Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

100+ temps continue here, except for Sat and Sun. when we have a break of 99 degree temps. 😏.  Then on Monday back up to 100+ until Aug. 9 which is the last date the weather info is posted.  One saving grace is low humidity.

Yesterday, we spent 2 hours in At Home, a great home decor store.  We needed a few knick knacks, couch pillows, wall art among other stuff.  Great store but a challenge for both of us with me in a wheelchair and having to drag a shopping cart with us.

PT yesterday was grueling and my left foot/ankle was greatly manipulated.  Unfortunately, I had to turn to my happy pills when I got home.  I forgot to take one or at least tylenol before my appointment.  I will NOT make that mistake again.

PT can be absolutely wonderful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

100+ temps continue here, except for Sat and Sun. when we have a break of 99 degree temps. 😏.  Then on Monday back up to 100+ until Aug. 9 which is the last date the weather info is posted.  One saving grace is low humidity.

Yesterday, we spent 2 hours in At Home, a great home decor store.  We needed a few knick knacks, couch pillows, wall art among other stuff.  Great store but a challenge for both of us with me in a wheelchair and having to drag a shopping cart with us.

PT yesterday was grueling and my left foot/ankle was greatly manipulated.  Unfortunately, I had to turn to my happy pills when I got home.  I forgot to take one or at least tylenol before my appointment.  I will NOT make that mistake again.

Sorry to hear of your pain Bonnie.

I have an appointment at MSK clinic in a couple of weeks to assess my knee.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I don't recall seeing a post.  Did you get to the movies to see Rise of Gru?

No, at least not yet. We attempted to go one day last week but both of us had hectic days & were running late & were both starving.  So the choice became go to the movies hungry or go out to dinner.  We choose dinner.

Which was the right choice. The pub we went to had something called the 25/75 Blended Burger. It's a burger with the bacon and cheese mixed INTO the burger meat, hence the name - 75% ground beef & 25% bacon/cheese mix. ** Mind Blown **. But wait - it's topped with even MORE bacon and cheese.  Food coma followed.

Yummy goodness. Sorry, no pictures.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just got approved for my TSA Precheck. That will make things a little easier at the airport. How many of you have it and do you like it?

One of the perks of having Nexus.  Love it.  So much easier through security.  Best $50 we spend every 5 years is on those Nexus cards

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Which was the right choice. The pub we went to had something called the 25/75 Blended Burger

Are local butcher started making this 25% bacon, 75% beef mix a couple months ago.  I have been wanting some but haven't gone to get it yet.  Sounds so good. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One of the perks of having Nexus.  Love it.  So much easier through security.  Best $50 we spend every 5 years is on those Nexus cards

I just came across Nexus when researching Global Entry.  If I lived in Canada and liked to travel it would be a must have.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just came across Nexus when researching Global Entry.  If I lived in Canada and liked to travel it would be a must have.

We've had it for 8 years and it has only been this year that we have actually used it for flights.  Before that it was just for driving and getting into the Nexus lane at the border that can save a lot of time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I heard great things about it. Wish I could get it here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

PT has to be slow but steady, Bonnie!  I'm halfway through my appts and my neck and upper back feel stronger.  I'm hoping the feelings in my lower back and legs could go away.  

How are your daughter and SIL feeling?  Are the kids still negative?

Everyone is negative thanks for asking.  

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

PT can be absolutely wonderful.

Or absolutely torture.

• Like 3

Just now, BonTexasNY said:

Everyone is negative thanks for asking.  

Or absolutely torture.

I have been to more than 20 PT’s in my life .Last year I found the best one on the planet ,at least for me.

He was born in Israel,studied there as well as in the Netherlands and in NY.

He works alone and does not look at his watch He is strictly doing PT ,no casual conversation The only time we conversed was when I was on the bike .I went to him for 4 months.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been to more than 20 PT’s in my life .Last year I found the best one on the planet ,at least for me.

