Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I haven’t posted any pictures of my daughter’s cat Goose recently. He’s a great cat…very cuddly and lately, a little rambunctious. Teenagers. 

DA750F71-4467-4A61-9E35-6324C312220F.thumb.jpeg.8c63445d4b08e278508d825b89b417af.jpeg

He too is an indoor cat who likes to watch his “prey” out the window. 

B246B166-0D28-40A6-9585-397946502E42.thumb.jpeg.444106c804efae13d8a784a205349425.jpeg

His latest trick is turning off the lights. Don’t ask me how he figured that one out. 

D797D1E6-AD93-4F19-8875-3CC69EC2808C.thumb.jpeg.8effe3f1cd46c1ca89fd14cd8ec8d830.jpeg

He is very talented.  Even my Annabel has not figured out how to turn off the lights.  

• Like 3

Found out this week that a friend is going to be in Costa Maya on Serenade on one of the days I'm going to be there on Oasis in November.  I introduced her to Maya Chan a year ago, and she's introducing her cruise friends to it this time.  

You know you cruise a lot when you run into friends in ports unexpectedly!  LOL

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

Okay. It won't let me edit. But seriously, FOUR-time changes on a seven-night cruise? Two spring forwards and two fall backs to get us back on California time. Are people too dumb to just stay on ship time without counting on their cell phones? I really dislike time changes. ☺️

I agree. Did that itinerary in January, and it was SO annoying.  So much easier to just tell everyone EVERY DAY to "remain on ship time" than to change four times in seven days!

I just turn my phone to Manual Settings when I cruise, so I never have to worry about it picking up a rogue time zone.  Why not publish info on how to do that instead of doing all the back-and-forth crap?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

Oh, and I arrived safe and sound in Miami, and promptly went to bed around 1pm after having been up for 36 hours.  Getting on Explorer later today to start my 10-week cruising binge.

Have a great long cruise. Why did it take so long to get to Miami? Due to Ian?

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

We will be headed out to Port Everglades at 10 this morning for our B3B on Allure of the seas.  Check in is 11.  I don't expect it to be quite as busy as our July cruise was. October is not usually bad.

Here on the east coast we really just had a little rain, and as Ian came across the state, we got windy with the west winds.

Our kids on the west coast of the state were north on the bad stuff, and had no issues.  They were planning a trip to Michigan to see his family, and with Tampa and Orlando airports shut down, managed to get a flight out of FLL, so they are now in Michigan.

This will be the last of our double point trips,  but our C&A points will be at 686 when we come home.  

Since Allure will be going to Galveston soon, our next cruise will be Harmony out of Everglades in January. That will be the ones that will get us to the magic 700.

Enjoy your cruises. What Harmony cruise will you make it to 700?

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Power came back 10pm  Lost all food but that's okay. My friend is waiting for her son to take her to survey her house.  

No power sucks, glad you have it back on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You two would be making me really jealous, except for the fact that we fly Sunday and board Mariner on Monday.  

How many weeks are we sailing, you ask? 5/7 of a week.  If you see us in port, don’t be surprised if I flip you the bird. LOLOL. Just kidding.  At least we get one cruise with the extra points on top of the suite points.

Enjoy your cruise.

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Okay. It won't let me edit. But seriously, FOUR-time changes on a seven-night cruise? Two spring forwards and two fall backs to get us back on California time. Are people too dumb to just stay on ship time without counting on their cell phones? I really dislike time changes. ☺️

Which itinerary is that?

Today we travel to   Buffalo New York to see the Miami university of Oxford Ohio play 

university of Buffalo as a day trip. 

Besides the necessities like food and non alcoholic beverages. We are taking 

pillows 

blankets

change of clothes 

3 1/2 people. ( baby in belly). 

2 German shepherds 

leashes

dog bowls 

Pray for our safe journey. 

CD0CE9FE-01B5-4000-9059-D5D3012AEA0A.thumb.jpeg.589e6c05ba26e25275648659c3000ecf.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 11

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry I hadn't heard of KAPE.

It is very sad news about Coolio.

Condolences to his family and friends.

