Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

What does this have to do with clutter? Well, my Christmas decorations and both Christmas trees are stored in the attic. And since I couldn't put them away & I didn't want a bunch of boxes cluttering the house, I left all the decorations and both trees up.  Yep - house was still fully decorated up to yesterday & I kept both trees lit. Nothing sadder than an unlit tree. Finally putting everything away & returning the house to normal. 🙂

I'm pretty sure I'm the last one to take down their tree. 😉

All of mine got put away last week. I hate how the house seems so empty and lifeless now. My storage area is mainly my 3rd car garage. Seven trees get stored here.

IMG_4076.thumb.jpeg.408ae747c0c49d6e81778c49b4be3d44.jpeg

I also have 3 more trees stored in my basement storage area. Needless to say I do love Christmas.

• Like 12

13 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

Do you feel obligated to simplify "stuff" so that your kids don't inherit a mess one day? I have a tough time letting go of things. Woukd love feedback.

No obligation here.  If we stop using something we don't mind letting others take it to use.

It's been awhile but I remember the last time we moved we had several help us.  As we emptied the attic we would yell out,  who wants this.  No matter how much we give away things still seem to pile up!

One thing that will help the kids is we finally got our wills done.  Something we put off to long.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Speaking of clutter, I finally had my pull-down attic stair case replaced. It had started to break at the end of December & became unsafe to use. As far as I know, it's the original which would make it 60 years old and it felt like it was made of toothpicks and sawdust. It was always creaking & groaning whenever I'd use it to go into the attic and it finally gave way at the end of last year. Wood started to crack, hinges bent out of shape & one of the springs snapped off. I had to prop it close with a pole saw. Now I have a nice, new sturdy aluminum pull down ladder with a 375 pound weight limit. 

What does this have to do with clutter? Well, my Christmas decorations and both Christmas trees are stored in the attic. And since I couldn't put them away & I didn't want a bunch of boxes cluttering the house, I left all the decorations and both trees up.  Yep - house was still fully decorated up to yesterday & I kept both trees lit. Nothing sadder than an unlit tree. Finally putting everything away & returning the house to normal. 🙂

I'm pretty sure I'm the last one to take down their tree. 😉

Well , you are wrong! Our sad unlit Christmas tree is still up . It is now our resident large artificial houseplant 😄
I ask my husband every weekend if he is going to take down the tree and he wants to keep it up another week.  

Edited by NHProud
  • Haha 9

Need some Samsung Phone info.

My Wife's phone Samsung S10 seemed to have taken a crap. Buttons don't do much at all, she also has a small minor crack in the lower front corner.

Saw some deals on the Xfinity site which we have our Mobile plans on, 2 phones for $63.00 so looking at Xfinity to get a deal on new phone for both of us.

They show Samsung Galaxy's   S24 Ultra, S24 + and just a regular Galaxy S24.................so would just a regular Galaxy S24 just be good enough. Don't do much on the phone, but make calls and text and take a few pictures.

S24 Ultra is $33.33 for 24 months with a phone trade in

S24 +    is $20.83 for 24 months with phone trade in.

Regular S24 is $15.00 for 24 months with trade in

Trick is all the trade in are for working phone, which mine is okay, her turns on but doesn't function right, so I'm guessing she couldn't get the same deal as mine. Anyone know just how this works when trading in phones.

Would like to stay with Xfinity since we  are only paying $63.00 for 2 phones. (Xfinity uses Verizon Towers)

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Need some Samsung Phone info.

My Wife's phone Samsung S10 seemed to have taken a crap. Buttons don't do much at all, she also has a small minor crack in the lower front corner.

Saw some deals on the Xfinity site which we have our Mobile plans on, 2 phones for $63.00 so looking at Xfinity to get a deal on new phone for both of us.

They show Samsung Galaxy's   S24 Ultra, S24 + and just a regular Galaxy S24.................so would just a regular Galaxy S24 just be good enough. Don't do much on the phone, but make calls and text and take a few pictures.

S24 Ultra is $33.33 for 24 months with a phone trade in

S24 +    is $20.83 for 24 months with phone trade in.

Regular S24 is $15.00 for 24 months with trade in

Trick is all the trade in are for working phone, which mine is okay, her turns on but doesn't function right, so I'm guessing she couldn't get the same deal as mine. Anyone know just how this works when trading in phones.

Would like to stay with Xfinity since we  are only paying $63.00 for 2 phones. (Xfinity uses Verizon Towers)

I'm not sure what you mean by "not functioning right". I know some companies don't put any limit on the phone's condition but I don't know anything about Xfinity.

As far as the phone, I have an S22. For what you want to use it for I think the S24 would be more than adequate. The S24+ is only going to give you a somewhat larger screen size. The S24 Ultra will give you an even larger screen and improved camera processing. However, I am perfectly happy with my S22 camera and have never wished that I had gone with the plus or ultra. I prefer having a smaller phone which was why I did not go with the plus or ultra. Hope that helps.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "not functioning right". I know some companies don't put any limit on the phone's condition but I don't know anything about Xfinity.

As far as the phone, I have an S22. For what you want to use it for I think the S24 would be more than adequate. The S24+ is only going to give you a somewhat larger screen size. The S24 Ultra will give you an even larger screen and improved camera processing. However, I am perfectly happy with my S22 camera and have never wished that I had gone with the plus or ultra. I prefer having a smaller phone which was why I did not go with the plus or ultra. Hope that helps.

Actually from what my Wife read the S24 is about the same size but just a little thicker then what we have now, the S10.

Phone turns on with the button on the right, but you can't swipe the screen to get off that opening page with the time and and date.

Even when I use that same button on the right to Power down or restart, the screen comes on but when I press Power off or restart nothing happens.

