Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I had Showtime but cancelled this past winter as I didn't watch on  regular basis.   I need to bring it back for a bit to watch some episodes of various series and the Ray Donovan movie.

I agree Your Honor was excellent.

I also like Billions but have not yet watched most recent episodes of Billions yet.

Dexter New Blood, I need to watch last 2 episodes.

American Rust didn't keep my interest and I gave up on it.

Some other showtime favorites, Ray Donovan, Homeland and Shameless.

Homeland was good, shameless was great most seasons.  I really hated when Fiona left the series.  There isn’t enough new shows on Shiwtime to justify paying all year.  
It’s the same with HBO, “The Flight Attendant” is the only series I’m looking forward to this season.  I’ll either wait for the free weekend or do the free seven day trial through HBOMAX or Apple TV.  

It’s getting to the point there are too many streaming services.  

Edited by LucasLikesToCruise
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just searched for the S22 specs and found that the base S22 and S22+ have a resolution of 50MP, while the S22 Ultra has a resolution of 108MP.  This is using the "wide" lens.  For all 3 models, the ultrawide lens is 12MP and the zoom lens is 10MP, so you won't get the very high res shots when zooming in.  Click here and scroll down to the camera section.

Most phone camera sensors are arranged in a 3:4 ratio (as are most full frame DSLRs).  If you record using 3:4, you'll get the full resolution of the camera.  If you record in 9:16, you'll essentially chop off the top and bottom rows of pixels in the sensor to get a wider looking picture, and you'll lose some resolution.  As I said before, that's not a big deal unless you're making a large format print.  I also like how the 9:16 ratio fills a typical TV screen or computer monitor.

Thanks. I see that now.  The .6x is 12MP, 1x 50MP/108MP, 3x 10MP and 10x 10MP.  I also just learned more about how the pixel binning is working.  On the Ultra in wide angle, if I am not in the 108MP mode it uses the pixel binning.  

37 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We did see a photographer who had some cool prints of things being poured (coffee, wine, margheritas, etc.) where he had the bottle in a horizontal print above the receiving glass in a separate vertical print.

That is really cool.  That is pretty original. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

The Americans is on my watch list but I haven't started it yet.  I've just finished watching Mr. Robot and need to catch up on  the Amazing Mrs. Maisel.  There are a lot of episodes of The Americans so I probably binge a few at a time & they take a break.

Love the Amazing Mrs Maisel , been watching Breaking Bad will finish that shortly.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry but I don't recall what happened in season 5.  

That's the season that's focused on Abby.  Although the show has been out for several years, I don't want to say too much in case someone is still planning to watch.

@bobmacliberty Have you ever bought a printer to print larger photos?  In the past I was tempted to by a 17" wide Epson but after research I would read about them clogging if not used on a regular basis.  I could see me printing enough for a couple months but would not be able to keep it going.  I have not researched lately.  I thought it would be nice to be able to make nice canvas prints.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Also if on Laptop or Desktop. After you get done with your post and have posted it to the site.

Hit the edit button, and then right click to the right of the picture in the margin. You will see a little line to the right of the picture , then click the ENTER key as many times as you want and a space will be between your pictures where you can either write text in................Or just go to the next picture and repeat the steps above.

20220501_145136.jpg

Anyone up this morning for some frog legs?

20220426_091350.jpg

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I did not know that. Mostly I use my phone.

You type the text between the pictures when you make the initial post.  There is no need to have to post and then edit.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, George C said:

Love the Amazing Mrs Maisel , been watching Breaking Bad will finish that shortly.

I stopped watching it because of the profanity. I was born in the 60’s, but I don’t remember my mother swearing! Maybe New York was totally different than the north coast of British Columbia, but even the word “bum” was a little racy!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Homeland was good, shameless was great most seasons.  I really hated when Fiona left the series.  There isn’t enough new shows on Shiwtime to justify paying all year.  
It’s the same with HBO, “The Flight Attendant” is the only series I’m looking forward to this season.  I’ll either wait for the free weekend or do the free seven day trial through HBOMAX or Apple TV.  

I was sad when Fiona left the show.   

On HBO I like the series Succession but as you said not worth paying for all year so like you I catch up when free weekends are offered by Dish satellite that I have at home.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We got there Friday night to see the opening festivities and eat some shrimp.  Micheline was disappointed because there were only a few of the artist booths open.  Most seemed to be shooting for a Saturday opening.  The opening ceremonies included the Miss Shrimp Festival Scholarship Pageant with 8 girls from the local high school dressed in pageant gowns and answering typical beauty contest questions.  It was fun to watch but as the father of 2 twenty something girls, left me wondering if we should be past that.  No judgement...just thought provoking for me.  At least one (maybe more?) of the girls will win a scholarship that will help with their college expenses.  Anything that helps girls better succeed is a good thing.  That was followed by Paris Winningham (3rd place in The Voice 2021) performing, the invasion of the pirates, and fireworks.

