torrential, where as Wallsend is in flood again, as is out the back of Cessnock and even the road into Wangi was flooded, probably the third time I can recall it flooding in my life.

• Like 1

First fire then plague now floods. When you get these events does the water just swell the rivers over flood stage and run to the sea or does it help fill the lakes and replenish your aquifers. I know water conservation has been vital during what I understand is a very long drought in Australia. Be safe everyone.