Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, brillohead said:

Hey @h20skibum -- looks like Darryl has some competition for his next cruise!  LOL

https://www.facebook.com/reel/854395559997356

Daryl, often imitated but there is only one original.  

Now everyone wants a new Daryl shirt for the Icon sailing.  Guess I have to work on a new design.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning, May I suggest you get some Feliway calming spray. You spray it on a towel that you can wrap the kitten in and inside the carrier. My vet uses it in the office. 
It’s available online and in pet stores.

Vet gave us something to calm him down and he is fine until trying to get him in pet carrier. We now leave pet carrier out in our den , he will walk into the pet taxi on his own . Next attempt is Friday . 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I must say, I am enjoying those photos.  I know I wouldn’t get Susan on a cold weather sailing.  

We just booked Alaska for next year again.  I am not a cold weather person but for some reason our favorite cruises have all been to cold weather places.  Alaska, Norway. New England and Greenland.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We just booked Alaska for next year again.  I am not a cold weather person but for some reason our favorite cruises have all been to cold weather places.  Alaska, Norway. New England and Greenland.

Our favorite cruises have been cold weather climates too.  People think it is going to be freezing the entire time when you go to Alaska but that isn't the case at all.  We have had 70-80 degree temperatures in late May/early June.  We hiked at Mendenhall Glacier in shorts and t-shirts because it was so warm.  Last October on our NE/Canada cruise, we wished we had brought more shorts as it was a very warm week.  Norway and Greenland are itineraries I want to book once my DH is retired and we can take longer trips.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

We loved Norway, Iceland and Greenland!  We spent August in 35-55 degree weather. Some of the wind chills were definitely below zero. Especially at the front of the ship seeing the northern lights. I’m not a cold weather person at all. I moved to Texas because of the cold.  But to go temporarily and see such beauty was worth bundling up for.  It was so awesome! 

In hind sight I would have taken waterproof pants to wear over leggings just for a wind breaker. My legs and face were the only thing that got cold in the wind.  We were outside and walked a lot. I did have a puffy coat, raincoat, hoodie, ear muffs, scarf, gloves and used them all at one time or another. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, akcruz said:

@jmh2006 any issues with you or your family with the rains this week in NC?  Seeing pictures doesn't look good.  We had maybe an inch so all good by us. 

We (or more accurately, our golf course) had another 4.5 inches last night.  We historically get between 2 and 9 inches of rain for the whole month of September.  Our course is still not fully open.  The pro shop sent out a note this morning saying that most of the gains they made pumping water away in the last 2 days were lost by last night's rains.  I haven't played in 9 days. ☹️  I must have jinxed things when I posted here a few weeks ago that September was the start of my favorite season.  🤐

• Like 8

18 hours ago, brillohead said:

They might be trying to book a different headliner due to schedule changes, etc.  And some of the other shows' timing might be dependent upon when the (new) headliner has availability.  

Thanks Debi. Our cruise is in 46 days so I would think everything would be set by now. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We (or more accurately, our golf course) had another 4.5 inches last night.  We historically get between 2 and 9 inches of rain for the whole month of September.  Our course is still not fully open.  The pro shop sent out a note this morning saying that most of the gains they made pumping water away in the last 2 days were lost by last night's rains.  I haven't played in 9 days. ☹️  I must have jinxed things when I posted here a few weeks ago that September was the start of my favorite season.  🤐

Much of the area about half hour north of us, around Wilmington, had over 16 inches of rain in less than 24 hours, they are calling it a 1000 year rain.  Yes we have been in a drought but that's a bit much.  We had almost that after Debbie but over multiple days so it had time to drain.  Rivers were in flood stage for days and the intracoastal had a no wake mandate.  Agree Sept/Oct is mostly beautiful except for the pesky storms.

• Like 3

I know many of you watched The Perfect Couple.  We just finished it last weekend.  

What I didn’t know was that Liev Schreiber had his own line of Irish Whiskey.  Has anyone tried it?  It looks like it will be featured in some drinks on our upcoming cruise. 

