Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@singinalot

I am so sorry for the loss of your grandmother.

I cannot begin to think of how the loss affects you.

I only wish I did.

Both my grandmothers were gone before I was born, we never met.

I feel like it is an empty spot in my life I was unable to fulfill.

I am sure you have great memories.

Take care.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, singinalot said:

I’m not really sure what I have missed since Tuesday: I know I was tagged in something but I have not read it yet. I just wanted to check in while I’m sitting in the Atlanta airport. It has been one of the worst weeks. 

my grandma (I have posted about visiting her several times here) went in for a normal stint procedure on Monday and somehow was gone by Wednesday morning. 

ive been on auto pilot and really just raw but looking forward to being back home with hubby and doggy.

So sorry for your loss.  May she RIP.   It is never easy losing someone so special.  Going home to hubby and doggy sounds perfect.   Hang in there I'm sure it will be a rough week for everyone. 😍    I have some of my best childhood memories with my Nana.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

On 11/19/2021 at 6:35 PM, dani negreanu said:

Driving to Key West was on our bucket list.... Having sea on both sides of the road seemed like a beautiful drive.

My first time we drove to the Keys was when we were moving to KW. We were driving in our motorhome similar to Pat’s land yacht. You sit higher up than most vehicles so I could see out all across the water. It was so beautiful and I kept thinking I’m going to be living here for 3 years. 💃🏼🍹 That was 31 years ago and things just aren’t the same anymore. 🥲

On 11/20/2021 at 10:24 AM, island lady said:

LOL...try driving down with a 36 foot "land yacht" towing a Jeep through the nightmare traffic!!  😮 

Not a fun thing...hence when we did it...was early on a Sunday morning.  Drivers are crazy through Miami.  

When we first moved down to KW we took a wrong turn and ended up on Duval Street in the motorhome towing a car. 😳

On 11/20/2021 at 5:36 PM, Momof3gurlz said:We also found the traffic and drivers in & around the Miami area to be some if the craziest we’ve encountered, and we drive A LOT.  The ferry from Ft Myers sounds like a good alternative.  Sarasota/Siesta Key/Naples areas are also high in our list whenever we visit FL. 

Traffic and crazy drivers/people are some of the reasons we want to get out of South Florida.

On 11/20/2021 at 8:18 PM, reallyitsmema said:

Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans.....  Today, we had planned to finally put everything back together in our garage and play with the garage opener app.  My son decided to heat some leftover pizza before he helped us move the heavier stuff.  He asked me to check the pizza, pulled it out and the electric element on the bottom of the stove was on fire and arcing, this after I had already turned off the oven.  Sparks and fire were traveling the length of the element and getting bigger, so I screamed for my husband to hit the circuit breaker as I grabbed a fire extinguisher.  He got the breaker and I hit the fire with the fire extinguisher and luckily, it went out!  Me and half the kitchen had white powder all over and the fire alarms were blaring but all was safe!  My husband and son got the stove out of the house, just in case it wanted to flash.  We really lucked out!  We just finished cleaning up all the mess as the powder settles everywhere! 

My husband went to a small, local appliance store we buy from and was able to buy a new stove that hopefully, gets delivered to the store on Monday.  They had two models to choose from that we could get before January!  We would have had to wait until after Thanksgiving to get it installed and delivered, so he is going to pick it up.  

We are definitely counting our blessings today.

Thank goodness you were able to take care of the situation and get a replacement. We have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, but we should check to see if it’s still good.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I had thought that same thing!

Maybe that’s part of why their marriage only lasted about 12 years. 🤷🏼‍♀️

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

…Did your Mom meet your Dad during the War?  My Uncle was in the Air Force during WWII, and met and married his wife who was from Germany.

My Mom and Dad met at one of the USO parties for the Servicemen in New York during the War.

No, they met on a ship. Dad was back in the States when he got out of the Army. There was a girl (not Renee or Vivian) in France he fell in love with. He went back to marry her, but by the time he got back she had married another soldier. He decided to tour Europe before coming back and ended up on a ship going to Canada. My mom was also on the ship going to Canada to see her sister (my aunt) who had already been living there for a while. 

@singinalot Very sorry to hear about your grandma.

• Like 7

All of this talk about getting decorated for Christmas, and here we are finished with all our Christmas preparations. 

Our tree has been up and decorated, but not lit until this last weekend.  Our city had their light-up night, so I guess it can officially be lit.  They had a huge parade that started with fireworks.  

789A5ED2-2DD2-41CE-BEE5-6AC30189D871.thumb.jpeg.d470183dfec5d221aabc2911c21aba72.jpeg

3112028A-386A-4131-B89C-74A5FE6E4839.thumb.jpeg.14b82e9de28a798dd04cce52e150c824.jpeg

It was clear, with temperatures in the low 40’s, but thousands were out for the 2 hour parade.  Granddaughter walked with her dance studio in this parade, since she marched with her baton class in the Veterans Day parade. 

