Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

44 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

If they win the Amazing Race we will be hearing about them for the rest of our lives.If they do not win we will be hearing about them for the rest of our lives.

I expect nothing less than a dozen parody songs from them.

On the snow front,  roughly 3-4 inches which is the bare minimum for me to use the snow blower.  The driveway is uneven with a few ruts and  cracks so I need to keep it at a higher height. Which means even after blowing, I still need to use the shovel to scrape to remnants.  Which is fine, it's easy on the back & I get me steps in.  Close to 10,000 &  it's not even lunch time!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am doing the no snow chant /dance for you,Debbie and everyone else cruising this weekend .

I wish everyone a great cruise,a wonderful time and a Covid free ship.

If they are still having Meet and Mingle raffles  hope that everyone wins.

I still have many of the items that I won courtesy of you and RJ😀

Just finished our covid tests at cvs and she said we should have results in about 1 hr.🙏

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We live in the snow belt area of OHIO, and when it dumps the white stuff it is relentless.

In fact we had a beagle named Martha, who was the stupidest cutest four legged best friend anyone could ask for.

We hung Christmas bells on the door handle and when we potty trained her we rang the bells and took her out.

As she grew older, she would ring the bells when she wanted to go out.

But, once the snow started, no bells were rung.

In the winter when it snowed, she would hold her business all day just to go out to do your business as  infrequent as possible.

But, there were ooops from time to time due to her stubbornness and just plain being a beagle. And not wanting to freeze her nipples off.

So when my dad was over and saw what was happening he took his old army blanket and behind the house by the back door to the garage he shoveled the snow on the grass......yup it was over a foot deep and laid down the blanket.

Low and behold now  the original snow was just a dusting, we would lift the blanket and  let Martha out did her business, sniffed around and came in.

The donation that Martha left was usually cold enough in about a half hour and put in the pooper bucket.  Then the blanket went down to keep the snow to a minimum.

Now she would actually go to the door ring the bells again to go out.

She trained us well.

Good luck.

Take care.

Our dog has a bell hung on the patio door to ring when she wants to go out 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Hi ho hi ho and off to cruise we go!

Both tested negative.  No wait for proctor early this morning.  Easy peasy.

Except we decided last night we will not go. Had a long talk with supervisor. 
Options offered were a full refund to cc. Surprised at option 1. FCC was #2. Option #3 exact booking transferred to a different sailing. Extremely surprised since that sounded like a lift and shift. We asked a lot of questions. He said there were notes on the reservation from the miami office of someone who had resolved previous problems on this res to “do whatever is possible for these loyal customers”.  So he was offering these. We chose #3. We don’t know which sailing so it was transferred to a future “dummy” sailing till we can decide. We will be in FL so we will wait.

One  thing we would say……We are absolutely not happy with what is going on on board. Took a long hard look without the rose colored glasses and made the call. It was the right thing for us. I do not like to get into any debates with nay sayers, negative nellies, fan mommas or fan boys. This was what we felt was right for US. 

So I am currently enjoying the Florida sunshine and not worrying about the what iffs at sea till I have to. 😁  Am I upset? Honestly not one bit. No regrets. There will be many to enjoy,

I am thankful that all worked out for you with RC.   The sad thing for me is we will not be meeting this week.  I am looking forward to the next opportunity. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you all for the Birthday Wishes!  

Well, I guess I’m bringing up the rear!

Happy Birthday and May the coming year be a great one!

(Or, at least, a vast improvement!)

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, thank you so much!!  Love the beach photos.  I came online to wish the same and you beat me to it.  You really are remarkable!

Marietta have a fabulous birthday. 

Jack and I wish we were back in NJ (even with the snow) to celebrate with our birthday girl.  Oh, and happy birthday to Katie Couric!

Happy birthday to your birthday girl Bonnie.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211028_164408.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I will say that this cruise has been much more limited in activities than our sailing in October, and mask wearing everywhere gets old at times.  But then I sit here with a drink in my hand, looking at these views (and not snow), and it almost feels like old times.  

1B1B656F-385B-4D23-A738-17255D3D9A8A.thumb.jpeg.a013cdbb88f04f8c8eab26ba033c189e.jpeg

I still look forward to next week onboard, but hope we are back to normal by our May cruise. 

Enjoy the Florida sunshine.  We will be doing that some more, once we get off. 

Mark, I am going to borrow your ocean views to look at and enjoy till I get on board.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just finished our covid tests at cvs and she said we should have results in about 1 hr.🙏

I should say that we are almost as anxious about getting our tests done tomorrow onboard, as we were last week when we boarded this week’s cruise. Although neither of us show any symptoms, you never know what the tests will show.  Would hate for them to kick us off. 

That being said, the captain just announced that we have 1% positive passenger cases and 2% positive crew cases now.  That would work out to about 70 cases onboard. 

