Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I can just imagine what good use they could have put that money to instead of a superbowl ad. I haven't looked it up, but I’m curious if much of their donations actually go to helping people in need.

She sold the house in RI as far as I know. Does that someone living in that town happen to be on this thread?

I do not know anyone in RI who posts on CC.The person I am referencing is a guy that I went to HS with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The house has not sold.

Better hope that Kelce is not traded to the New England Patriots, otherwise Taylor might take it off the market and move in with Travis! 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I do not know anyone in RI who posts on CC.The person I am referencing is a guy that I went to HS with.

Just to clarify, you mean you don't know anyone personally in RI that posts here on CC? The state is well represented here by several posters.  🙂

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Does anyone else have royal caribbean ads popping up in between posts?    I just had it happen on this thread and another one on main page.   

No. Are you using a phone or computer?

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

No here they arent close enough it is worth joining since it's just me and I eat out half the time. I got a Kroger credit card, dont know even if they are in the nearby area, only saw publix. And drove by a entrace saying Walmart. Walmart delivers if you buy online here. I really am not sure what I want. Something comfortable to read sitting in. Most of the places I saw along A1A in the PC area were touristy places. I stayed in a hotel there I think the radisson but not sure. It was too long ago. 

I'm just assuming even if I have to drive clear to orlando I can find whatever I need. I lived in boca raton for 13 years, but not this far  north. 

Merritt Island is closer and I would think you can get everything you need there.

Congratulations, place looks great. 

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Does anyone else have royal caribbean ads popping up in between posts?    I just had it happen on this thread and another one on main page.   

Yes, on my phone. Just 1 ad about halfway down each page. 

Not on my laptop.  Yet. 

EDIT:  And on the main board as well. Halfway down the page,  nestled between threads. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yes, on my phone. Just 1 ad about halfway down each page. 

Not on my laptop.  Yet. 

EDIT:  And on the main board as well. Halfway down the page,  nestled between threads. 

I get them on the side. I’m posting from my iPad. 

IMG_0094.thumb.jpeg.3f588b5073448e77149447d91d74843f.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes (on iphone) usually 1 per page after about 5-6 posts.  on the VV boards they are VV ads.  🤔 

• Like 1

Another pre cruise day in Orlando…

Today we tried Disney’s Animal Kingdom.  It was a little lame but not to bad. We’re not to far from Disneyland and DCA at home so I want to try something a little different. We didn’t get the chance to try the new Avatar ride. I’m not waiting 2 hours for anything. Had we gotten on that it it might have decreased the lame factor. The animals were pretty interesting though. 

IMG_1827.thumb.jpeg.2dcd010f0e4d28217d4247b49824eceb.jpeg

IMG_1812.jpeg

IMG_1799.jpeg

IMG_1805.thumb.jpeg.21300be5ad9ff13e0a30e52cee342d8b.jpeg

IMG_1808.thumb.jpeg.1a04b1e0c04c6d647d66ebf593e1f26e.jpeg

IMG_1818.thumb.jpeg.d0e249ff921c20cf6a1a867e6aa6530a.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 14

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Today we tried Disney’s Animal Kingdom.  It was a little lame but not to bad. We’re not to far from Disneyland and DCA at home so I want to try something a little different. We didn’t get the chance to try the new Avatar ride. I’m not waiting 2 hours for anything. Had we gotten on that it it might have decreased the lame factor. The animals were pretty interesting though. 

IMG_1812.jpeg

IMG_1799.jpeg

OMG! You got to see baby elephant Corra on her first day!!!!! I'm so jealous!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Just to clarify, you mean you don't know anyone personally in RI that posts here on CC? The state is well represented here by several posters.  🙂

I do not believe that I know anyone personally who lives in RI and posts on CC.I have met people on cruises who live in RI  who could post on CC but no one specifically.

Renee ,I think believed that my post was referring to our resident physician but I have never met him .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thankfully no. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I can just imagine what good use they could have put that money to instead of a superbowl ad. I haven't looked it up, but I’m curious if much of their donations actually go to helping people in need.

Scientologists don't help people in need. (That I am aware of). I had friends (Acquaintances) that progressed to quite high up in the hierarchy as trainers, (Including moving to Florida for their beliefs) before eventually leaving the church/cult. I had another friend who joined but dropped out after a year of sessions because it was too expensive to advance to another "level"  🙄

And on a couple of Southern Caribbean cruises, we saw the Freewind in several ports. The young people were doing training exercise in lifeboats, (rowing) and they were doing calisthenics on the pier and on the deck. All in blue jumpsuits. I don't know. It is just their thing. Maybe they only take it out for cruise when they have a cadre of young, paying recruits? 

• Like 2

Bingo with a Diva - lots of fun - sadly didn’t win.Would have loved to win the jackpot (look closely at the bottom photo) or the one prior that I came very close to winning - $1589.00 Prizemoney in USD which  would have been helpful for those upcoming expensive Alaskan excursions we have booked…

Funny thing happened during Bingo though.  Diva announced next game was green cards.  The sheets we all had were brown so everyone checking those closest

them to see if their booklet had an error.  Diva then explained it was the lighting in the theatre.  Lighting was changed and brown sheets became green…BC2E77FB-0535-49B1-A968-0D57F70EF943.thumb.jpeg.83274250b6ebce48b16c5f8ee8950027.jpeg

2C8773CF-401B-4106-93B0-BD4C04E45B06.thumb.jpeg.bd1cc380648875904477a7b77117b33d.jpeg

8285820A-CFA5-4F80-A588-661D26049D2C.thumb.jpeg.614b1fd050b4b4d88fc5accd152519c3.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I do not believe that I know anyone personally who lives in RI and posts on CC.I have met people on cruises who live in RI  who could post on CC but no one specifically.

Renee ,I think believed that my post was referring to our resident physician but I have never met him .

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

IMG_1812.jpeg

IMG_1799.jpeg

You should have waited for the "Avatar" ride, It's a really good ride. Actually 2 hours is not that long to wait............You could have got one of those Fast Passes or what ever they call them now so you could walk right in for whatever time you were able to get.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Today was a really good day in packing. ☺️ I have a confession to make. I am a superfan of "As Seen On TV" items. My BIL even gave me a roll of As Seen on TV stickers, so I could add them to my Christmas gifts.😄

Ron Popiel was my hero. I was the proud owner of the Popiel Pocket Fisherman, The Buttoneer, The Smokeless Ashtray, The Inside the Egg, Egg Scrambler, The Hot Dogger and probably other stuff, long gone. I still use the Buttoneer though. And one other item, The Amazing Handy Bundler. "As Seen on TV" It uses zip ties and clips, to, well, bundle or constrain things. 😄

We are not under time issues for moving. I have been working on the spare room and closet for about 3 weeks. First off, I found 3 refill packages for the Handy BundlerRefills.JPG.18f7dc3ef8caa53b772f4b7a6e250461.JPGdl

And then TODAY! I actually found the Amazing Handy Bundler! I almost thought I was going to have to buy a new one on EBay. I know. "Simple minds, simple pleasures."  Refills2.JPG.42eda7a52b74993faec1c50088dbf6d8.JPG

Anyway. I was really excited to finally find it. 🤣 Now I just have to find something to bundle. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5