We did see a photographer who had some cool prints of things being poured (coffee, wine, margheritas, etc.) where he had the bottle in a horizontal print above the receiving glass in a separate vertical print.  Like this:

image.png.3765324fd0ceb29867a5757d9680d04a.png

The style doesn't exactly fit our decor but I'm trying to figure out if I could hang one of his sets of prints somewhere.  I haven't seen anything like that before and thought that it was very original.  Here's his website if you want to see more: Bar | Mysite (quiquephotography.com)

Very cool art!

I got a part time job, 2 days a week, receptionist in a Memory Care facility.  As difficult as it is to see people in the condition they are in now, I know they're in a caring, safe environment.  I don't have much interaction with the residents but when I do, I smile, say hello, ask how they are. Sadly, although some can't answer, they do seem appreciative.  A pat on the shoulder and a smile goes a long way.

One lovely man is at the beginning stages of dementia.  Unfortunately, he knows how he will eventually wind up. I told him to come talk to me whenever he wants, since he enjoys our chats.  He loves hearing about NY!  I told him he must be a great dad hearing his phone conversations with his son.

Dementia/Alzheimer's, Cancer.  Wish they could be permanently eradicated.

Sorry to bring a "downer" post in here this bright beautiful morning.  I rarely do so please forgive me.  Call your parents if you are blessed to still have them and tell them how much you love them.

On to happy things.  @Lionesss Will your daughter and SIL have a gender reveal?

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 21

26 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's the season that's focused on Abby.  Although the show has been out for several years, I don't want to say too much in case someone is still planning to watch.

Yes I remember now.    That is a difficult season but 6 and 7 do get pretty wild.

43 minutes ago, George C said:

Mrs Maisel is another series I have to watch the last season.    

Eric was shocked when he visited his Mom to mow her lawn and saw her watching Breaking Bad.   He asked why she was watching with the violence and foul language and she said she was curious to see it.  She's up to season 2.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Speaking of pictures, as I was looking at my pictures to upload in the previous post, I realized I used to take more miniature and Bokeh effect pictures in the old days.  Need to get back to doing more of them as I get bored just taking pictures of dog's behind...

BTW:  Do you or anyone know how to insert a blank line between my picture uploads?  The software just lump all of them together...

IMG_4401_hq (1).JPG

I love doing miniature tilt shift photography. It does have to be the right type of photo. As far as spaces between pics, @Ocean Boy and @Jimbo explained it well.

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

After you insert a picture place the cursor below it then tap your "return" button a couple of times. You can now insert the next picture and there will be spacing between them.

Yep What you said.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Also if on Laptop or Desktop. After you get done with your post and have posted it to the site.

Hit the edit button, and then right click to the right of the picture in the margin. You will see a little line to the right of the picture , then click the ENTER key as many times as you want and a space will be between your pictures where you can either write text in................Or just go to the next picture and repeat the steps above.

Yep what you said too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

After you insert a picture place the cursor below it then tap your "return" button a couple of times. You can now insert the next picture and there will be spacing between them.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

No, I mean the button that drops the cursor down a line as what you would use when starting a new paragraph. It is what you refer to as the "enter" button. Definitely not the back space button.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

ahhhhhhhh.  That is probably for sure why it wasn't working for me.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

You type the text between the pictures when you make the initial post.  There is no need to have to post and then edit.

@harryfat1

I usually hit a couple of "enter/s" before inserting pictures, so as to ensure spaces between them....😁

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love doing miniature tilt shift photography. It does have to be the right type of photo. As far as spaces between pics, @Ocean Boy and @Jimbo explained it well.

Yep What you said.

Yep what you said too.

Appreciate everyone's pointers.  Will try that next time I upload more pics.

Cheers,

H

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@bobmacliberty Have you ever bought a printer to print larger photos?  In the past I was tempted to by a 17" wide Epson but after research I would read about them clogging if not used on a regular basis.  I could see me printing enough for a couple months but would not be able to keep it going.  I have not researched lately.  I thought it would be nice to be able to make nice canvas prints.

I've also been tempted but I don't print enough larger stuff to justify it.  I  decided that I'd send out for any larger prints.  I've been happy with both mpix and Shutterfly.  They both offer a variety of sizes and print mediums and can also do framing.  

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Was it this thread where we were talking about Alaska shore excursions?  

I found these photos from when we were in Ketchikan last. Here’s the Aleutian Ballad, which does the crab excursion, sailing past our cabin. 

FEE1F790-A1FD-40C0-8EAF-A516B76CDE1D.thumb.jpeg.8f23a79cd6d2bedee3ca6266e6ee9cbe.jpeg

AF984FAF-C7EC-496D-B556-1436C02B5C3E.thumb.jpeg.0f18745803392f1784c3043c4081c2d2.jpeg

That's the excursion we are taking in July. Thanks for posting the pics! 