3A5645D1-4DEB-47F8-95B4-20C3AB8684D9.thumb.jpeg.739b6b67926933a3315260a0ffb3ee89.jpeg

F3DA17CC-D4CC-40FB-B80D-355392F13E2C.thumb.jpeg.5b893c00f37601b627969d1c57679055.jpeg

The rest of our weekend we spent wrapping Christmas gifts.  I can’t believe we have all the gifts bought and wrapped this early.  

Sorry if the picture quality isn’t the best.  I am still experimenting with night, or low light shots with moving subjects with my iPhone 12 Pro.  If anyone has suggestions, I would appreciate it.  These are just frame grabs from a couple videos I took. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

All of this talk about getting decorated for Christmas, and here we are finished with all our Christmas preparations. 

Our tree has been up and decorated, but not lit until this last weekend.  Our city had their light-up night, so I guess it can officially be lit.  They had a huge parade that started with fireworks.  

789A5ED2-2DD2-41CE-BEE5-6AC30189D871.thumb.jpeg.d470183dfec5d221aabc2911c21aba72.jpeg

3112028A-386A-4131-B89C-74A5FE6E4839.thumb.jpeg.14b82e9de28a798dd04cce52e150c824.jpeg

It was clear, with temperatures in the low 40’s, but thousands were out for the 2 hour parade.  Granddaughter walked with her dance studio in this parade, since she marched with her baton class in the Veterans Day parade. 

3A5645D1-4DEB-47F8-95B4-20C3AB8684D9.thumb.jpeg.739b6b67926933a3315260a0ffb3ee89.jpeg

F3DA17CC-D4CC-40FB-B80D-355392F13E2C.thumb.jpeg.5b893c00f37601b627969d1c57679055.jpeg

The rest of our weekend we spent wrapping Christmas gifts.  I can’t believe we have all the gifts bought and wrapped this early.  

Sorry if the picture quality isn’t the best.  I am still experimenting with night, or low light shots with moving subjects with my iPhone 12 Pro.  If anyone has suggestions, I would appreciate it.  These are just frame grabs from a couple videos I took. 

WOW!  That's amazing you are all decorated, presents bought and wrapped.  

We got most of our decorations outside yesterday except for wreaths, candy canes along front walk and a couple blow ups.    I wont do the inside till after thanksgiving.

Originally I wanted to have Thanksgiving at our shore house but our 2 sons and my brother and his wife all have to work on friday.

I did pick up from fresh 21 pound turkey yesterday and will make a run to produce junction on Tuesday.

I just started christmas shopping yesterday.  Traditionally, we exchange christmas wish lists while having desert on Thanksgiving.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We may have talked about this but do have Lightroom? That's how I fix low light shots. It does an amazing job with the exposure setting without introducing a lot of noise.

• Like 2

Question Royal experts? I forgot to get a print out from guest services of all our charges as it itemizes everything and it's it good indicator of how much you spend and to keep track of how much we drink.

Is there a way to get that information? I went to the cruise planner for past cruises and there is not a tab. Do I just call? Can they get that information to me about a past cruise? Thanks for you help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I love the pictures, Greg!   Your granddaughter is adorable!   Our Christmas Parade in Forked River is on December 5th.  Our grandson William always marches with his Boy Scout Troop.  

We always look forward to Santa riding on a Fire Truck up and down our streets.  Of course, Christmas music is played, and the Firemen run alongside the truck, handing out candy canes to all of us kids.  Love the Old Time feel of our town!🎄

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Originally I wanted to have Thanksgiving at our shore house but our 2 sons and my brother and his wife all have to work on friday.

I did pick up from fresh 21 pound turkey yesterday and will make a run to produce junction on Tuesday.

That's a nice size turkey you've gotten, Debbie!  Sounds like you'll have turkey sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving.  I love turkey sandwiches with lots of mayonnaise, on white bread (that's the only time I buy white bread..specifically for my turkey sandwich), with a cup of Egg Nog.  Heavenly!!

We're all  traveling up to Connecticut for Thanksgiving at our oldest daughter's home.🦃

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Question Royal experts? I forgot to get a print out from guest services of all our charges as it itemizes everything and it's it good indicator of how much you spend and to keep track of how much we drink.

Is there a way to get that information? I went to the cruise planner for past cruises and there is not a tab. Do I just call? Can they get that information to me about a past cruise? Thanks for you help.

There is usually a copy of it stuck in your door on the last morning.  Maybe they aren't doing that with covid?  I have also always gotten an email of all my charges on the day we disembark as well as the link to the survey.  If you don't have an email, I would call the cruise line to see if you can get a copy.  There is a post cruise number on the website.

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

When we first moved down to KW we took a wrong turn and ended up on Duval Street in the motorhome towing a car. 😳

Traffic and crazy drivers/people are some of the reasons we want to get out of South Florida.

