Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

My list is almost as long as Sea Dog but different to everyone’s else’s picks:

these are the tv shows that I’ve watched all seasons

ER

The x-files

Law & Order SVU (up until Stabler left)

Buffy & (Angel)

Mad Men

Queer as Folk (original)

Big Love

Brothers & Sisters

The Americans

The Killing (US version)

The Good Wife

The Crown

Game of Thrones

Line of Duty (most recent season hasn’t been shown here yet - no spoilers please)

• Like 3

Glad everyone is safe. Hope @molly361is OK and no flooding in her house.

On a slightly selfish note I'm a bit concerned about our cruise next September from Tampa that ends up in Boston. 

I remember now why we've never booked the Caribbean in September before,  usually its the Med.

It was such a good price,  such a great itinerary and a class of ship we love that I forgot about the hurricanes 🤔

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

Thanks for all the concern. My house is okay 

water came halfway up the backyard. My next door neighbor's house is flooded  Also my girlfriend who stayed with me  house is underwater but we don't even know how bad. She's going to try to see if someone will drive her over there today .lots of trees down in the neighborhood   internet very spotty 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

On another note, I just would like to thank all of you for commenting and or liking my posts on my Symphony UDP review. I was really worried about my competition as there was two other reviewers on the same sailing. BennyBrun and Stealth Dog. So far I'm in the lead with posts and views. Thank you so much it means a lot to me that you took the time to read and comment.

Your review is awesome.  Excellent photos and love your writing style🥰

I'm guessing your best meal onboard was at CP150 (other than the seating) it looked amazing.

Also, very happy you weren't impacted by any of these storms.

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us🤩

Any video of the pups and your kitty welcoming you both home would be fun to see too!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

water came halfway up the backyard. My next door neighbor's house is flooded  Also my girlfriend who stayed with me  house is underwater but we don't even know how bad. She's going to try to see if someone will drive her over there today .lots of trees down in the neighborhood   internet very spotty 

Glad to hear you are alright and have someone with you through this. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Good Morning Ellen,  Thankful to hear you are okay🥰

Your husband was definitely watching you.   That's good to hear a friend is with you.   Sorry to hear about her home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Glad everyone is safe. Hope @molly361is OK and no flooding in her house.

On a slightly selfish note I'm a bit concerned about our cruise next September from Tampa that ends up in Boston. 

I remember now why we've never booked the Caribbean in September before,  usually its the Med.

It was such a good price,  such a great itinerary and a class of ship we love that I forgot about the hurricanes 🤔

I have had the same thoughts but reminding myself that storms like this don't happen all the time and the safest place to be is on a cruise ship since they know how to detour and avoid.   And a bonus couple extra days at sea sound great to me should something happen😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Unlike Jade, Leonard is not a lap cat. The word "snuggle" is not in his vocabulary. Which is why moments like this are rare & precious.  The closest to a snuggle I'll ever get.

20220928_083949.thumb.jpg.396308156d4b083fd076785cc70967b6.jpg

He'd rather spend his time squatting and looking out the window at the squirrels and chipmunks roaming in the front yard. 

20220928_081541.thumb.jpg.1ab485086a4c01b6255686dba4ddc1d1.jpg

For an indoor cat, why he thinks he's the great predator is beyond me.  😀

I love his coloring.  Beautiful cat!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have had the same thoughts but reminding myself that storms like this don't happen all the time and the safest place to be is on a cruise ship since they know how to detour and avoid.   And a bonus couple extra days at sea sound great to me should something happen😃

Allure of the seas  is on a western route this week, which usually goes north of Cuba , right where Ian would be.   So she went south of Cuba this time, staying away from the storm.

• Like 2

Just got a call from my Mom.  She had called the woman that cleans her house when she is in Florida and asked her if she would go check on it for her since she is up in NH.  The woman just checked it out and it is fine, no leaks inside and no damage outside, just a few palm fronds in the yard.  The woman did get stopped by one of the neighbors asking what she was up to as no one has been there in a long time since my Mom died!! 😵 At least my Mom could laugh at the mistake. 😄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I should have asked what your least favorite show was.

Greg, no need to worry about competition.  You set the bar high with your review and knocked it out of the ballpark!

That’s a real tough one as they are all so different. To be honest probably Steinfield. Just didn’t seem funny to me. I know I’m in the minority. My two best friends live that show and even quite lines from it.

Thank you for your comments. I do set it high and sometimes fall off but I keep trying.

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Really enjoying your review Greg.  The photos of the food are impressive as were your videos of the  water show.  

Also been taking notes on your cocktails.

i bought my son a Go Pro this week.  I am so sorry about what happened to yours but have to say your three versions of the vertical dive to destruction  had us chucking. Hope you experience less knee pain next cruise.