2 hours ago, George C said:

I watched Breaking Bad when it first came out on AMC. I consider it one of the best shows ever on TV - be it regular networks, cable or streaming - and I consider Brian Cranston and Aaron Paul to be phenomenal actors.  I mean, Brian Cranston was the dad on Malcolm in the Middle for goodness sake! Talk about a variety of roles!

Have you watched the season that has Jesse Piemons, from Power of the Dog and Friday Night Lights fame? Speaking of Friday Night Lights, I also consider that one of the finest TV shows ever.

I watched the first season of Sneaky Pete on Amazon because of Aaron Paul. The show has a very interesting premise, it's good but not great.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I watched Breaking Bad when it first came out on AMC. I consider it one of the best shows ever on TV - be it regular networks, cable or streaming - and I consider Brian Cranston and Aaron Paul to be phenomenal actors.  I mean, Brian Cranston was the dad on Malcolm in the Middle for goodness sake! Talk about a variety of roles!

Have you watched the season that has Jesse Piemons, from Power of the Dog and Friday Night Lights fame? Speaking of Friday Night Lights, I also consider that one of the finest TV shows ever.

I watched the first season of Sneaky Pete on Amazon because of Aaron Paul. The show has a very interesting premise, it's good but not great.

We were big fans of Friday night lights, totally great cast , most of the cast have done really well. Will look at Sneaky Pete’s . We did enjoy Power of the dog, did you see Taylor Kitsch in the defeated, I am hoping for a second season it’s on Netflix, extremely dark show in post war Germany. Brian Cranston is fantastic, would have loved seeing him on broadway, he said his favorite restaurant was Delmonico in lower Manhattan, we tried that once and hopefully will visit it again.

Edited by George C
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've also been tempted but I don't print enough larger stuff to justify it.  I  decided that I'd send out for any larger prints.  I've been happy with both mpix and Shutterfly.  They both offer a variety of sizes and print mediums and can also do framing.  

I had a small Canon printer.  It looks so nice to watch the pic print out.  I just looked at some newer printers and it still looks like you can only go a few days without printing something.  I thought even if I printed several small prints between the big ones I couldn’t print enough.  Go on a long vacation and you would need someone to use it while you are gone or rely on a program to print.

I have been very happy with WHCC.  I have also printed a couple of hard covered books from there.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Truth!  It was so much easier when it was just NetFlix and Hulu. 

I considered becoming a "cord-cutter" and ditching Cable TV all together.  But the price of just having stand alone internet service + the various streaming platforms I would need - and it seems every streaming platform has at least one show I like - the final price is actually far more than having a double-play or triple play package from my cable provider, Comcast.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We got there Friday night to see the opening festivities and eat some shrimp.  Micheline was disappointed because there were only a few of the artist booths open.  Most seemed to be shooting for a Saturday opening.  The opening ceremonies included the Miss Shrimp Festival Scholarship Pageant with 8 girls from the local high school dressed in pageant gowns and answering typical beauty contest questions.  It was fun to watch but as the father of 2 twenty something girls, left me wondering if we should be past that.  No judgement...just thought provoking for me.  At least one (maybe more?) of the girls will win a scholarship that will help with their college expenses.  Anything that helps girls better succeed is a good thing.  That was followed by Paris Winningham (3rd place in The Voice 2021) performing, the invasion of the pirates, and fireworks.

We did see a photographer who had some cool prints of things being poured (coffee, wine, margheritas, etc.) where he had the bottle in a horizontal print above the receiving glass in a separate vertical print.  Like this:

image.png.3765324fd0ceb29867a5757d9680d04a.png

The style doesn't exactly fit our decor but I'm trying to figure out if I could hang one of his sets of prints somewhere.  I haven't seen anything like that before and thought that it was very original.  Here's his website if you want to see more: Bar | Mysite (quiquephotography.com)

We never went on Friday night and on Sunday you couldn’t get a drink at the Palace Saloon. It was always Saturday with the rest of the world walking around with us. Tons of food places, and there were always a number of artists that displayed really good stuff. 
The side streets often had antiques. 
Next year will be another chance!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, George C said:

did you see Taylor Kitsch in the defeated, I am hoping for a second season it’s on Netflix, extremely dark show in post war Germany.

Yes, I did, based on your recommendation you posted here several months ago.  Thoroughly enjoyed the show. I had relatives that were children growing up in post WW2 Germany  and wondered if the life depicted on the show is accurate. Sadly, those relatives are no longer with us so I can't ask. They were always reluctance to speak of those years, like so many others of that generation.

The show was always planned as a 2-part show, 8 episodes each season. Season 2 was to be filmed in Prague in 2020 until Covid got in the way. As far as I know, the show has not resumed filming but has not been cancelled either. I hope they do complete it eventually.

• Like 2