Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Such nice gestures on your part. It is not something to be taken for granted.

On a much brighter side, if Ruth was cruising at 90, I might have time.... there is hope 😉

We were very close to Ruth and she enjoyed sharing our large balcony cabins.

She went downhill with her Dementia otherwise she would have been with us for more cruises.

Her wheelchair was handy to hang all the bags of shopping on they bought in ports.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

How does Lucy get into the barn to sleep and eat, if, let's say, she has a "late night out" ?

Does she have a "special entrance"?

The barn where she was in the bales was what we call the big barn.  It is 60’X245’. She can only get in when the door is open or we let her in. Sometimes she sneaks in and we have to call here out like I did today.  Sometimes she refuses to come out and stays in there overnight. The next morning she very willingly comes out.  In fact she will meet us at the man door. The blue arrow is about high up she was in the big barn.  She was around 40’ up while on the trusses.

The red arrow is where she gets into her own barn. The window is slid part way open and we have an aluminum piece leavening a 6” square opening all year. Her food is right inside along with her heated water dish. Inside the barn she also had a bed of cedar shavings. Only she can access the front barn.

There is also 40’X120’ coverall with straw in it to where she can relax if she chooses.  She certainly has options here, on top of sleeping at the neighbours.  

In fact we have even seen her sleeping on have bales in the summer at night. We woke her to bring the bale in for wrapping at about 1am. She wasn’t as happy with us that night. 

615A5CDC-574E-4E03-A8CB-D1158E156CF3.thumb.jpeg.31f167b1f8b60a9ca0f2ddabf89f78ef.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How does he do this?  

Lots of practice is my thought.  Now, if I had to guess perhaps pressure applied hard to the brake while at the same time giving gentle throttle and staying as balanced as possible. Just my guess. 

Pretty amazing. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Anyone I know who has had Moderna seems to have more reaction than those with Pfizer.  My DH got Pfizer on Monday and other than a little soreness, he has been fine.  I couldn't get an appointment at the same place, they booked up in the time it took me to book his, so I went to another place which has Moderna.  Very happy we have had our first shots, just very different reactions.  

Idk personally but the PA who gave my dads shot said more seem to react who got moderna than pfeizer. I'm glad he was able to get the pfe drug.

• Like 3

First of all I am thrilled to hear so many getting the vaccine.  

If it makes a safer world for all of us, we deserve credit.

Now just getting a little nervous when my number is up to get the vaccine.

Sore arm.

In bed, achy

headaches

Sweats and chills

Yup gotta bite the bullet and swallow my pride and get the vaccine.

Here in OHIO I may be eligible when they roll around to us 64 year youngins.

Stay healthy

• Like 6

Sitting down to watch the NY Ranger game. They'll probably get crushed by the Boston Bruins. But it's the first game where fans are allowed back in at The Garden (the arena). A whopping 1,800, roughly 10% capacity.  Hope they are really loud fans!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Sitting down to watch the NY Ranger game. They'll probably get crushed by the Boston Bruins. But it's the first game where fans are allowed back in at The Garden (the arena). A whopping 1,800, roughly 10% capacity.  Hope they are really loud fans!!

One of my son in laws is a huge Rangers fan.A room in his house is painted with the Rangers colors.His two dogs are named after Rangers.

They send a December holiday card every year with pictures of the fame and a Rangers player.He works with the son of an all time Ranger great.

• Like 1

Been to Dubai twice on business, fortunately staying both times at very nice waterfront resorts (NOT the Burj Al Arab  😀)  I would happily go back for a holiday. If you get there, definitely try a desert safari. Lots of fun driving through the sand dunes followed by a great meal with entertainment in the middle of the desert.

FF24EE2E-19C7-47D6-B456-E4D096288606.thumb.jpeg.980fff6ae61862cf1e14d6541682ce85.jpeg

And of course, a trip to the top of the Burj Khalifa

51C0F18B-25A2-4DBF-A646-3BAE76E5BB0C.thumb.jpeg.880c87d6996b337a8552d3659b289f49.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This guy should not have hopped the train north to Canada.  Neighbour found him beside her car yesterday morning. 

That's too bad. I guess he froze to death? Do you not normally have Opossums? 

Edited by Coralc

Andrew - We watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs tonight. Definitely a Coen brothers film. I didn’t pick it up when I first watched the clip that you posted, but the poker hand that Buster refused to play was known as the dead man’s hand...aces and eights. Supposedly the hand that Wild Bill Hickok had when he was shot:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_man's_hand

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

And the Rangers won!  🏑 

• Like 1