Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 1/13/2023 at 6:54 PM, Jimbo said:

Out with the Old and in with the New !

Photo of property at 2856 Atwoods Dr, Draper, VA 24324

Fireplace Redone

20230101_150224.jpg

Close Up of Countertop

20230107_102615.jpg

The told wall between Old Kitchen and Living Room was taken down

20230113_164245.jpg

Fridge in the Corner on an Angle

20230113_164256.jpg

Z-Line Gas Range

20230113_164307.jpg

Copper Sink isn't as Bright as Pictures  Appear

20230113_164321.jpg

Close Up of Copper Sink

20230113_164355.jpg

We Will Be able to sit at the end of the Island and still see the 85 Inch Tv .

20230113_164339.jpg

The positioning of the microwave really worked!

13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The positioning of the microwave really worked!

Yes, We are very pleased where we put it, The over the range Microwaves never worked that well for my Wife. She is only 4' 11" This one now is at the perfect height for her. Bottom of Microwave is 44 Inches off the floor and the top of it is 63 inches off the floor.

Some people questioned us and said it was to far away from the rest of the kitchen but it really isn't the island counter top is 10'  long by 6' wide and only  about 4' from the corner of the countertop and about 7' from the kitchen sink.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

What I find weird is one of the supermarkets I go to eggs went from under a dollar a dozen to 4.50 while a quart of egg whites sell for 4.50 same as always . My wife loves her egg white omelette with feta cheese that I make her. 

At our store, they are $5.99 a dozen, or $3.99 for a half dozen.  I pointed out the price to my wife, and she said she never looks at prices.

I think I may have solved a problem.  Well, maybe not solved as much as discovered the source.  🤣🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, George C said:

What I find weird is one of the supermarkets I go to eggs went from under a dollar a dozen to 4.50 while a quart of egg whites sell for 4.50 same as always . My wife loves her egg white omelette with feta cheese that I make her. 

I bought eggs yesterday,  I think $3.79 or $3.99/dozen.  Seems I got off easy.  It's amazing how much more I spend on food now, compared to pre covid.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

If anyone hears rumbling noises from the Galveston area, that's just me snoring. 

I've been up for 36+ hours straight, and I have a belly full of Buc-ee's pulled pork sammich and most of a bag of Beaver Nuggets.  I'm not sure if the Beaver Nuggets are supposed to imply that they're made of beaver meat, if they're beaver droppings, or if they're treats to feed a beaver.  Most of them look like battered fried shrimp!  LOL  

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, We are very pleased where we put it, The over the range Microwaves never worked that well for my Wife. She is only 4' 11" This one now is at the perfect height for her. Bottom of Microwave is 44 Inches off the floor and the top of it is 63 inches off the floor.

Some people questioned us and said it was to far away from the rest of the kitchen but it really isn't the island counter top is 10'  long by 6' wide and only  about 4' from the corner of the countertop and about 7' from the kitchen sink.

All the components and colors blend together very well.  I love the mirror over the fireplace.  Good choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

All the components and colors blend together very well.  I love the mirror over the fireplace.  Good choice.

I have to  admit I had my doubts, but my Wife kept telling me it was going to be okay. I wasn't so sure how the black countertop would look with the Brown Cabinets on the Island..........But with the black hardware it really puts out a statement and looks fine as does the  the black counter top and  black hardware on the off white cabinets by the range.

She did want a copper range hood to match the copper sink but those things were crazy high priced.

We really like the  bricks we selected to for the walls, fireplace and floor. 😉 Both Bricks go well with the 2 different color of cabinets.

My pictures aren't the greatest, the whole kitchen looks even better in person..............and compared to what we had, this is a major change. Our Kitchen was really dated, as our house was built in 2008.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My mom had a 77 Chevette where the door for the glove box and the cigarette lighter were optional....she didn't pay for them. 

My aunt and uncle had one too. Copper in colour, 4 door and stick shift. I drove it before the told me it had manual drum brakes. After the first stop sign I adjusted my driving, but thank god for downshifting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

My aunt and uncle had one too. Copper in colour, 4 door and stick shift. I drove it before the told me it had manual drum brakes. After the first stop sign I adjusted my driving, but thank god for downshifting. 

Two door cream with the optional orange racing stripe, standard.  First car I drove.  The only good thing was duct tape could fix most of its problems. 

• Haha 8

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been over researching rather I want to build another computer or get a laptop.  I want it most for editing.  I am about 95% sure I will be going laptop and then maybe by a large screen to attach it to. The big change I am almost sold on a MacBook Pro.  I will need to relearn a lot of short cuts. 

I have been a windows user all of my computer years.   I don't think I would like the challenge of learning mac at this point.    I went with a HP that has Intel XeGraphics card with 4K UHD and an Intel core i5, windows 11, microsoft 365.   I synched it with my phone, not sure if I like that feature yet.   

I have some setting adjustments I need to make such as the keyboard is very sensitive.   

