Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks like we are going to find a new family doctor.   Our current has been thinking about retirement. 2 weeks ago he passed out at the office and severely hit his head.  From what I heard he is still in the hospital.   His patients are being assigned to other doctors in his building. 

Thats sad. I’ve had the same doctor for over 25 years. He is great and we have a good relationship. Luckily he’s younger than me so I hope I can stay with him many more years.

• Like 9

Apologies if this has been posted before. I know all the lovely and caring people on this thread will want to know this news

@grapau27, dear niece Sarah’s father passed last night. Even though they were estranged from Graham, Pauline and Sarah, it’s still a sad day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 12

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

For you real estate people here...Is this something that would need to be written into a sales contract?  If I were buying a house, I would expect the existing landscaping to be the same when I moved in.  I'd be upset if a nice flower bed disappeared.  

I dug up and potted all 3 varieties to take with us. There are still plenty in the ground for when the house is shown and sold. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Do they even eat much poultry? Or, just fish? 

They eat a lot of chicken. However, the chickens are their home grown ones. They are not supermarket chickens full of hormones and who knows what from factory farms.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They eat a lot of chicken. However, the chickens are their home grown ones. They are not supermarket chickens full of hormones and who knows what from factory farms.

I eat chicken breast and read that it's contaminated with arsenic, with highest concentration in the breast meat. I don't even think I could buy homegrown chicken in my area. Sometimes I feel defeated. Am caregiver for my 84 year old spouse so I need to try to stay healthy. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

I eat chicken breast and read that it's contaminated with arsenic, with highest concentration in the breast meat. I don't even think I could buy homegrown chicken in my area. Sometimes I feel defeated. Am caregiver for my 84 year old spouse so I need to try to stay healthy. 

Look around your local area for health food stores.  There's probably one near you somewhere that sells organic, free range, antibiotic free, non-GMO, etc., etc. chicken.  Just be prepared for them to be smaller and a different color.  It's amazing what those extra additives can do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

There is organic chicken sold in supermarket that show that it is non-gmo, antibiotic free, etc.  It costs more, but I find that it tastes better than the cheaper, supermarket non-branded chicken.  I just looked at a couple of brands I buy but neither is sold in Texas, which is where your location says you are located.  I would check out what is available where you shop.  🙂 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There is organic chicken sold in supermarket that show that it is non-gmo, antibiotic free, etc.  It costs more, but I find that it tastes better than the cheaper, supermarket non-branded chicken.  I just looked at a couple of brands I buy but neither is sold in Texas, which is where your location says you are located.  I would check out what is available where you shop.  🙂 

I think the arsenic is in the chicken feed and gets into the ground water.

I've read that there are over 300 pesticides, food additives, etc used in the US that are outlawed in Europe.

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 11:15 AM, George C said:

Sailing next Thursday on our 6th Rock and Romance music charter which is filled with music artist from the 70’s on celebrity summit , sailing in same exact royal suite for third cruise in a row extremely nice suite that even has a hot tub on the balcony. Wife totally loves this music, this year we will be listening to

Foreigner

Dave Mason

Don McLean

Peter Asher (from Peter and Gordon)

Cowsills

Randy Backman

and many others, really enjoy having the opportunity to talk to these artists and you can also get albums autographed. We will book next years cruise while on board for same suite . Flying Saturday to visit family before flying to Miami. Have posted pictures of this suite in past , suite has some very nice perks including free specialty restaurants and your choice of two liter bottles of your favorite liquor ( since we don’t drink much in suite we sometimes bring home the liquor) 

That sounds like a great line up George!!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Keksie said:

My grandmother's white iris are blooming now.  My mother got a few bulbs from her mother and kept moving them each time she and my father moved.  When they were moving into assisted living she gave me a few bulbs.  I have moved them with me and they are multiplying like crazy.  Grandmother would be happy.  I also have schoolhouse lilies I keep moving that were given to me by a friend.

I love Iris.  Growing up, we had so many beautiful purple/blue iris.  So many, that we would cut them and bring them to the nuns in our school.  Jim and I bought our first home in 1975, and I tried growing Iris, but to no avail.  I did really great with Black Eyed Susan's, though!  After moving to South Jersey 7 years ago, I planted Iris, and they are doing great there, as well as multiplying!

• Like 10

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Apologies if this has been posted before. I know all the lovely and caring people on this thread will want to know this news

@grapau27, dear niece Sarah’s father passed last night. Even though they were estranged from Graham, Pauline and Sarah, it’s still a sad day.

Thank you for sharing this sad news about Sarah's father's passing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Debbie, this is exactly what I had been offered, just like Eric.  I was so happy to have picked #3 also.  Although I never had to wear glasses until I turned 40, my eyes got progressively worse over the years.  I love not having to wear glasses anymore!

I too hate wearing glasses. I just went today to order new ones, the ones I am wearing will not stay on my head and my spare pair were left behind somewhere in Florida. I asked the doc today if I could have cataracts, sadly he said no.  I have to wait 2-3 weeks now for the new ones. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

No, she buys new ones. I think she experiences taller stems with new ones.  She wants long stems and nice blooms for her customers. 

Well thanks for the education. I planted many bulbs a couple of years ago and the darn squirrels went off with them. I have about 5 tulips in my bed in the spring. I am far away from having a green thumb so I only plant hostas now, can’t kill them. I could start a business for just hostas because they spread so much. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Those relationships are going to be harder to come by as medicine continues the transition to location based care instead of physician based care. That meaning you will go to a place where you receive your care and that care will be provided by whom ever happens to be working that day. And those providers will supply services exactly how their bosses instruct them to. The new world of medical care.....

That is what I hated, when I went to have a heart issue evaluated.  Four different appointments, and was seen by four different doctors.  And it seemed like they never read your file before you got there, and didn’t listen to what you told them.  At least not until the 4th one.  Hope that is the one I see for a follow up this year. 

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

No worries, I have been having an extra one for your sacrifice. 

Bloody Mary

IMG_0743.thumb.jpeg.7ca28d2619ed6c347d62524fa710fb71.jpeg

What is left of a kraken colada tonight. 

IMG_0750.thumb.jpeg.9702c9e97f229b691ecb65fdf011bb1f.jpeg

This last part was in reference to you giving up alcohol for Lent. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Well thanks for the education. I planted many bulbs a couple of years ago and the darn squirrels went off with them. I have about 5 tulips in my bed in the spring. I am far away from having a green thumb so I only plant hostas now, can’t kill them. I could start a business for just hostas because they spread so much. 

We had a lot of hostas around our old house in NJ. I think they could grow in a desert.

2a5b03eb6f7d474579d50f7bb0161960-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@grapau27 Graham, I was sorry to read that Sarah’s father passed away.  Condolences to the family.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1