Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Unlike Jade, Leonard is not a lap cat. The word "snuggle" is not in his vocabulary. Which is why moments like this are rare & precious.  The closest to a snuggle I'll ever get.

20220928_083949.thumb.jpg.396308156d4b083fd076785cc70967b6.jpg

He'd rather spend his time squatting and looking out the window at the squirrels and chipmunks roaming in the front yard. 

20220928_081541.thumb.jpg.1ab485086a4c01b6255686dba4ddc1d1.jpg

For an indoor cat, why he thinks he's the great predator is beyond me.  😀

• Like 19

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

If you could pick only one favorite TV show, just one, past or present, which would it be?

Mine is M*A*S*H

Mine would be Frasier. 
The episode where Niles is alone and ironing a shirt cracks me up just thinking about it. 
The whole cast was excellent. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Gilligan's Island was the first one that popped into my head too!  I watched that after school all the time.    Seinfeld and Friends are at the top of my list.    There are so many shows I have truly enjoyed and love watching re-runs its hard to narrow done to just one

Yep, Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch, The Muensters, I Dream of Jeannie, Star Trek (the original) were all after school shows I'd watch, when not playing outside.  Probably are few more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

And even though I watched each episode of Gilligan's Island multiple times - including the rare Black & White ones - if I watch it now, I just shake my head & wonder why?? 

😊

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Top TV show for me had to be Seinfeld. Everybody Loves Raymond is definitely under appreciated. Our favorite, that I haven’t seen mentioned, is Modern Family. The writing, especially in the early years, was amazing. 

Agree 100% with Modern Family, especially in the early years.  Another underrated show was The Middle, which came on right afterwards.  While it was overshadowed by Modern Family in the beginning, it actually got better with age and dare I say, was better than MF in the latter years. Plus, there were certain situations and characters I could relate to from my childhood.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

don’t know how or why the hurricane shifted south, but I am so very very grateful.

So glad you and Nate are Ok. I was worried about you.

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

Love The Bubble Room. They have the best cake!

They have the best cakes in the world. I would go there just for dessert.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yep, Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch, The Muensters, I Dream of Jeannie, Star Trek (the original) were all after school shows I'd watch, when not playing outside.  Probably are few more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

And even though I watched each episode of Gilligan's Island multiple times - including the rare Black & White ones - if I watch it now, I just shake my head & wonder why?? 

😊

Agree 100% with Modern Family, especially in the early years.  Another underrated show was The Middle, which came on right afterwards.  While it was overshadowed by Modern Family in the beginning, it actually got better with age and dare I say, was better than MF in the latter years. Plus, there were certain situations and characters I could relate to from my childhood.

I also loved the Adams family, did see the broadway play based on that but that was a disappointment. Also the early episodes of the Andy Griffith .

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yep, Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch, The Muensters, I Dream of Jeannie, Star Trek (the original) were all after school shows I'd watch, when not playing outside.  Probably are few more that I can't remember off the top of my head

Yup, we watched all of them too plus the Partridge Family, Green Acres and Bewitched.  

• Like 3

Trying to think of my favorite television show and I can't because I loved them all.

In no particular Order:

Leave It to Beaver

Andy Griffith

Petticoat Junction

Green Acres

Dick Van Dyke Show

Gilligans Island

Get Smart

Manix

Emergency

Adam 12

The Munsters

I dream of Jeanie

Lost In Space

Star Trek

Family Affair

Man From Uncle

Misson Impossible

That Girl

F Troop

The Outer Limits

The Brady Bunch

The Monkee's

Where The Action Is

Dick Clark's American Bandstand

Soul Train

My Favorite Martian

Beverly Hillbillies

Rowan & Martins Laugh In

I Love Lucy

Batman

Hogan Heros

Bewitched

Flipper

Sea Hunt

Johnny Quest

The Jetsons

The Flintstones

The Adams Family

Friends

Cheers

Frazier

Mash

Happy Days

Three's Company

WKRP

Mary Tyler Moore Show

Taxi

The Odd Couple

The Partridge Family

Sanford & Son

Bob Newhart

Johnny Carson

As you can see I loved television.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Here in Jacksonville, we had no major problems. Tree branches and minor flooding. The mayor didn’t even order mandatory evacuations of the beaches. 
our kids live in St Johns County right below us. 
Scott’s house is on the St Johns river. 
The river  started coming up during low tide and came closer and closer to the house. They allowed for some flooding when they built it and it’s an extra 2 feet off the ground. 
The water eventually came a foot up the wall. 
The dock was under water part of the way and sitting right on it the rest. The orange roof is the boat lift, but they moved their boat to a friend’s yard, along with the jet skis. The jet ski dock is completely under water. 
They have  a sea wall and an 18 inch retaining wall. Both completely under water. 
Our daughter and son-in-law live on the ocean and that house is fine. They only lost internet. And the steps from the dune walkover down to the sand. 
However, they also have a house six blocks away on a canal off the Intracoastal. That’s where they keep their boat and jet skis. 
Hurricane Matthew, which I think I mentioned, put 4 feet of water on the first floor. It took from October to March  to have it gutted, including the floor, and rebuilt. 
Today my son-in-law tried to drive over in his big truck and couldn’t get near it. The street to get to their street was completely flooded. A neighbor called to tell them that the flooding is worse than Matthew. They had decided to sell the house, but, as Lisa said, even after the first floor is rebuilt again, they will have to tell potential buyers that it has flooded twice. 
At least  they have a place to live. So many people have nowhere now. 
The top photo is Scott’s back yard with water up to the edge of the patio. 
The next  one is Scott’s back yard which is right now mostly river. And then the street to Lisa and Jon’s  other house that Jon couldn’t get to in his F250. 
9B6CC60A-5686-4075-9C8B-48F149166EB2.thumb.jpeg.f8f623c771a1bedb55c80307b7cc0670.jpeg
The orange roof is the end of the dock. 
005554FB-5377-4F59-8DDE-E09599AE28EE.thumb.jpeg.df05e571a6393217aba38a49ee864ae1.jpeg