Wow...tough place to get stuck in...I can't imagine what the food delivery, etc. larger trucks put up with!  😮 

Yeah, same thing with Bucky.  He lived in the middle of Ft. Lauderdale almost 50 years ago, had to get out for the same reason.  Moved north to central Florida, where I met him.  Lucky for me he did that!  😉 

• Like 6

Hopefully will buy our Turkey or Turkey breast today, thanksgiving will be busy will need to get our precruise Covid test and pack for our Friday flight to Florida. House is extremely noisy we are having our roof replaced, cats are not happy with all this noise . 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Hopefully will buy our Turkey or Turkey breast today, thanksgiving will be busy will need to get our precruise Covid test and pack for our Friday flight to Florida. House is extremely noisy we are having our roof replaced, cats are not happy with all this noise . 

Went to Publix grocery yesterday for most of what we need for our stay here this week at the time share condo west of Orlando, though I bought a frozen turkey breast already a couple weeks ago when I heard they were going to be scarce.  Store was not bad yesterday late morning.  

Then...what I couldn't get there...we went early to Walmart this morning.  Customers not bad there...it was the "personal shoppers" that were clogging the aisles even worse than usual.  😮   Tough to get around, and they seemed like they were very annoyed I was there at all...in "their" way

😣.  

• Like 2

Raining again this morning here west of Orlando, but should clear up and actually be a bit cold for us tomorrow with high in the upper 60s.  But sunny, dry and beautiful through the rest of the week.  

Happy with our condo they assigned us on the top (4th floor)...as per my request.  Being a light sleeper I am very conscious of guests walking around above my head.  😮 

20211121_130605.jpg

20211121_131009.jpg

20211121_131028.jpg

• Like 10

23 hours ago, helen haywood said:

My mother and I started to act like chickens with our heads cut off and ran around grabbing things to take out of the house.  

My 8 year old brother went next door, borrowed a fire extinguisher from our neighbors and put out the fire. 

Amazing presence d'esprit / presence of mind of your younger brother !!!

23 hours ago, helen haywood said:

My father was going to come home and he would walk through the kitchen to go to the study to relax and read his paper. I couldn’t imagine what he was going to say.

My mother said “Don’t say anything; he won’t notice.”  What?!?!  How could he not notice?!?!  He did not notice.  

I couldn't stop laughing.

Reminds me when my mom and me kept asking my dad to get rid of his Charlie Chaplin moustache. We didn't like it. Finally, he removed it. Do u think we noticed? Nope. After 3 days he started make funny faces at us... asking what's new... still we didn't understand why is he behaving so foolishly.... Until he told us 🙂 

Edited by dani negreanu
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Went to Publix grocery yesterday for most of what we need for our stay here this week at the time share condo west of Orlando, though I bought a frozen turkey breast already a couple weeks ago when I heard they were going to be scarce.  Store was not bad yesterday late morning.  

Then...what I couldn't get there...we went early to Walmart this morning.  Customers not bad there...it was the "personal shoppers" that were clogging the aisles even worse than usual.  😮   Tough to get around, and they seemed like they were very annoyed I was there at all...in "their" way

😣.  

Luckily, I'm not cooking, YEA! Going to my niece's for a nice family Thanksgiving dinner.  Unless she invited others I am not aware of, we'll be lucky 13.  All that I have to bring is my chopped salad and homemade dressing. Easy peasy.

I'll go food shopping tomorrow at 8, hoping it won't be too crowded. I have 4 choices of stores; Walmart, Kroger, Tom Thumb, Sprouts. All near me.  The Tom Thumb name makes me giggle but not as much as Piggly Wiggly. 🤭

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I love the pictures, Greg!   Your granddaughter is adorable!   Our Christmas Parade in Forked River is on December 5th.  Our grandson William always marches with his Boy Scout Troop.  

We always look forward to Santa riding on a Fire Truck up and down our streets.  Of course, Christmas music is played, and the Firemen run alongside the truck, handing out candy canes to all of us kids.  Love the Old Time feel of our town!🎄

That's a nice size turkey you've gotten, Debbie!  Sounds like you'll have turkey sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving.  I love turkey sandwiches with lots of mayonnaise, on white bread (that's the only time I buy white bread..specifically for my turkey sandwich), with a cup of Egg Nog.  Heavenly!!

We're all  traveling up to Connecticut for Thanksgiving at our oldest daughter's home.🦃

We normally stuff 30 people into my sister in laws Brooklyn living room.

This year we will be 7 adults,2 kids and 2 dogs in my daughters home that is 4 minutes away from us.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Luckily, I'm not cooking, YEA! Going to my niece's for a nice family Thanksgiving dinner.  Unless she invited others I am not aware of, we'll be lucky 13.  All that I have to bring is my chopped salad and homemade dressing. Easy peasy.

I'll go food shopping tomorrow at 8, hoping it won't be too crowded. I have 4 choices of stores; Walmart, Kroger, Tom Thumb, Sprouts. All near me.  The Tom Thumb name makes me giggle but not as much as Piggly Wiggly. 🤭

If you were in NJ you could buy some things at WaWa.😀

• Like 1