For any doctors out there, what effect does alcohol have on your test?   Asking for a friend.  May have to cut back or double down. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@molly361

Ellen, I really hope you'll enjoy your cruise. Yes, it will be bittersweet. May the sweet part abound 😘

@Sunshine3601

Debbie, I really hope you and Eric will enjoy this so much awaited cruise to the fullest 😘

@Arzeena, I feel for everyone who [due to the "situation"] has decided to cancel a cruise.

@reallyitsmema, Oy !! You don't have a garage? 😢

+1.For everyone cruising this weekend.Screenshot_20211221_223815.thumb.jpg.9a4bcf3ba50ff413db90bcce8525d0dd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sea Dog- 

The pellets look like a good solution. The bells near the door suggested by Lioness is a good thought also.

We had a beagle/basset who lived across the street. He adopted us and would come to visit each morning before he started his walk around the neighborhood. We live on a very quiet lane and Max was very “street savvy”.

I would warm up a little bit of milk for him when he stopped by. It didn’t take him long to realize that if he tapped on the refrigerator door, it was his way of letting me know he wanted milk.

He would also sit near the counter where I kept a cookie jar filled with treats for him. He would stare at the jar until either my hubby or I would give him a treat from the jar.

We loved him dearly and still remember him as a wonderful dog friend !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 6

Here are a few pictures of the pools this afternoon on our sea day. 

D84F2DB0-FC3D-4607-94D7-1FBEA166B27A.thumb.jpeg.f8f3b2ea72b804d7ea8bd5fe1a56f9e9.jpeg

FA69BE32-2DB1-4DA6-88E7-F2C67AC365A0.thumb.jpeg.45022cb03125299583abc82aca08565a.jpeg

10174654-2FBB-43A3-AF6C-E015F6BE48AD.thumb.jpeg.6d7fc57264fefedecaecda56ccdfa244.jpeg

CE4B7AD5-03D0-4EC3-8F48-7F5E92227786.thumb.jpeg.cab4bef69584141e029d0914abb3fda6.jpeg

817F4AE9-96B5-4D32-8EFB-EDD82D4062FF.thumb.jpeg.4c8e73b58d47348ba7e0f95ae0026e43.jpeg

We have been racing Odyssey back.  Either Vision or Rhapsody is there too

CBBABE97-64A6-4CE7-B505-F60EA2B68DD6.thumb.jpeg.95354df78b1732fd5f7cfb158678fce2.jpeg

So the latest from onboard is that Izumi is now closed for 14 days due to Covid in the staff there.  I also saw a copy of a letter saying they closed dining room 3, and it is open seating on deck 4 and 5 dining.  We are in dining room 5, and I haven’t been to the cabin to see if we got a letter. Must be a staffing issue now. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Sea Dog- 

The pellets look like a good solution. The bells near the door suggested by Lioness is a good thought also.

We had a beagle/basset who lived across the street. He adopted us and would come to visit each morning before he started his walk around the neighborhood. We live on a very quiet lane and Max was very “street savvy”.

I would warm up a little bit of milk for him when he stopped by. It didn’t take him long to realize that if he tapped on the refrigerator door, it was his way of letting me know he wanted milk.

He would also sit near the counter where I kept a cookie jar filled with treats for him. He would stare at the jar until either my hubby or I would give him a treat from the jar.

We loved him dearly and still remember him as a wonderful dog friend !

MJ🙋🏻

Dogs are pretty smart. Penny knew if she went to potty I would give her a treat. After a while she would scratch at the door to be let out, squat and fake it as if she pee'd then look to get a treat. I was a a sucker until I realized she was just faking it to get a treat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Dogs are pretty smart. Penny knew if she went to potty I would give her a treat. After a while she would scratch at the door to be let out, squat and fake it as if she pee'd then look to get a treat. I was a a sucker until I realized she was just faking it to get a treat.

I know some that have put dirt, topped with soil, in a kiddie pool when their dog can't go outside. It gets them used to going on grass.

• Like 4

Our Golden Retriever Scarlett would do the bell ringing trick to say that she wanted to out, but only during the month or so around Christmas.  Normally, there would be no bell there.  For Christmas, we'd hang a stocking on the backyard doorknob that had a jingle bell.  Every year, she'd remember what to do with the bell.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I expect nothing less than a dozen parody songs from them.

On the snow front,  roughly 3-4 inches which is the bare minimum for me to use the snow blower.  The driveway is uneven with a few ruts and  cracks so I need to keep it at a higher height. Which means even after blowing, I still need to use the shovel to scrape to remnants.  Which is fine, it's easy on the back & I get me steps in.  Close to 10,000 &  it's not even lunch time!

Most of our snow is gone replaced by sheets of ice.Tomorrow it will be in the 20’s.