Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Correct.  If your carrier supports Wi-Fi Calling (which I think all the major US ones do), when you're on Wi-Fi with it enabled, you can make/receive calls and texts anywhere in the world without any surcharges.

People just call or text your number like normal, and it gets routed to your phone via the internet.  I've done calls and texts from all over the Caribbean and the middle of the ocean, never had a single charge for it.

I learned about Wi-Fi calling here on CC about five or so years ago, and I've been using it ever since.  I just turn on Wi-Fi Calling and follow the steps to "register" the phone when I first get a new phone, and then I never turn it off.  I use it on cruises and at home.  

If you want to know how to set it up on your particular phone, just google the brand/type of phone, your carrier name, and Wi-Fi Calling ("android AT&T wifi calling" or "samsung Verizon wi-fi calling" or "iphone t-mobile wifi calling" or whatever). 

When you first turn it on, you have to register your home address so it knows how to route 911 calls, but that's a one-time setting.  If you're ever at someone else's house using their wifi to make a 911 call, you'd need to make sure what 911 call center you got routed to, but if your call gets routed through your cell service, it will automatically detect your location from the cell signal.  

Thanks. I know about WiFi calling and use it a lot as many locations in the hospital, as well as our school buildings, block my AT&T cell signal. I even use it at home even though I get cell service there. I didn't realize I could text from the ship with no charges. Great to know.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. I know about WiFi calling and use it a lot as many locations in the hospital, as well as our school buildings, block my AT&T cell signal. I even use it at home even though I get cell service there. I didn't realize I could text from the ship with no charges. Great to know.

She is saying there will be no carrier charges, you do need Voom though.

On 11/19/2022 at 7:21 AM, Arzeena said:

We go to any specialty dining venue after boarding and have them re arrange the reservations, so D + BOGO can be used on the days it can be used (day 1 or 2) and the package reservations go for later days.
Some people suggested to pre book individual restaurants you plan on going to, in cruise planner and then when you go let them know that you are using BOGO or TA's specialty dinner voucher and they will refund the difference as OBC or however you booked.
Both ways to do this have worked for us.

When and where are you cruising? I am very happy to see that you finally feel comfortable cruising.

@Arzeena, we are also D+. Will be on the HOS in April. Have never used the BOGO dining before but seriously thinking about using it. However, we prefer going to specialty dining in the middle part of our 7 nights cruise. Do you know if there's a way to book the BOGO requesting the specialty restaurant for Day 4 or Day 7? Will they accommodate? 
We are hoping to use it on Central Park 150. 
Thanks! 

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dr. Pepper is the state drink of Texas.

Yikes. To me, that stuff tastes purely medicinal. But, I have enjoyed any time I have been in Texas, including multiple stays for the training program in a large corporation I worked for, and subsequent vacation trips.

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We are feeling ok but We still have congestion in the sinus and head. Blowing my nose all the time and still doing some coughing. It's kind of frustrating that it has been lingering on.

I'm over a month since testing positive and still have a cough and some congestion.   Others at work that had covid in October all feel the same.   We're being told by others that had covid in the summer that it takes time before coughing stops.  Hang in there it won't last forever.   😍

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Yikes. To me, that stuff tastes purely medicinal. But, I have enjoyed any time I have been in Texas, including multiple stays for the training program in a large corporation I worked for, and subsequent vacation trips.

Oh I agree but I don't voice that opinion loudly where I live. 🤐

17 minutes ago, George C said:

I thought it was shiner bock beer .

I meant soft drinks. I know nothing about beer.

• Like 2