Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We are headed to Key West in a few minutes.  Never been.  We'll take our time today and stay overnight in Key Largo, then head to Key West tomorrow morning.  We'll also take the opportunity to stop in the Miami airport on the way back for our Global Entry interview.  Pictures to follow.

• Like 10

Hello my friend. Sitting out on my balcony on last time before they call our number to disembark. Wow what a week. I will share everything starting tomorrow on the review thread over on the main page.

I’m filled with such emotion about this great return to cruising after a year and a half. The staff and crew of Explorer were amazing. Everything was perfect except for the internet as you heard.

long day of travel ahead. It will be good to be back home to our cat Kylar but will obviously be incredibly sad that Naggie will not be there to greet us. We toasted champagne to her last night.

Time to go. See you soon.

Greg Sea Dog

• Like 23

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We went to an outside wedding this afternoon.  upper 40's and breeze.  I was cold.  Luckily a friend sitting ahead of me got there early,  realized it was getting cold and went to Walmart and bought a few blankets.   When she turned around and saw how cold I I was she surprised me with a new blanket!  I hate cold.

We once went to an outside wedding where it was 95 degrees with high humidity.  Seating had no shade.  We wilted. I don't know which one is worse.  Shivering or sweating?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are headed to Key West in a few minutes.  Never been.  We'll take our time today and stay overnight in Key Largo, then head to Key West tomorrow morning.  We'll also take the opportunity to stop in the Miami airport on the way back for our Global Entry interview.  Pictures to follow.

While in Key Largo, Key Largo Fisheries is a MUST.  It is very casual.  You order at a window, and they will buzz you when your order is ready.  The outside space is very nice, on a Marina.  We were there last Saturday.  We are spending 3 weeks at Key Colony Beach, FL(near Marathon).  Also, a must while in Key West is chocolate dipped Key Lime pie on a stick from Kermit's.  We have reservations next Sunday at Lola's Bistro in Key West for dinner.  Have a wonderful time!  Coincidentally, on the way home we are spending 2 nights in Amelia Island at the Addison.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I have not been to Key West either. I really hope ti get there someday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have not been to Key West either. I really hope ti get there someday.

I have been there for a port stop and for a land trip.  We were living in Texas and my son was in Wisconsin.  My husband and I flew to Miami, rented a car and drove down, while my son flew to Key West.  We did all the tourist stuff and had a great time.  

• Like 4

So 9 weeks ago we started the project by hiring a contractor to build our garage. First delay was getting lumber due to COVID (they said due to Canadian border closure no deliveries).  I was a little confused on that one we have trees in the continental US. 

Then we kept getting updates that due to rain and the ground being too wet they cannot proceed because the heavy equipment could not be brought in. 

Well with the snow starting to fall but no accumulation yet   The garage progress kinda started up yesterday. 

First the lonely footers that have been that way for weeks will finally be the foundation of the man cave. 

Ty Canada for opening our borders. 
Ty Mother Nature for freezing the ground. 

TY TY TY 

Soon a new home for the GTOS. 

84713889-335D-42EB-B285-BF7018AB2497.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Hello my friend. Sitting out on my balcony on last time before they call our number to disembark. Wow what a week. I will share everything starting tomorrow on the review thread over on the main page.

I’m filled with such emotion about this great return to cruising after a year and a half. The staff and crew of Explorer were amazing. Everything was perfect except for the internet as you heard.

long day of travel ahead. It will be good to be back home to our cat Kylar but will obviously be incredibly sad that Naggie will not be there to greet us. We toasted champagne to her last night.

Greg Sea Dog

Safe travels home.      Your review has been fantastic cannot wait to see more

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

We once went to an outside wedding where it was 95 degrees with high humidity.  Seating had no shade.  We wilted. I don't know which one is worse.  Shivering or sweating?

My wedding day was high 90's with high humidity and we were all melting in the church as they only have ceiling fans in the main church, then to go outside for photos was no relief either.   We were married end of May and never figured it would be so hot.   We are all so ready to remove our wedding wear but we couldn't.   We were so happy to get the air conditioned reception.    

My Mother always said I have always picked the hottest days for major life events.    I was born June 21st and it was near 100 degrees and the hospital was having problems with their air conditioner. 😇

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love Key West need to visit the Hemingway house and all the cool bars he used to  drink in.

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My wedding day was high 90's with high humidity and we were all melting in the church as they only have ceiling fans in the main church, then to go outside for photos was no relief either.   We were married end of May and never figured it would be so hot.   We are all so ready to remove our wedding wear but we couldn't.   We were so happy to get the air conditioned reception.    