Best of all I bought I new purple and white mouse on amazon to arrive tomorrow.😁

• Like 9

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I remember when radios were an optional extra. I’m old!

LOL....I hear you. I haven't bought a new car in 27 years, and so when I started looking at vehicles manufactured in the 21st century, the newer technology required a bit of a learning curve. Fanciest thing on my car is cornering lights that go on with the turn signals - no GPS / navigational equipment, back-up camera, US ports, etc.  DW and I have only ever bought 4 cars between us in our 42 years of marriage. She still has her '97 Jeep and I have my '95 Riviera - both bought right off the lot - have never "ordered" a car - a prospect I'm looking at to get a new hybrid. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Granted, but my '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee has a cassette and CD player...you don't find either of those anymore!  😉 

When CDs came out I could not imagine what could possibly come along to replace them. I guess no one else could either. They simply disappeared. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They simply disappeared. 

True enough! Remember 8-tracks?  When I was in college my Dad had rigged up a bracket and mounting and installed an 8-track player. Man, I thought that was the bomb...

History repeats itself...look at the resurgence of vinyl. I've sold off several of my vintage vinyl collection on eBay  - sometimes for a good buck depending on what it is. 

All this can lead to a discussion on the whole analog vs digital debate. Everytime I listen to vinyl I can understand the argument that it is a "warmer" sound. Even when I transfer vinyl to digital, I sort of like hearing the old 'ticks' and 'pops' or the sound of the stylus coming down on the record. Still have my Pioneer direct-drive turntable and Kenwood receiver (big, heavy component) - both bought in '76. Have a Pioneer double-cassette deck also, and combo VCR /DVD player. I still use my '03 imac too since I like the old "Pictureproject" software as well as the older version of garageband to do my guitar recordings. What can I say...old school all the way. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I bought eggs yesterday,  I think $3.79 or $3.99/dozen.  Seems I got off easy.  It's amazing how much more I spend on food now, compared to pre covid.  

Yes, you sure did get off easy.     The cheapest at my local Shoprite today was $4.99 and they were sold out...the next available was $5.79 and the most expensive was $9.49   Which I don't understand why anyone would buy those. 

One of the stock girls that has worked there for many years said she heard they could soon be $10 a dozen.     That's crazy!   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I remember when there was one speaker in the car for the radio. My present car has eleven including the subwoffer. 

I have a storage shelf of car audio equipment in the basement. At one point I had two 15” subs, then four 12” subs, and at the end two 12” subs along with a long list of equipment. I used to travel the states competing in a car audio league/circuit. Even went to South Carolina twice to compete in the finals.

Now I just run stock radios, similar to what you have now. Oh, when I was young. 

• Like 4

@CoralcHow are things out your way?   

I ordered cat food from chewy last Saturday and never arrived.   Today I checked into the delivery status and says it has not yet shipped from their Sacramento location.        Looks like that area got hit pretty hard and may continue to have issues with more storms on their way.    

Hope you Stay Safe!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Debbie. It is very, very wet. Even wetter than last time I complained about wet. It rained all day today, at times very heavy. There is a lot more localized flooding, and more roads and highways are closed by flooding or landslides or sinkholes. Sacramento area, and Monterey have been hit pretty hard. I think Sacramento has a lot of trees down and power outages. We are still fine. Hopefully, we are supposed to get a break later next week. Thanks for asking. We haven't floated away yet. ☺️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

When CDs came out I could not imagine what could possibly come along to replace them. I guess no one else could either. They simply disappeared. 

When my wife bought her outback last year we paid extra for them to add a CD player . I always play cd rather than radio in my 2010 car love my 6 cd changer .

• Like 7

4 hours ago, akcruz said:

Thanks, we did put in GE profile microwave and range 2 years and so far happy with them.  A friend just put in a Bosch dishwasher and she hates it.  Said it does a great job, so quiet you only know it's on due to the light on the floor, but loads horribly and dies take a long time to run.  She did lots of research but never heard about the loading issues.  Trying to avoid that.

No problem with pics I couldn't take any of mine right now, had the professional pics from our listing, they did so good was hard to believe it was our house.

Our house had a Bosch dishwasher when we bought it.  The first appliance we replaced because while it was quiet it was a pain to load.  Way too much space was taken up with the silverware basket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have a storage shelf of car audio equipment in the basement. At one point I had two 15” subs, then four 12” subs, and at the end two 12” subs along with a long list of equipment. I used to travel the states competing in a car audio league/circuit. Even went to South Carolina twice to compete in the finals.

Now I just run stock radios, similar to what you have now. Oh, when I was young. 

Wow that’s cool. I too was a car audio junkie. I had a 4 door Nissan Maxima with all Alpine equipment including FM/AM tuner, CD, Tape and EQ with all Infinity speakers and 2 12” subs behind the fold down back seats. I had it all amplified separately with over 250 watts.

Even though I had a security system my car had 5 attempted break ins. The 6th time they figured out how to bypass the alarm and stole everything. I never did a custom audio system ever again only stock.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1