Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, George C said:

Joebob is now with his sister Gracie , he was struggling to breathe before he left us , he was 16. 

Let me add my condolences on the passing of your sweet Joebob.

58 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you. The hotel we stayed at in St Lucia had a hilltop villa where the entire 4th wall could be opened to the balcony for this view. Not a bad view to wake up to, if you didn't mind sharing living quarters with a few birds and cute, colorful, little lizards.  Beds had a mosquito net should it get to buggy, which is never did. Just added to the "rustic, nature luxury" of the resort.

The photo is off the internet since the 30 yo pictures I have didn't scan very well but this is almost the identical view.

anse-chastanet.thumb.jpg.b433e683761ac2f3e2391874af6aff38.jpg

Just....WOW!

• Like 2

This happened tonight. Second year in a row, with 89.75% Hard earned with 100% effort. 

What Owen, you couldn’t get an extra .25 in gym. 😂 

Hockey starts at 9:30 to 11:20.  I have pick-up duty tonight. 

IMG_2498.thumb.jpeg.0ba6dd385770c25ccb1d13ec527a1d95.jpeg

IMG_2497.thumb.jpeg.b7eaebf289c39a35e3814755065a1059.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Oh wow that looks beautiful! What hotel is this? Ladera?

Anse Chastanet,    https://ansechastanet.com/

At the time, it was one of the few resorts on that side of St. Lucia which was still a bit new to the tourism game 30 years ago. It was built in such a way as to blend in with the hillside jungle. Very secluded, very quiet & perfectly romantic and most of all, relaxing which was much needed. We had done all the partying & usual activities 1 week earlier in Antigua.

EDIT: Just saw your post about having 2nd thoughts on the catamaran excursion.  If it's for snorkeling, do it. The snorkeling is amazing. At least, 30 years ago it was. And it was only my 2nd time ever, the first being a week earlier in Antigua.  Maybe read some current reviews by experienced people.

🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

On 11/14/2023 at 2:52 PM, HBE4 said:

That sounds like a really excellent itinerary. Antigua & St. Lucia was our honeymoon spot, 6 days each, 30 years ago this month. Also this month, 1 year since the passing of DW.   Oddly, both simultaneously seem so distant time-wise and yet so recent.

Do you have any excursions planned for either island?

Just catching up on this thread after to long...  Just saw your post.  Thoughts and prayers.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone else notice? more and more people on this thread are cruising  on other cruiselines then Royal  Caribbean?

Wow thanks Jimbo… such a helpful and insightful comment.  I am pretty certain this thread, is the perfect indicator for Royals success or failures.

lord

j

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, George C said:

Joebob is now with his sister Gracie , he was struggling to breathe before he left us , he was 16. 

Sorry I am late but I too echo the same sentiments regarding the loss of your beloved family member. I am so sorry. May Joebob rest in peace and you and your family have peace of mind of the many great memories.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

This happened tonight. Second year in a row, with 89.75% Hard earned with 100% effort. 

What Owen, you couldn’t get an extra .25 in gym. 😂 

Hockey starts at 9:30 to 11:20.  I have pick-up duty tonight. 

IMG_2498.thumb.jpeg.0ba6dd385770c25ccb1d13ec527a1d95.jpeg

IMG_2497.thumb.jpeg.b7eaebf289c39a35e3814755065a1059.jpeg

Congratulations wished to Owen and his wonderful family.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Apparently the magical gold dust was unleashed last night.

The TS thread still exists but the Allure cabin thread appears to be no more. I didn’t get past the “news” article when I saw who shared it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Anse Chastanet,    https://ansechastanet.com/

At the time, it was one of the few resorts on that side of St. Lucia which was still a bit new to the tourism game 30 years ago. It was built in such a way as to blend in with the hillside jungle. Very secluded, very quiet & perfectly romantic and most of all, relaxing which was much needed. We had done all the partying & usual activities 1 week earlier in Antigua.

EDIT: Just saw your post about having 2nd thoughts on the catamaran excursion.  If it's for snorkeling, do it. The snorkeling is amazing. At least, 30 years ago it was. And it was only my 2nd time ever, the first being a week earlier in Antigua.  Maybe read some current reviews by experienced people.

🙂

It is not a snorkel excursion per se, it is a coastal cruise and then they give you some swim time in the bay at Marigot, if one wishes to. I am one of those who will stay put.
Yes, I have heard "best snorkeling ever" reports from hubby and the others, but I am not a snorkeler. I have been there many times before and loved it. So just wanted to go for the ride.

Anse Chastenet is gorgeous. I am happy you have wonderful memories of time well spent.

• Like 4

So last night instead of driving home from babysitting in Oxford Ohio. My son in law treated me to a field pass with access to everything at the stadium at the Miami of Ohio vs. Buffalo season football game. 

IMG_2688.thumb.jpeg.caf5dcc3dfd2949ee21d0ed752778dd4.jpeg

So I bundled up in my warm clothes

IMG_2694.thumb.png.cc5d70ae56b9ef6124f0d346e865a144.png

and with my daughter Christina and granddaughter Zoey we headed off. 

IMG_2693.thumb.jpeg.03f576a751bf640eb71d2d8f3f931a11.jpeg

Did I say it was cold. Well it was. 

Now much was on the line and if Miami won they clinched the east conference and are playing for the championship in Detroit in December. 

Well:

IMG_2698.thumb.png.dd2a577e09de7dc36f37bb3bb0b2806d.png

Already have our tickets and hotel reservations. 

Went to bed at 2am. Drove home this morning left there at 4am. 

Yup. A tad tired after 2 hours sleep. 

Taking a Power Nap before my 11:00 am. Appointment. 

Be safe. 

• Like 16

I am so far behind, that I am going to try and catch up this morning.  Sorry if I miss anyone.

@dani negreanu Dani, I was so sorry to read about Anthony.  I am thinking of you and what is going on, and am glad to see you are still posting. 

@Ocean Boy Ocean Boy, remind me again what is in your Odyssey cocktail.  It looks good.

@taznremmy  Pat, sorry to see that picture of your knee all wrapped, from your mishap on your Hawaii cruise.  Hope it is not too bad by the time you get back to SF.

@HBE4 Sorry to read it is the 1 year anniversary of the passing of your wife.  And, @molly361, sorry to see it is 2 years since the passing of your husband.   Strength to both of you. 

@George C Sorry to read about Joebob. 

@A&L_Ont congratulations to Owen for his academic excellence.  It is always great to see the kids do well.

ok, I think I am caught up now. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4