My Mother always said I have always picked the hottest days for major life events.    I was born June 21st and it was near 100 degrees and the hospital was having problems with their air conditioner. 😇

my birthday is June 22, I remember after we got married we were taking pictures for about a hour while there was a open bar going , happy to take tux jacket off .

• Like 4

So I fell behind again, and playing a little catch up. 

Happy Birthday Charlie. 

Glad Owen is OK. 

Good that everyone survived the weather.  Yesterday, we waited till the warmest part of the day to get a walk in.  I agree that a 17 mph wind does make it feel colder. 

C4D7B05F-115D-4E3E-9672-8DC89CF9A0B9.thumb.jpeg.9a447b0660d519b128fdb953aadb072e.jpeg

I kept thinking these guys should be headed somewhere warm. 

552C63F0-BCB7-4192-90A5-58D4E0632219.thumb.jpeg.d620f0fb87db0fdc1d30f7d9090b6c43.jpeg

So today’s forecast is snow for the afternoon. 

D3637130-2081-4920-A3C5-FF3185E9DEA5.thumb.jpeg.59cade7ddfd662ffeb0ba2d8b49f6cea.jpeg

And what do we do when it calls for snow?   Start decorating for Christmas.  The tree is up, and lights are strung.  Susan is working her magic with ribbon right now.  Maybe pictures once things are complete.  

And did someone say Key Largo?  I have a TSOTD for that. 😀

54AC669B-9F1C-444E-ACB6-EC819A4144F9.thumb.jpeg.04ff241abc0bafc0ba6408036efef91b.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We used Walgreens by the DMV for October cruise. Results in under an hour

Thanks!  Good to know.  Saw on Walgreen's website about a "within" 24 hours test.  

Going to get lucky though, sister is coming to stay with us in Clermont for turkey week, she is bringing Binex tests with her from her clinic to do the test online with me. 

I was worried about possible time delay being Thanksgiving weekend.  Will give me practice to do tests that way for upcoming January cruises.  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hope all is well with Owen. There seems to be more and more of this type if behavior in youth sports.... an observation from someone who spends a lot of time in the sideline of a football field.

Sadly, not just youth sports.  😞 

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Soft tissue injury is the verdict. Just got to the arena to watch the game. Owen is feeling OK, he ate a McDonald’s combo in the 10 minutes it took to drive here. He just has to take it easy the next few days. 

AD12EB03-86BC-4D60-B64E-400E56CBF1A5.thumb.jpeg.26f948b1f61c444fb896234e45ce226b.jpeg

Happy to hear no broken bones. 🙂 Hope he feels better soon. 

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Mexican food for dinner. Sought put something we likely won't have in the upcoming week.😉

20211113_202702.thumb.jpg.ab01fd958df9c74deb452514d8a29620.jpg

20211113_202648.thumb.jpg.0dab773adf18a4f33524eaff032ac55d.jpg

Very good. Bella got quite the doggie bag

Yums!  Looks Good!   We love El Leoncito in Titusville, which we go to every Monday (when we are actually home) for Margarita Monday...Two for one!   They do a great job with both Cuban and Mexican food.  

Are you on Harmony for one or two weeks?  I see her on the webcam right now.  Ahh...looking good.  Our turn in two weeks.  🙂 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

You picked the right time to travel.  Trying to go down there on a Friday (the worst) or even a Saturday is brutal with traffic.  We always travel to the Keys on a Sunday morning early...to get through the nail biter traffic in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.  Once you hit Homestead (the end of I-95) it is pretty smooth sailing.  Though kind of like a "Salmon swimming up stream" with all the bail out of the tourists coming back north on a Sunday from a weekend visit. 

Enjoy your trip!  Marathon (middle most Key) is our favorite.  🙂 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Greg Sea Dog

Happy to hear you had a great time, and thanks for taking us with you.  Great review!  🙂 

Pulled up webcam for Port Canaveral.  Have not seen 5 cruise ships there since two years ago!  Including Harmony, which we board in two weeks for our B2B.  She just got back from Europe on a TA. 

So nice to see so many of them in port now.  🤗

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Reminds me of our wedding day, very hot and humid in Mid-June in NJ. Very unlike an normal day in June.

My wife was melting and still complains about it to the day.

Didn't help things when my wife's parents got lost from their hotel to the church. They were 75 minutes late getting there.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4