Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Evidently I have been using my card too much.  I got one of these, just after they rang up the big dinner bill. 

DEE903FE-72E6-4072-9D47-F16D538B322E.thumb.jpeg.b2e166637fada11a6127667cb1e0953f.jpeg

Maybe it was some of these excellent desserts the grandkids ordered. 

42B20A68-B558-4CEE-8AB0-3D98C44C6172.thumb.jpeg.ee2e5b242ab7f1701b3210e983aace4c.jpeg

03B62880-4FBD-4E95-9D31-B4FB12A34BAA.thumb.jpeg.da8a368bb8ec765f551eaf42d7576282.jpeg

I guess it is a good thing that they keep a close tab on any charges that seem out of the ordinary. 

At least they didn't call you Ricardo, then I would worry.

• Haha 8

38 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I woke up this morning feeling like I had the Flu or Pneumonia.I was coughing non stop and had chest pains from the coughs.I did not have an appetite and could not walk at all.Now I am feeling a lot better after using Tylenol ,AYR and Flonase.

I hope you have a good night's rest and feel better tomorrow.   Drink lots of water😀

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Coralc said:

😃 I will have to check how mine are set-up. My bank lets me charge happily away, and then when I go to pay the balance on bill pay, it flags it and says, "This amount is much larger than your usual payment". Duh, paying off cruises kind of runs the balance up. 🙄

I have a card I use at local gas station every week and this past month every time I went to use it I would get texted a fraud alert.   Credit card company couldn't figure out why as they could see it was a frequent location. 

Sometimes the alerts are nice, sometimes they are annoying but Better safe than sorry is what I say.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have a card I use at local gas station every week and this past month every time I went to use it I would get texted a fraud alert.   Credit card company couldn't figure out why as they could see it was a frequent location. 

Sometimes the alerts are nice, sometimes they are annoying but Better safe than sorry is what I say.

It might be a gas station with a previous history of credit card skimmer fraud. We have a lot of that here, and some of the banks have tagged the particular stations. It is not their (the GS) fault, and I don't know what alerting you in advance would actually do. ☺️ An off-brand station down the hill, actually had skimmers on 8 of their 12 pumps. And people kept receiving fraudulent charges after pumping gas at the station.  The state came in on that one. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

On 12/29/2022 at 9:51 AM, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is sunny and 44°F here in North East England.

Fortunately I haven't put any weight on over the last week's Christmas celebrations.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward now to the New year.

Wow well done Graham, finished up the turkey yesterday,  still have ham left.

Going back to 'slimming world' in Saturday, reckon I've put on 2kg😲

Unhappily I just have to eat normally to put on weight. 

Looking forward to starting a pilates course next week

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope you have a good night's rest and feel better tomorrow.   Drink lots of water😀

I was coughing all night ,non stop.I do not have an appetite and I cannot walk on my own even to the bathroom.I have a doctors appointment this afternoon.Thanks for your post,Debbie.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was coughing all night ,non stop.I do not have an appetite and I cannot walk on my own even to the bathroom.I have a doctors appointment this afternoon.Thanks for your post,Debbie.

Good luck at the doctor's Lenny.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Screenshot_20221224_110439.jpg

• Like 4

@Sunshine3601 I have researched the Garlic White Pizza.  Sounds good. When this was posted I didn't realize it was a pizza made with white sauce.   It sounds easy to make and the sauce sounds like it would be good on a lot of stuff. I usually use a garlicky red sauce.  Caden and I also like a garlic Pesto as a sauce.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I hope you are finally moving.  Maybe there are too many people driving to their cruises, after the airline meltdown. I know I am not looking forward to that drive back north next week. 

Thank you, Mark.  After sitting in 95 for over an hour and a half, we finally began moving...and here we always dread SC!.  So, we finally made it into SV and began calling hotels.  After 4 calls and being told all booked up, we finally got a room for the night.  Certainly not what we planned, but grateful to have gotten a bed to sleep in.

Your family sand sculptures are awesome!  I'm so happy for you all to be together for the Holidays!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Feel better, Lenny.  I hope it isn't something serious.  Good that you're seeing your Dr today.

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601 I have researched the Garlic White Pizza.  Sounds good. When this was posted I didn't realize it was a pizza made with white sauce.   It sounds easy to make and the sauce sounds like it would be good on a lot of stuff. I usually use a garlicky red sauce.  Caden and I also like a garlic Pesto as a sauce.

I always order my pizza with a white garlic alfredo sauce. It's easier on my stomach than a red sauce.

• Like 2

We’re on our way to PA for our 2nd Christmas and a New Years celebration.  Ali is riding down with us, so while she & Andy chat away I’m catching up on CC.  I’m hoping to watch my iPhone photo school module on photographing children so I can get some good ones this weekend.  
@Jimbo the floor looks great! Things are really coming along.  

@Luckynana I’m glad you finally got moving.  Hope the rest of the drive goes better. Just keep thinking about the warm weather!

I hope everyone who’s not feeling well gets better soon.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I always order my pizza with a white garlic alfredo sauce. It's easier on my stomach than a red sauce.

Have you ever tried a pesto pizza?  Not everyone likes pesto but I do.  It's another thing I put extra extra garlic in.

When I use a Tomato sauce I use a small amount of sauce on my pizza.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Back in the day when I was married and the hubster traveled for work, we would have trouble with using our cards when he was out of state.  The fraud system would shut us down if he got gas in one state around the time I got gas back home.  It was like the credit card company couldn't conceive of the fact that two people with their own card on the same account might not be permanently joined at the hip.  We finally just decide that he'd use a Visa for work stuff and I'd use a MasterCard because the bank was just too confused!

• Like 5

My wedding soup recipe is strait from my local church Catholic Exponent bi weekly newspaper 

Slow cooker on low

add 

1 box chicken broth 

1 pound chicken

1 bag fresh spinach

1 diced sweet onion 

3 diced celery 

1/3 bag frozen MiNI meatballs ( about20) 

1/3 cup shredded carrots 

after 5 hours

pull chicken out and shred 

Add

1/3 cup coos coos 

1/3 Parmesan cheese

stir in so cheese melts. 
Cook 30 more min 

ENJOY 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Back in the day when I was married and the hubster traveled for work, we would have trouble with using our cards when he was out of state.  The fraud system would shut us down if he got gas in one state around the time I got gas back home.  It was like the credit card company couldn't conceive of the fact that two people with their own card on the same account might not be permanently joined at the hip.  We finally just decide that he'd use a Visa for work stuff and I'd use a MasterCard because the bank was just too confused!

We used to have this happen too!    I would travel occasionally for work and the same thing would happen and we did the same thing - we split up who would use what card to avoid the problem.   

• Like 2

Another sunny and warm day in Florida.  Pool time, then it was off to the Rustic Inn Crabhouse for lunch.  That is one place that hasn’t raised their prices, at least not for their lunch special.  Friday, Shrimp, Shrimp and more Shrimp is still $13.95 including sides and drink. 

0D5E22BA-7CCE-4BA4-9B18-1B929CAD2AD4.thumb.jpeg.4a13832788e6e822ff1b03510e5cd2c2.jpeg

Then it was off to the beach in the afternoon for some more sand sculpting. Since it was afternoon, my California grandson was awake. 🤣🤣

92D03791-84E4-49FD-A5FF-96D7D903A6FA.thumb.jpeg.e2d7515d5e15c93a5e4576bc78ace076.jpeg

I say go big when you are building.  

Not sure where dinner is tonight.  Daughter is choosing. 

• Like 22