Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Owen’s team won tonight, 5-1 over the 4th place team. Their team was 8th until this win.  

One of the parents happened to film Owen’s goal tonight.  His is number 12, and gets the puck passed to him after it comes out of our end from behind the net. Bar down, top corner. Lots of practice over the years to get this. Owen is currently the team leader in points. 

• Like 23

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I understand.   We were considering downsizing a few years back.  After awhile we both started remembering back of the other times we moved.  At that point we decided to stay put.  We didn't want to experience moving again!

Do you feel obligated to simplify "stuff" so that your kids don't inherit a mess one day? I have a tough time letting go of things. Woukd love feedback.

40 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen’s team won tonight, 5-1 over the 4th place team. Their team was 8th until this win.  

One of the parents happened to film Owen’s goal tonight.  His is number 12, and gets the puck passed to him after it comes out of our end from behind the net. Bar down, top corner. Lots of practice over the years to get this. Owen is currently the team leader in points. 

Great video! Congrats to Owen and the team.

• Like 1

Is anyone else not getting notifications from cruise critic?   Haven’t received any for the last couple days, so I fear my email inbox will be bombarded again when they start again. 

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Yesterday afternoon while I was in the pool talking to someone, I looked up and saw a lot of black smoke.  A jet airplane with 5 people onboard, crashed about a mile from us on I-75.  Sadly, the two pilots onboard died in the crash. 3 people survived.  The plane was heading to the Naples airport, but lost both engines.  This tragedy could have been so much worse.  I feel the pilots were real heroes, avoiding the many communities in our area.  May they Rest in Peace.🙏

How awful Maryann.  It very could have been much worse though if not for the actions of the pilots.  

40 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Is anyone else not getting notifications from cruise critic?   Haven’t received any for the last couple days, so I fear my email inbox will be bombarded again when they start again. 

I have email notifications turned off so that’s not an issue.  A few days ago, I stopped getting notifications (the little bell in the upper right hand corner) for new comments on the few threads I follow.  I wish they’d correct it because now when I go to each thread I have to search for where I left off instead of clicking on the notification which would take me right there.  

• Like 4

My notification emails were coming in for every post, on every thread I follow, and now, nothing.  Before, it would even send me an email when a new topic was posted, so I could see if it was anything I wanted to follow.

I keep about 15 tabs open on my iPad with the ones I follow, so I have to go in each of those now to see if anything new has been posted.   My iPhone, I know I have to change a browser setting, because they automatically close if I haven’t visited one of those tabs in the last 24 hours.

15 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We've been home about 15 minutes and hanging with our fur babies. Happy to be home with them. I have a feeling @Ocean Boy is still on the ship.

I am just about to leave the cabin and walk off. I have a later flight so no rush. Time to go home.

• Like 13

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

WOW!    Very nice.  Doesn't look anything like the first car I bought a couple months before I turned 16.      I'm sure all his friends will love his new wheels.    I wish him the best.

Mom and Dad will feel better knowing he has a new car with minimal chance of breaking down. 

My first car was a Triumph Herald soft top. I thought I was the bees knees with the top down.

I think I was 19.  I started work full time as a secretary at 17. My parents had saved some money in an account for me that helped buy it

Owen's car is fabulous 👌 

And congrats on his ice hockey win 🏆 👏 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

Do you feel obligated to simplify "stuff" so that your kids don't inherit a mess one day? I have a tough time letting go of things. Woukd love feedback.

No.  When we moved my husband said to bring it all and I told my son it would be his one day.  He can have an auction sale.  Of course the three big sheds in back with my husband's tractors may take a bit.  I enjoy my home as it is and don't see a reason to change.  We do have good wills that cover everything.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

but I had sudden thought yesterday as I watched another plane pass over us - DH could take up plane spotting as a hobby (or maybe I will….).

Gary has an app on his phone which tells which aircraft is flying overhead even if its just a speak in the sky.

Though we're 30 miles from Heathrow we're on the flight path for landing so depending which runway is being used they go over every couple of minutes 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Gary has an app on his phone which tells which aircraft is flying overhead even if its just a speak in the sky.

Though we're 30 miles from Heathrow we're on the flight path for landing so depending which runway is being used they go over every couple of minutes 

FlightAware works well for this.  They have an app and it works in a browser.  It's like MarineTraffic for planes.  It's amazing to see how many planes are in the sky at any point in time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

FlightAware works well for this.  They have an app and it works in a browser.  It's like MarineTraffic for planes.  It's amazing to see how many planes are in the sky at any point in time.

Flightradar24 is a good app to see what is over your house now.  You can click on the plane or helicopter and see what it is and its flight path.  We have a lot of med flights that go over our house on the way to a major trauma center near us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yes, I am 100% on my iphone all the time.  they are sporadically coming through but most are not showing up in the notifications “bell” on my phone .  Emails for some but mostly not coming through.  Something is up with notifications for sure.  Following certain Lives and followed them … no notifications at all but when i check the thread i’m 3 pages behind.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

How awful Maryann.  It very could have been much worse though if not for the actions of the pilots.  

I have email notifications turned off so that’s not an issue.  A few days ago, I stopped getting notifications (the little bell in the upper right hand corner) for new comments on the few threads I follow.  I wish they’d correct it because now when I go to each thread I have to search for where I left off instead of clicking on the notification which would take me right there.  

I just click on the blue dot or blue star in front of the thread title and it brings me to where I last left off in a thread.  It is a blue dot if you haven't posted in the thread or a blue star if you have posted.  If there is no blue dot or star, you are all caught up on the thread. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am just about to leave the cabin and walk off. I have a later flight so no rush. Time to go home.

Safe travels - thanks for sharing.  I know you have really enjoyed Odessey.   Do you still feel the same about Odessey after this cruise?  

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Flightradar24 is a good app to see what is over your house now.  You can click on the plane or helicopter and see what it is and its flight path.  We have a lot of med flights that go over our house on the way to a major trauma center near us.

Glad to know I’m not the only plane geek out there 😁 I always have to check whenever I hear a plane or helicopter flying over my house. Agree that it’s amazing to see how many aircraft are in the sky at any given time, especially near the major population centers. Tremendous respect for all the air traffic controllers who keep the skies safe.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, sgmn said:

What is the name of the app?