D4F102B2-0BD0-4952-9E78-2AD3F6BF2149.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It’s making the rounds on Instagram, more so on the car pages. 

One would think that the owner would have at minimum got it to a parking garage that is elevated from the flood surge.  Potential theft is a better option that what happened to it.  Maybe he had other cars more important protect first, or was away, or was fine😉 with his insurance coverage. There is a reason for this happening, we will never know the why.

Could just be more money than brains. 🤷‍♂️

I am more judgmental against the people who have airplanes upside down at airports.  it is one thing here in the Midwest when a thunderstorm pops up and tornados happen it is another when it is a freaking hurricane.  Fly your dang plane somewhere away from this.  Boats are always sitting ducks.  I remember our first trip to Bonaire for a week of diving.  Our hotel/resort had a small harbor and it was full of boats from the Virgin Islands and south Florida… I was like why are all these people here on a Dutch island, then I realized it was hurricane season and they almost never hit the ABCs.  

JC

• Like 4

Finally got the notice. We jumped up one level from Platinum to Emerald on this last cruise with the double points promo

1808676786_NewlevelCAEmerald.thumb.jpg.e0039200b209a986fdb7c88908c286eb.jpg

Now after next months sailing with me as a solo in an inside and across the hall Linda in a Balcony that should be another 28 points to push us to Diamond with 84 points. Finally get to hang out with the big people.

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

On another note, I just would like to thank all of you for commenting and or liking my posts on my Symphony UDP review. I was really worried about my competition as there was two other reviewers on the same sailing. BennyBrun and Stealth Dog. So far I'm in the lead with posts and views. Thank you so much it means a lot to me that you took the time to read and comment.

• Like 20

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is a shame the car is destroyed but for some reason I don't feel sorry for the guy.   

I do even though I would never ever consider paying that much for a car. Heck, who am I kidding, it’s not in our budget. 😆  That’s a lot of money to be losing even if he has a lot.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Trying to think of my favorite television show and I can't because I loved them all.

In no particular Order:

Leave It to Beaver

Andy Griffith

Petticoat Junction

Green Acres

Dick Van Dyke Show

Gilligans Island

Get Smart

Manix

Emergency

Adam 12

The Munsters

I dream of Jeanie

Lost In Space

Star Trek

Family Affair

Man From Uncle

Misson Impossible

That Girl

F Troop

The Outer Limits

The Brady Bunch

The Monkee's

Where The Action Is

Dick Clark's American Bandstand

Soul Train

My Favorite Martian

Beverly Hillbillies

Rowan & Martins Laugh In

I Love Lucy

Batman

Hogan Heros

Bewitched

Flipper

Sea Hunt

Johnny Quest

The Jetsons

The Flintstones

The Adams Family

Friends

Cheers

Frazier

Mash

Happy Days

Three's Company

WKRP

Mary Tyler Moore Show

Taxi

The Odd Couple

The Partridge Family

Sanford & Son

Bob Newhart

Johnny Carson

As you can see I loved television.

I should have asked what your least favorite show was.

48 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

On another note, I just would like to thank all of you for commenting and or liking my posts on my Symphony UDP review. I was really worried about my competition as there was two other reviewers on the same sailing. BennyBrun and Stealth Dog. So far I'm in the lead with posts and views. Thank you so much it means a lot to me that you took the time to read and comment.

Greg, no need to worry about competition.  You set the bar high with your review and knocked it out of the ballpark!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Really enjoying your review Greg.  The photos of the food are impressive as were your videos of the  water show.  

Also been taking notes on your cocktails.

i bought my son a Go Pro this week.  I am so sorry about what happened to yours but have to say your three versions of the vertical dive to destruction  had us chucking. Hope you experience less knee pain next cruise.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I also wonder about one of my favorite restaurants on Captiva, The Bubble Room? It would be a shame if that was destroyed.

I’m hoping ‘Tween Waters Resort is still there. That’s where we always stay when we go to Captiva.

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Unlike Jade, Leonard is not a lap cat. The word "snuggle" is not in his vocabulary. Which is why moments like this are rare & precious.  The closest to a snuggle I'll ever get.

20220928_083949.thumb.jpg.396308156d4b083fd076785cc70967b6.jpg

Give him time, he might just surprise you.

• Like 3