Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Anyway, I believe I heard about Bearded Clam from Ellen (Molly) who had posted it some while back.

Haven't seen her posts for a while. Hope she is OK.

I saw that she had reacted to a couple of posts earlier today. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Someday,hopefully.One is Ulcerative Colitis .I was diagnosed in 2004 .While I still have the illness I have not had it bad since 2013.I have to follow a diet and do not eat foods that can cause problems.I have had 7;skin cancer surgeries.Will there ever be a cure for that ,I do not know .I stay out of the sun whenever I am outside.I have Post Traumatic Vertigo I get attacks several times a year.I have Fuchs Dystrophy and will need a Corneal Transplant at some point .I have Occular Migraines and I am fine if I do not drink alcohol or eat chocolate.I have had many surgeries for Spinal Stenosis .I could go on but I think you understand my points of reference.

Thank you for being so open and sharing some of the medical issues.  Hopefully that will satisfy the inquisitive minds. 🙂

• Haha 1

Interesting thing. We are packing to move. Oh My Gosh! Packing is awful 🙄 with all of these years of accumulated stuff. We are doing the standard, discard, donate, sell, cleanout. We were going through stuff in the garage from my childhood bedroom. There was a "Yellow Submarine" type plastic trinket box. See. I am tying it into the Beatles/60's connection. Although this was from the early 70's. My vote was to toss it. Bill said wait. Let me look it up. He sells on eBay. 

And within minutes of posting it, he already had offers. Absolutely amazing. 😄 It is some rare thing from the Ridiculous Box Company and there are collectors. Who knew? Anyway, it sold for $150.00. (for a plastic box? ☺️) OrangeBox.thumb.jpg.f728b91bcd450a3cd94b05bd2e54648f.jpg

Major kudos to Bill, who can apparently spot a thing, among my now vintage items. 😄

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Interesting thing. We are packing to move. Oh My Gosh! Packing is awful 🙄 with all of these years of accumulated stuff. We are doing the standard, discard, donate, sell, cleanout. We were going through stuff in the garage from my childhood bedroom. There was a "Yellow Submarine" type plastic trinket box. See. I am tying it into the Beatles/60's connection. Although this was from the early 70's. My vote was to toss it. Bill said wait. Let me look it up. He sells on eBay. 

And within minutes of posting it, he already had offers. Absolutely amazing. 😄 It is some rare thing from the Ridiculous Box Company and there are collectors. Who knew? Anyway, it sold for $150.00. (for a plastic box? ☺️) OrangeBox.thumb.jpg.f728b91bcd450a3cd94b05bd2e54648f.jpg

Major kudos to Bill, who can apparently spot a thing, among my now vintage items. 😄

Well done Bill!  But is it just me that thinks this is tad creepy?

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Happy  Chinese New Year to all!

You beat me to it.  Happy Lunar New Year, and the start of the Year of the Dragon. 

I am one of those old guys, born in the year of the dragon, as were both of my grandsons.  My daughter-in-law’s parents brought us a few items, when they visited from China, this dragon being one. 

IMG_0640.thumb.jpeg.3d08fb6d2b5dd448f7500605b64cd9d3.jpeg

Unfortunately, they have not been here since the pre-Covid days. I remember their excitement over their grandson being a dragon baby.  

• Like 11

11 hours ago, Keksie said:

The kitchen is almost finished.   A few little touches and putting everything up and it will be finished.

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks great! I love how open it makes it.

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nice!  Everything looks Great.   I really like the new countertop and the openness.  I hope you enjoy the new flow and having additional countertop.

Karen @Keksie

+ 3 , I like the colors (before and after).

We have the same colors in our bath, bedroom and living room😁

image.thumb.jpeg.bf624430475099a417b1cfd05382f68b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.47106b623cf9b65b725edb0a36aa5ba7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7d2eaf73118bd4b232877b5ca3db68da.jpeg

• Like 14

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Anyway, I believe I heard about Bearded Clam from Ellen (Molly) who had posted it some while back.

Haven't seen her posts for a while. Hope she is OK.

I'm here and okay thanks for thinking of me. I  was just at the Bearded Clam last week and will be there again at the end of the month :classic_biggrin:

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not good...

20240209_234207.thumb.jpg.236750f6323477c7b508bf10ad8084a1.jpg

Burnt and looks greasy, and not like the play. 

You need more booze and call it Jade.  With those changes you might make it to the end or fall asleep with it on your lap. 😂

• Haha 5

23 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We've been in Dec. 2018 for one day and 2 nights, before a cruise. I was very lucky to get the cheapest room at MSB, booked more than an year ahead. It gave us access to the pool on the roof, with amazing views, mainly at night.

For those who do not "live" there, the only option to see the views is the Roof Bar. I highly recommend it for an once in a life time experience. We had our roll call there, the vast majority of participants didn't "live" in the hotel.