Liev Schreiber's Sláinte Irish Whiskey Now Exclusively Poured as Part of Princess Cruises' Love Line Premium Liquors Collection 

New Specially Crafted Cocktails Available Across the Princess Fleet including at O’Malley’s Irish Pub 

August 29, 2024

Liev Schreiber with a glass and a bottle of Slainte Irish Whisky at the bar.

By downloading this image you agree to the Princess asset use terms and conditions

FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. (August 29, 2024) – Acclaimed actor and director Liev Schreiber is bringing his award-winning Sláinte Irish Whiskey to Princess Cruises, adding to the cruise line’s prestigious “Love Line Premium Liquors” collection. Guests can now enjoy this celebrated whiskey in a series of exclusive cocktails crafted specifically for Princess Cruises.

Schreiber is an American actor, director, screenwriter, producer and philanthropist globally known for his dozens of roles in film, television and theater, including X-men Origins-Wolverine and the popular Showtime series “Ray Donovan.”

His smooth, multi-award-winning Irish whiskey aged in American bourbon oak barrels and finished in sherry casks, creates the perfectly balanced partnership and is now available across the Princess fleet.

“Sláinte (pronounced “slahn-cha”) is the Irish Cheer for good health: uniting people, celebrating moments, embracing life – exactly what our guests experience on our global Princess vacations,” said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises. “Liev Schreiber’s wonderfully balanced Sláinte brings even more unique dimension to our ‘Love Line Premium Liquors’ collection, complementing our portfolio of story-based, premium, and elegant spirits crafted by our celebrity creative partners.”

Sláinte Irish Whiskey Signature Blend is available at all bars, along with specially crafted cocktails created by Sláinte and Princess Mixologist Rob Floyd, including:

• Filthy Molly – Sláinte Irish Whiskey, Filthy Bloody Mary Mix, Assorted Olives, Celery Salt and Basil
  • Passion of the Irish – Sláinte Irish Whiskey, Passion Fruit Puree, Galliano, Vanilla, Orange and Soda
  • Sláinte Frozen Irish – Blended Sláinte Irish Whiskey, Coffee Liqueur, Fresh Lavazza Espresso, Vanilla and Cream
  • Tropical Alibi – Sláinte Irish Whiskey, Crème de Banana, Lemon, Pineapple, Coconut and Ango Bitters
  • Spank Mint – Sláinte Irish Whiskey, Fresh Lime, Mint and Goslings Ginger Beer

“Princess Cruises is known for offering its guests exceptional experiences, and I'm thrilled that Sláinte Irish Whiskey will be a part of that journey,” said Schreiber. “Joining the 'Love Line Premium Liquors' collection is a fantastic way to bring a piece of what I love to the open seas. We've crafted this whiskey with care, and I’m excited for guests to savor it as they explore the world with Princess."

Schreiber’s Sláinte joins renowned celebrities in the “Love Line Liquors” Collection including Voli 305 Vodka by Pitbull; Melarosa Sauvignon Blanc, Red Blend and Cabernet Sauvignon by Jason Aldean; and Love Prosecco by Artist Romero Britto.

The “Love Line Liquors” collection, featuring Sláinte Irish Whiskey and cocktails, are included in the popular Princess Plus and Princess Premier all-inclusive packages. The impressive collection offers guests an unparalleled opportunity to sip and savor in the finest spirits from around the world and toast to new adventures as they cruise to fascinating destinations with Princess.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, akcruz said:

@jmh2006 any issues with you or your family with the rains this week in NC?  Seeing pictures doesn't look good.  We had maybe an inch so all good by us. 

Thanks for asking April!  Both the location of our house and where my sister lives were fine.  However a good friend of my sister's who lives on Carolina Beach had a lot of flooding damage.

I was sure worried.  

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

IMG_0079.thumb.jpeg.a2d75cd3eab43ebd9b876c95a8ec6d7f.jpeg

It’s the 30 day mark for our cruise on Navigator. I woke up and saw that I can now print cruise docs and luggage tags which is my favorite sign that I am getting close.

My live review should start around October 15. Does anyone have questions or suggestions on what they would like me to cover?

😛

Screenshot2024-09-18at1_09_50PM.thumb.png.9e8221c0ac50c8c25e50056b487be35e.png

• Like 4

I’ve been enjoying everyone’s photos and adventures and cruises!

