How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Probably on the dole, so taxpayer funded botox jobs? 

Every time I see those lips on the media I immediately think female Chimp on heat. wonder what they would look like after the potential 5 years jail time, when they can't top up the Botox.

Edited by Russell21
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The mother of the two young women who broke quarantine angrily claimed they did nothing wrong and that they only went to Sydney. Maybe she doesn't know what they get up to.

Obviously not.  The daughter told her she was visiting her sister in Sydney.  Mother doesn't believe her daughter went to Melbourne.  She is about to receive a lot of shocks.

Well I'm pretty sure these 2 aren't the only ones who have made bad decisions. They have however been identified and have been justly vilified. I'm thinking life as they knew it is over. I have heard some unfortunate slags over their ethnic background, we all have to remember inconsiderate nobs come in all colours.

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

Well I'm pretty sure these 2 aren't the only ones who have made bad decisions. They have however been identified and have been justly vilified. I'm thinking life as they knew it is over. I have heard some unfortunate slags over their ethnic background, we all have to remember inconsiderate nobs come in all colours.

Someone must love the girls.

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Someone must love the girls.

Someone must. Their actions are certainly reprehensible perhaps even criminal, that's for the courts to decide. Meanwhile the crap storm of publicity will surely put a cramp in their lifestyle. It really isn't a crime to be stupid (unfortunately)

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Someone must. Their actions are certainly reprehensible perhaps even criminal, that's for the courts to decide. Meanwhile the crap storm of publicity will surely put a cramp in their lifestyle. It really isn't a crime to be stupid (unfortunately)

... but it is a 'crime' to deliberately flout the rules, then fill our false declarations regarding their personal details and where they travelled. They can't use the excuse of 'stupidity'.

• Like 1

Those girls have a lot to answer for!  Tasmania has now banned people from hotspots in South East Queensland where the girls visited, whilst NT has banned people from Brisbane, Ipswich and Logan.  After midnight, anyone arriving in NT from these hotspots will have to quarantine at their own expense.  

The only cases in NZ  lately have come in from overseas guests or citizens returning home .We seem to have the virus under control , but must not become complacent in case of a new outbreak ,as has happened overseas in some countries.

Here’s an update as of 1st August

A6DF561B-AF75-41A0-9E23-5A2BC418B969.thumb.jpeg.0027fe2fa8ed529606a887f3abfd0dc8.jpeg

• Like 1

We did what we had to do at the outset. The ramifications of that are still to be fully revealed. Whilst Covid 19 is under control the economy is anything but. Wage support comes off in a month and huge layoffs and redundancies are anticipated then

16 minutes ago, Beanb41 said:

We did what we had to do at the outset. The ramifications of that are still to be fully revealed. Whilst Covid 19 is under control the economy is anything but. Wage support comes off in a month and huge layoffs and redundancies are anticipated then

You can revive the economy ,

you can’t revive the dead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

We will see what the ramifications of the economy downturn are. Dont underestimate the worst outcome. It could be greater than Covid.

1 hour ago, Beanb41 said:

We will see what the ramifications of the economy downturn are. Dont underestimate the worst outcome. It could be greater than Covid.

I know one ramification, negative CPI, so no CPI rise on my State Super Pension, first time in 17 years.🥵

Edited by NSWP

Just now, Docker123 said:

Life can be strange in the time of virus. 

I had to have a COVID test to be admitted to hospital. 

This evening I have been told I will have to have one to be discharged. 
😷😷😷😷😷🤧🤕🤕

There should be more testing, but I guess they need to prioritise it.

12 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Life can be strange in the time of virus. 

I had to have a COVID test to be admitted to hospital. 

This evening I have been told I will have to have one to be discharged. 
😷😷😷😷😷🤧🤕🤕

Are you about to be discharged?  Better you will have a test on the way out, when it is all over, rather than on the way in.

Thinking of everyone in Victoria, as restrictions tighten.  The lockdown from 8 pm to 5 am will suit early birds better than night owls.  Hope your efforts are rewarded like in NZ with elimination of the virus.  

On 7/31/2020 at 2:07 PM, Blackduck59 said:

I am not racist - but I am lippist!!!

16 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I find that most people who have this attitude have a comfortable income of some sort and a roof over their head!!!!!!  One life saved is not necessarily worth1000 lives ruined!!!!!

1 minute ago, bazzaw said:

I find that most people who have this attitude have a comfortable income of some sort and a roof over their head!!!!!!  One life saved is not necessarily worth1000 lives ruined!!!!!

Unfortunately, it is not just one life.  Without people, the economy is just a measure.

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Unfortunately, it is not just one life.  Without people, the economy is just a measure.

The death rate from this virus is quite low - it is not zero% however and never will be. 6 people have died from the virus in Qld this year - while 140 people have been killed on Qld roads in the same time . Don't know how many have died from cancer and metabolic disease (mainly caused by obesity/lack of physical activity).  This virus is the least of my worries - at age 73.