Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

40 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

They dig holes from the yard and under the seawall. We had to have an extra thick 130' footer put in. There's been a house or 2 that didn't take care of things and their seawall collapsed.

Oh, I see. They are diggers (like ground squirrels). I didn't know that about iguanas. Burrowing animals can cause a lot of expensive damage. The ground squirrel burrowing can cause the flood control channel banks to collapse. Which backs up the channel, which causes nearby flooding.  They also burrow into the sea walls and rip rap with the same result. Thanks! Interesting to learn about pests in other states. 😊

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

This is awesome!  We’ve been lucky enough to win a least 2 royals ups maybe 3.  It’s a great feeling especially if your bid was on the low side!

Upgrades can be very costly, we did our first celebrity cruise about a dozen years ago and got a free upgrade to a suite and since that we booked nothing but suites about ten on celebrity and rccl and a couple on Hal and one MSc yacht club. Have two more booked. Had done more than 50 cruises before that starting in inside cabins.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

That’s a pretty intimidating octopus guarding your martini!

That's not just any old octopus, that's the legendary, often talked about but rarely seen Kraken.

Kraken.webp.7744e2a2fbd12c91afe07ce3983d812e.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Since I have no idea and have never lived with them.... What sort of expensive damage do iguanas cause? I am very curious. 😊

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

They dig holes from the yard and under the seawall. We had to have an extra thick 130' footer put in. There's been a house or 2 that didn't take care of things and their seawall collapsed.

I also forgot to mention they carry salmonella and like to poop on the pool deck and dock. They love to eat flowers and orchids, but luckily mine are in the shade house or hanging in the tiki hut. I have forgotten them on the outside table before to find all the flowers ripped off. They also love fruit and can make a mess under the mango tree.

• Thanks 2

After reading about everyone's adventures on their current sailings, it's finally our turn.  We leave tomorrow to fly to Miami for Friday departure on 9-night Explorer sailing.  It's been quite a few years since we've been on that ship, but love the Freedom class ships.

• Like 14

On 2/4/2024 at 1:19 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Today we are dealing with a clogged shower drain.    It had been slow the last couple of days and I had put some baking soda and vinegar in the drain yesterday hoping that would help but Nope.   Today the shower floor overflowed into the bathroom floor while I was showering and we had a "rain shower" in the basement.    Thankful our master bedroom/bathroom is on the first floor and we don't have to deal with any leakage from a 2nd floor bathroom.    We have extra ceiling tile for the basement we can pop in after everything is dried.

Eric went out and bought a drum auger and is going to try now.  If that doesn't work we will call a plumber tomorrow.    Homeownership is always fun!

I had that shower problem. Plumber got a bunch of my white hair out of the drain. I now wash my hair at the kitchen sink, cuz the garbage disposal catches it. Gross, i know. I need to find one of those round plastic drain covers.

14 hours ago, Keksie said:

Kelly had her wellness check today.  She is approximately 6 months old.  If she is pregnant it is super early (the Dr. didn't feel anything).  She is healthy except for tapeworms which were taken care of at the appointment.  She is up to date on all her shots now and set up for a spay next Thursday.  No microchip was found.

Kelly looks tiny for 6 mo. Old but she had a rough start.    So happy she found her loving forever home🥰

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Kelly looks tiny for 6 mo. Old but she had a rough start.    So happy she found her loving forever home🥰

If I were to come back as an animal, I know where I’d want my forever home to be. ❤️

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I finally won a RoyalUp.  We are 9 days out from boarding Adventure of the Seas and I got the email today.  Prior to this I was 0 / 9 in my Royalup bids.  We moved from a standard 4D balcony to a JS for $305. And not just a standard JS but an aft facing JS so we have the extra deep balcony.

I'm really surprised because the ship has been sold out for a couple of weeks and folks in the roll call have reported getting emails asking them to postpone their sailing for a refund and full credit for a future sailing or to downgrade from a balcony to an OV for a 50% FCC.  

Based on that I had no expectation that we would win our RoyalUp 🙂

We've had a couple of suites over the years... This is the first JS,  I know they don't come with any benefits but just the extra size will be nice and the extra large balcony will be great.

Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 11.16.55 AM.png

What deck is the Js you got assigned? Deck 7 not so good.

Edited by Jimbo

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

She is already getting bigger.  She was very thin and hungry when she showed up so maybe that is why she looks small for her age, plus the tapeworms.   She is starting to play now so feeling stronger.

• Like 13

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Is anyone else having weird issues with CC? I had problems trying to get on for a few hours yesterday, kept getting a message the site is unavailable.  Finally when I was able to get on, the site was slow and I was not receiving any notifications of new posts for threads that I follow.

Now I'm being bombarded with multiple notifications for same posts I've already read.  Does CC really want me to read the same posts 4 or 5 times! 😒😬

Same here.  Notifications are still not working right for me. They’re either non-existent or look like they’re for new posts but are actually for posts I’ve read 4 or 5 pages back.  

• Like 1

This is my “barn” cat. He reinvented himself at about 8 weeks, and is now a wonderful house cat. He was underweight, had worms and an eye infection. After some vet care, he responded nicely! 

It wasn’t my barn; it belonged to an aunt of my daughter’s former boyfriend.

@Keksie is doing a wonderful thing.

IMG_0117.jpeg

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

This is my “barn” cat. He reinvented himself at about 8 weeks, and is now a wonderful house cat. He was underweight, had worms and an eye infection. After some vet care, he responded nicely! 

It wasn’t my barn; it belonged to an aunt of my daughter’s former boyfriend.

@Keksie is doing a wonderful thing.

IMG_0117.jpeg

He looks so happy and healthy.  You are doing a wonderful thing also.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@reallyitsmema

I hope you're busy cruising 🌺

Thanks for thinking of me. 🙂 Things just got really busy and I haven't been reading too much on CC.  I have recently caught up on this thread but have been following the world cruise on other sites.  People are posting amazing videos and pictures.  We have a cruise coming up in May and are looking to book more if the prices cooperate.

I appreciate you reaching out with all you have happening.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  I am glad you were able to get away and see your family in Amsterdam. 🙂 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1