For our short stay, we enjoyed the Gardens by the Bay, at night and in the morning. I went to a mall to buy my daily Dead Sea moisturizer, which I forgot home, while DH went to take pictures of a colorful neighborhood (Emerald Hill Road).

I wish we had more time to see the Botanical Gardens (always a favorite for us) and the Orchids. OTOH, the oppressive heat and the very high humidity "killed" us...

Thank you Dani, wow Marina Bay, I can only dream, think its £750 a night while we are there. 

Do you recommend just the viewing platform of MBS or the rooftop bar. And we're you there at dusk? Did you have to book the bar in advance?

23 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Visit the National Orchid Garden within the Botanic Gardens

Go to Gardens by the Bay.  Take the free short open bus tour first to get an overview of the site. Go in the afternoon and explore the indoor Cloud Dome & the indoor Flower Dome.  Then Eat at the onsite hawker market - Satay by the Bay - so you can stay for the evening light show at the Supertrees.  An absolute must see.

Go to Clarke Quay for an early dinner then go on a bumboat ride - you cruise under the illuminated bridges & see the Spectra  light fountain show outside the Marina Bay Sands Hotel.

Ride the cable car to Sentosa Island.  Lots to see and do there for the day.  Catch the monorail back to Singapore.

Have dinner at one of the hawker markets that is closest to your hotel.  Good cheap food.  Nice atmosphere.

Thank you, taking notes !! We're staying close to Clarke Quay

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'll add that the Singapore Metro (called the MRT...Mass Rapid Transit) is VERY clean and felt like the safest Metro that I've ever ridden.  It's a very easy way to get around.

Thank you, did you get a three day card or just tap in and out with debit card ?  The nearest MRT is about 500 yards from our hotel

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

If you and Gary are interested in WWII history, “battlebox” at Fort Canning Hill is an underground bunker where the decision to surrender to the Japanese was made.  We had a small guided tour and it was fascinating.  Soon after we visited they closed the site for renovations.  I just checked the website - they currently have a soft opening - so there are reviews online.  Official opening next week.

Gary is VERY interested . Do will defo put this on the list . We don't leave for another 10 days 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Tha National Trust is doing a great job maintaining the winter garden.  The Snow Bells look great.

Mine not so much although they are a couple weeks early. The spring like weather (high 50s F) has tricked then into an early bloom. Plus I do absolutely nothing to care for them.

20240209_103526.thumb.jpg.c03b18f961233b3b9eb6a88fbd3648fd.jpg

We call them snowdrops over here. Apparently this year is a bumper year for them. 

There were loads of other bulbs coming up which will look beautiful in a few weeks,  also a drift of early daffs in bloom 

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Luckynana said:

One of our daughters lived in St. Mary's, Ga.,  when her husband was on the Nuclear Subs there.

We visited the St. Marys historic downtown area shortly after moving here.  Not much there, other than a few historic homes and the ferry to Cumberland Island (which we've still not done...on the list).  If we are lucky, we can see a sub sailing in or out to sea at the northern end of our island, in the St. Marys River.  I say lucky because they don't announce when this happens...you just have to be at the State Park there at the right time.  I've been told that boaters on that part of the river will occassionally be told (not asked) to temporarily move out of the area without explanation, although everyone knows what that means.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thank you, did you get a three day card or just tap in and out with debit card ?  The nearest MRT is about 500 yards from our hotel

I was there twice but traveling on business both times.  We typically took a taxi (expense report 😁) and only used the MRT a few times.  I don't remember exactly but I think we just bought single trip tickets.  My last time there was in 2016 and I don't remember there being an option to tap a card at the time.  I'm sure that option must exist now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Karen @Keksie

+ 3 , I like the colors (before and after).

We have the same colors in our bath, bedroom and living room😁

image.thumb.jpeg.bf624430475099a417b1cfd05382f68b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.47106b623cf9b65b725edb0a36aa5ba7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7d2eaf73118bd4b232877b5ca3db68da.jpeg

I didn't want to change the cabinets since I liked the wood.  I like your dresser.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good evening.  It’s been a very pleasant Saturday in Sydney with a nice sea breeze.

Dad has grown cucumelon for the first time (& has decided he doesn’t like them). FCA58463-B5A4-4774-95DB-6EBEDF49A20D.thumb.jpeg.16d26c15bb692df97a410a0a6b67406d.jpeg

I have never heard of a cucumelon.   What color is the inside?  Taste?

His tomatoes look delicious.

I cannot wait to get my hands dirty in a garden again.    

We decided to wait until we are home from our March cruise to start growing our vegetable seeds.   We both agreed we started them too early last year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have never heard of a cucumelon.   What color is the inside?  Taste?

His tomatoes look delicious.

I cannot wait to get my hands dirty in a garden again.    

We decided to wait until we are home from our March cruise to start growing our vegetable seeds.   We both agreed we started them too early last year.

Debbie is it on the Anthem?itinerary?