When the shock of what happened to the go pro was over and I looked at the footage I had to laugh. I contacted Go Pro to see if they would do anything. Because I didn’t have their subscription plan and it was out of warranty they could not replace it. They did give me 30% off on a new one which I did. I should be getting the new Go Pro 11 next week.

5 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Welcome to the "cool" club. 

Thanks! I’m really looking forward to snacks in the Diamond Lounge.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your review is awesome.  Excellent photos and love your writing style🥰

I'm guessing your best meal onboard was at CP150 (other than the seating) it looked amazing.

Also, very happy you weren't impacted by any of these storms.

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us🤩

Any video of the pups and your kitty welcoming you both home would be fun to see too!

Stay tuned at the end and I’ll rank them. I screwed up and forgot to take video of when we got home. The pups did go wild, the cat not so much.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just a guess; the dogs were excited as can be and the cat was “like you’ve been away”?

Exactly. He even waited about 5 minutes before coming down and greeting us. You know cats, they love to play hard to get.

• Like 9

Not quite the same as those in Florida experienced but here Ian comes.  Don't expect anything too bad but of course keeping an eye on it.  We are just over a mile from the beach, more concerned with the wind than water.  Hearing highest risk for tornadoes is further north, closer to Wilmington.  Mother in law and sister in law are further south, a bit inland as well, but both away so will check on their houses over the weekend.  

Screenshot_20220930-092914_Maps.thumb.jpg.bf430b2f4c8869f3c2303df8a98538a7.jpg

A view from our community cabana at the beach, not too bad yet.

Screenshot_20220930-095608_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a5dc2628d15534382f3c6511fc26f83f.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Final chapter:

2006 GTO FOB replacement update.

First and foremost I think it is amazing how sometimes the most easiest solution evades me.

Now, the cost was anticipated.

Who would have thought to just call a locksmith to get a replacement FOB?

Not me, but the car repair shop did.

So 2 FOB's were easily acquired.

The hard part was re-programing them to work on my car.

Yes, he had the FOB's

But did not have the system to program them

So, he consulted another repair shop (my request was first time getting new ones).

And after taking the new ones apart, borrowing some techno whatchamacallics from the first ones, he had success.

Now, you may wonder why he did not send us with car to locksmith??

Well I guess some of those business have the ability to reporgram.  Our hick town USA does not.

We would have had to travel to get the job down.

Happy today.

Now next week will be the second edition of taking the 1966 GTO back to work on the lights and wind shield wipers.  New motors are in for these features, but now that we are dwindling into fall, so few car shows and cruise inns happening, and that GTO will be going  away for a long awaited beauty treatment.

I can only hope that this change in the parts of the car, makes it work.

Take care

• Like 5

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen and his football team had another game today. Best weather the last 5 days, sunny and warm. Probably 70F plus.

Much better than ball tryouts last night, that was cold. 

39A50ED3-F7F1-4099-8677-35242F705C3B.thumb.jpeg.f2a29ebba0b64c4b3c8a2e1ea11cedd7.jpeg

Last play of the game. You will have to excuse my commentary with my mom. 

Owen with my mom.  She watched the entire game and had no hip pain at all. Owen had 4 points after touchdowns and played the final quarter of the game in his new secondary defensive role. He even made a tackle as well. They are now 2/0 and have scored 43 points and had 0 against them.  They have supposedly played the two toughest teams in their league.

I have to say it is a solid start to the season. 

E77096AC-2B15-4853-8DA3-2B7CDA2CD536.thumb.jpeg.082ebb0a712cd36e3aa7c628c76c7f79.jpeg

Congratulations.

?

How tall is Owen??

Take care

14 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Just got done catching up on the thread.

Favorite TV show.

I must be in the minority.

The original  DARK SHADOWS.

I used to hurry home from school and watch it in the afternoon.

Take care

Loved Dark Shadows.  Watched it every day.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Not quite the same as those in Florida experienced but here Ian comes.  Don't expect anything too bad but of course keeping an eye on it.  We are just over a mile from the beach, more concerned with the wind than water.  Hearing highest risk for tornadoes is further north, closer to Wilmington.  Mother in law and sister in law are further south, a bit inland as well, but both away so will check on their houses over the weekend.  

Screenshot_20220930-092914_Maps.thumb.jpg.bf430b2f4c8869f3c2303df8a98538a7.jpg

A view from our community cabana at the beach, not too bad yet.

Screenshot_20220930-095608_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a5dc2628d15534382f3c6511fc26f83f.jpg

Prayers it doesn't get worse.

• Like 5