The $5 housecleaning sale was a semi-success. We were advised by shoppers that we should have advertised on FB. But we are not on Facebook. Anyway, we made $142 for stuff we didn’t pay for. I pulled the CHANEL jacket, after I looked up the selling prices. We took everything leftover to Habitat for Humanity and a local charity thrift shop. 

Since the dumpster arrived on Monday, we have been doing additional inside and garage cleaning and purging. Bill lugged 13 garbage bags of paperback books up from the basement.

And today, our first load of winter firewood arrived. We will be stacking wood for a few days. 😊

IMG_0390.jpeg

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 16

12 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I’ve been enjoying everyone’s photos and adventures and cruises!

The $5 housecleaning sale was a semi-success. We were advised by shoppers that we should have advertised on FB. But we are not on Facebook. Anyway, we made $142 for stuff we didn’t pay for. I pulled the CHANEL jacket, after I looked up the selling prices. We took everything leftover to Habitat for Humanity and a local charity thrift shop. 

Since the dumpster arrived on Monday, we have been doing additional inside and garage cleaning and purging. Bill lugged 13 garbage bags of paperback books up from the basement.

And today, our first load of winter firewood arrived. We will be stacking wood for a few days. 😊

IMG_0390.jpeg

That’s going to be hard to stack!😇😁

IMG_8333.thumb.jpeg.02bc75fa6a2260d1ade22b5e8964313c.jpeg

might be easier this way. 🙂

• Thanks 1

And so we begin the long trek home.  We spent two nights in Waikiki, visiting Pearl Harbor while we were there. It was incredibly moving.  Although not unexpected, we were still taken aback by just how crowded and commercial Waikiki is.  One high end store or mall after another.  But we had a nice ocean front room at the Outrigger Reef with a balcony that felt like a cruise ship balcony 🙂.  
We then flew to Kauai which is everything I imagined Hawaii to be;  lush, green, laid back unspoiled and just gorgeous.  Our resort, Koloa Landing in Poipu, could not have been better.  We took a sunset catamaran cruise Tuesday along the NaPali coast.  All I can say is wow, wow, wow. Pictures don’t do it justice.  Waimea Canyon was also spectacular. This trip truly lived up to our expectations and I wouldn’t change a thing.  
IMG_2321.thumb.jpeg.875b38e9a79199fa77e8b763caffec27.jpeg

IMG_2314.thumb.jpeg.b37b89db251e9b61200d0bbb3a6474dd.jpeg

Our last night on Oahu

IMG_2602.thumb.jpeg.60a56a4da4cf2abdbc2a0a49fa5a3615.jpeg

IMG_2606.thumb.jpeg.910c53fcd9b1ada7f7d797d4aeb06198.jpeg

You know you’re in a small airport when you see this in baggage claim 😂

IMG_2341.thumb.jpeg.c20ba53c24d03f5c9bfbb2815ead74a6.jpeg

Koloa Landing

IMG_2609.thumb.jpeg.a05cfcff584f21de52338ebd10aa0ed7.jpeg

IMG_2620.thumb.jpeg.5fe5dbb96dcbafee39834ce16d159b42.jpeg

IMG_2376.thumb.jpeg.5dca7631ed33543e880495b91d5276c7.jpeg

IMG_2378.thumb.jpeg.4bd6772578e461a8e39d8237178543bd.jpeg

IMG_2393.thumb.jpeg.58e873a68a3171716f6146ea74d4f1ff.jpeg

IMG_2397.thumb.jpeg.b6ab308fe6732003d9aef596aa576ff6.jpeg

our last night in Kauai 😢

IMG_2698.thumb.jpeg.fc934c330ad837d6105fe64cdfaac335.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

@Sea Dog  sorry Greg, we didn’t make it to Tahiti Nui.

My pick for the best Mai Tai is the one at Monkepod, ingredients listed below. Some I tried were too fruity, while others had too much orgeat.  Maybe it was the macadamia orgeat or maybe it was the honey lilikoi foam, but either way it was a winner.  IMG_2273.thumb.jpeg.4d7f0f99eea4b0bcb13993892e9fd1a3.jpeg

• Like 11