I went to high school with a guy who was in a group in the late 50’s.They released a song on a 45.I spent years trying to find it with no success.I told Fred,owner of KAPE and a few weeks later there was a knock on my door.It was Fred with the record.I was so happy,I did not mind that it cost me $8.It was the worst song I ever heard .

Coolio was a very nice guy ,very intelligent .I was so sorry to hear of his passing at age 59.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 3

I very rarely post weather updates but we are having the very best weather possible in the Dallas area. Last week and the coming week; sunny temps in the mid to low 80s.  Love it!

We made it into the new H-E-B store.  Crowded but manageable.  I don't know what the hype is.  People were on line the night before it opened and waited 12 hours to get in.  I don't get it.  It's a supermarket.  Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Smooth sails to those about to embark on cruises.

@molly361Ellen, glad your power is back on.  

In NY, during a power outage, my neighbors decided to have an ice cream party.  We brought our ice cream to a neighbor's porch and had the best time catching up.  It was almost a let down when power came back on!

• Like 9

5 hours ago, mo&fran said:

We will be headed out to Port Everglades at 10 this morning for our B3B on Allure of the seas. 

It's important that you take the time the next two weeks to get the Allure in perfect condition. Especially make sure the ice cream machine is working. Also let performers know you want them to put on the best shows your 3rd week. Please let me know how it's going.  And yes, we will be joining you the 15th.   Looking forward to meeting you!  Have a fun and safe cruise!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I very rarely post weather updates but we are having the very best weather possible in the Dallas area. Last week and the coming week; sunny temps in the mid to low 80s.  Love it!

We made it into the new H-E-B store.  Crowded but manageable.  I don't know what the hype is.  People were on line the night before it opened and waited 12 hours to get in.  I don't get it.  It's a supermarket.  Maybe someone can enlighten me?

In NY, during a power outage, my neighbors decided to have an ice cream party.  We brought our ice cream to a neighbor's porch and had the best time catching up.  It was almost a let down when power came back on!

Not weather related but similiar.In 1965 I was working in mid-town Manhattan and on my way home only to find out that there was a blackout.

I walked to Baruch College knowing that a friend would be there and he would be able to drive me home.I entered the student center and everyone was in a party mood .I hung out there till midnight and then got a ride into Brooklyn.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Oh, and I arrived safe and sound in Miami, and promptly went to bed around 1pm after having been up for 36 hours.  Getting on Explorer later today to start my 10-week cruising binge.

This is going to be the longest Live Review that I have ever seen!  I hope you have a fun and safe adventure.   I am betting by the end of this, you will be able to meet at least one 😎 cool cruiser.  😆 see you in a few.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mo&fran said:

We will be headed out to Port Everglades at 10 this morning for our B3B on Allure of the seas.  Check in is 11.  I don't expect it to be quite as busy as our July cruise was. October is not usually bad.

Here on the east coast we really just had a little rain, and as Ian came across the state, we got windy with the west winds.

Our kids on the west coast of the state were north on the bad stuff, and had no issues.  They were planning a trip to Michigan to see his family, and with Tampa and Orlando airports shut down, managed to get a flight out of FLL, so they are now in Michigan.

This will be the last of our double point trips,  but our C&A points will be at 686 when we come home.  

Since Allure will be going to Galveston soon, our next cruise will be Harmony out of Everglades in January. That will be the ones that will get us to the magic 700.

Happy to hear your families homes are all OK.

Hope you have 3 weeks of smooth seas with warm sunny skies.

Bon Voyage😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

10 weeks...Woot Woot!   That will be awesome.  The most we have done is 4 weeks and it was really rough to come back home and get back to a daily routine of work, cooking, cleaning.   10 weeks would have me so relaxed and spoiled I would have to bring home at least one or two crew members to help get me back into my groove😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Asiago cheese bread!  The only downside for me here in Florida is not living near an HEB.  Winn Dixie and Publix do not compare.  HEB has a great produce aisle, a great bakery (Asiago cheese bread), great meat section etc.  My husband was helping some people in Texas a couple of weeks ago and brought me 2 loaves of their bread.  One loaf is gone and I am working on the second.  

• Like 2