Phone still charges, but after charging, the power never goes down , stays on 100 percent.

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

If they win the parade would be that day. Ok by me as I would not be attending anyway with my knee.

After KC won in 2020 we happened upon a parade we didn't know was going to happen. 

image.thumb.png.61c077b35606ec53d032ea38e4919852.png

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

After KC won in 2020 we happened upon a parade we didn't know was going to happen. 

image.thumb.png.61c077b35606ec53d032ea38e4919852.png

I remember you posting that. I’m sure that was a neat thing to see. Hopefully it repeats.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

My son is an only child and we do not want to leave him dealing with all our stuff either.  We have been purging stuff for the last couple of years but have a long way to go.  When we moved into this house, my mother in law also moved in with us.  A lot of stuff was put in the attic to deal with later and still sits there over twenty years later.  The plan was to clear that stuff out as we were clearing out my son's stuff when he bought his house.  Well, housing prices has my son still here.  At this rate, he might end up buying this house from us when his Dad retires in five years.  Then, he might just get stuck with it all. 😄 

I'm an only child too. For all parents, it would be greatly appreciated if we didn't inherit a house FULL of stuff. It is going on six years, and we are still trying to clean out my mom's house. I have no idea how my mom accumulated so much stuff. 20 quilted Christmas placemats with matching napkins? At least 50 non holiday placemats and napkins? She lived pretty much alone, and her table seats 4, maybe 6 with the leaf in. And then there are the spare appliances and fixtures in the basement. And the full closets. She has a jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom, and an extra pink one in the basement. 🙄 She had an idea that she would build a live in unit in the basement. That was after we told her we didn't want a pool table down there. 

I pleaded with her to get rid of some of it while she was alive. She laughed, and said, "You will probably want to kill me over all the stuff, if I wasn't already dead." And she's right. I have been very annoyed sometimes in this long process. 

We don't have any kids and will probably leave most everything to Bill's two younger brothers. We are paring down and getting rid of a lot of stuff. We will get rid of even more, if/when we move again. We don't need so much stuff. 😊

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I'm an only child too. For all parents, it would be greatly appreciated if we didn't inherit a house FULL of stuff. It is going on six years, and we are still trying to clean out my mom's house. I have no idea how my mom accumulated so much stuff. 20 quilted Christmas placemats with matching napkins? At least 50 non holiday placemats and napkins? She lived pretty much alone, and her table seats 4, maybe 6 with the leaf in. And then there are the spare appliances and fixtures in the basement. And the full closets. She has a jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom, and an extra pink one in the basement. 🙄 She had an idea that she would build a live in unit in the basement. That was after we told her we didn't want a pool table down there. 

I pleaded with her to get rid of some of it while she was alive. She laughed, and said, "You will probably want to kill me over all the stuff, if I wasn't already dead." And she's right. I have been very annoyed sometimes in this long process. 

We don't have any kids and will probably leave most everything to Bill's two younger brothers. We are paring down and getting rid of a lot of stuff. We will get rid of even more, if/when we move again. We don't need so much stuff. 😊

Don't forget your Cruise Critic Friends?  😁

• Haha 10

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

My Mom and I had to clean out and sell my aunt's house and her condo when we had to move her to assisted living.  She had no kids and her husband had told my Mom, just before he died, now she is your problem. 😲  My aunt was legally blind and was overwhelmed with the whole project, so we had to do most of it once we had moved her.  We cleared all the personal items out and sold the Florida condo furnished, so that helped, but the house took us a long time.  We sold some stuff and when people came to pickup what they bought, offered other stuff for free.  That moved a lot of stuff but we threw away a lot of stuff that wasn't worth keeping and donated a lot of furniture too.

I look at all the stuff my Mom has in her condo and try not to think about the house she has down in Florida that we will have to deal with too.  Someone asked about my Mom's house in Florida because they are interested in buying it, but she wants to keep it just in case.  

At least everyone has stopped giving my Mom "stuff".  We try to give her stuff that she needs.  One of the grandkids sends ice cream.  She is the new favorite. 😄 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We have normal, walk up attic stairs. Unfortunately, it makes it too easy to bring stuff up there! Forty four years worth of stuff up there😳

Although we are living in our condo 21 years I have never gone into the attic .

• Like 1

I also have no kids and told my sister who is here now that when I go just to hire one of those places that just come in and put price tags on everything (for their fee of course) and sell it all after she and my other siblings take whatever they might want to keep

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My annual Super Bowl prediction.I am usually correct .

Kansas City 28

San Francisco 24

Well, I would Prefer:

San Francisco 28

Kansas City 24

LOL. 😃

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I also have no kids and told my sister who is here now that when I go just to hire one of those places that just come in and put price tags on everything (for their fee of course) and sell it all after she and my other siblings take whatever they might want to keep

We did this with my father's house.  My brother, sister, and I first went through to see what we wanted to keep.  The service that we hired took care of the rest.  It's a good way to quickly handle the situation.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We did this with my father's house.  My brother, sister, and I first went through to see what we wanted to keep.  The service that we hired took care of the rest.  It's a good way to quickly handle the situation.

I don't know the answer and since I'll be gone I don't really care but do the Estate sale people dispose of whatever doesn't sell?  Just curious

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I will consider your grand dog's prediction too. 😁

My granddog who makes predictions will be staying in my house for a week starting Feb.16.I am going to check the TV listings to see if there will be any reality shows while he will be here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Has Tayor Swift landed yet, Is she in Vegas yet?

She is in Las Vegas !  I read , she landed in LA last night . Actually, I think private jets use Van Nuys airport. It’s a five hour drive to Las Vegas. I can’t believe she didn’t get a slot at LAS . 

• Like 2