He was born in Israel,studied there as well as in the Netherlands and in NY.

He works alone and does not look at his watch He is strictly doing PT ,no casual conversation The only time we conversed was when I was on the bike .I went to him for 4 months.

My therapist is very capable, and I enjoy our conversation.  He encourages me when I need it.  I couldn't do it with no chat.  It would be totally boring.

The best PT, IMHO, is one you are most comfortable with, one you trust will get you optimum successful results..  

It's good you found the best one on the planet. Not sure mine is but he fulfills all the above requirements.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My therapist is very capable, and I enjoy our conversation.  He encourages me when I need it.  I couldn't do it with no chat.  It would be totally boring.

The best PT, IMHO, is one you are most comfortable with, one you trust will get you optimum successful results..  

It's good you found the best one on the planet. Not sure mine is but he fulfills all the above requirements.

Some therapists are all chat and very little therapy.I can chat anywhere ,even on an internet message board .That is why I like the guy that I worked with.I am glad that you have a therapist that you enjoy working with,Bonnie.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Friends for all your nice comments.

I am sad I will not meet you on Bella's cruise but we are going to be in the US twice next year on Oasis and in Orlando and hopefully you have all seen enough of Pauline and my faces so please if you see us probably in a shop or Longhorns please say hello and we can have a chat.

Kindest regards.

Graham.

Love your post. 👍🏼  Also sorry to hear you won’t be able to make it.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were talking the other day about vehicles counting down the seconds while stopped at traffic lights.  This is where it is displayed on our Highlander. 

77C71193-946F-44C8-8EE2-65F7AE228353.thumb.jpeg.c81c923c64eb799b6d11be22e1fa21b5.jpeg

We were busy again with grandkids today, plus two.  Our daughter took our PA grandson to a golf tournament this morning.  He came home with the first place trophy for his age group.  He would have placed in the next age group also.  They only play 9 for his age, and he shot 43. 

We had our CA grandson, our granddaughter, and two of her friends while they were at the tournament.  I wouldn’t want to watch 4 or 5 every day. 

They did enjoy the spin cycle.  

F93D0FA0-2A48-4EF2-83E4-747A75705D04.gif.7656885593663b385394041863255b25.gif

Anyone want a ride?

• Like 16

18 hours ago, Coralc said:

My gal friend and I met a couple of Rugby players at a concert many, many years ago. They convinced us to drive over to San Francisco and watch them play the following day. 

The guys were kind of a bust, but as I recall, the players spent a lot of time in a circle (called a scrum) and kicking each other in the shins. :classic_biggrin:

One of the Jacksonville Axemen kicked the ball. We watched the ball sail far wide of the goalposts. We scored a point!

We decided they give points for trying!

• Haha 6

We watched The Gray Man last night on Netflix.  It's a pretty predictable mix of Jason Bourne (highly skilled assassin getting home against all odds) and John Wick (killing many people at once) and had some good action scenes.  It has a good cast with Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans, Billy Bob Thornton, Ana de Armas, and more.  It was interesting to watch Chris Evans play the bad guy when I'm so used to seeing him as Captain America.  It was also interesting to see Julia Butters who is now 13 years old.  She played Anna-Kat on the sitcom American Housewife.  Loved her delivery as a 7-11 year-old over 4 seasons on that show.  She's like Millie Bobby Brown in that I think she will grow up to be a very successful adult actor. 

We liked it...worth spending 2 hours if you like that sort of movie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

One of the Jacksonville Axemen kicked the ball. We watched the ball sail far wide of the goalposts. We scored a point!

Rugby takes a while to understand the rules but it is a fun game to watch.  My son has been playing for more than 15 years, he played all through high school, college and still plays now as an adult.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Rugby takes a while to understand the rules but it is a fun game to watch.  My son has been playing for more than 15 years, he played all through high school, college and still plays now as an adult.

Football (Soccer) is my favourite sport and I captained my school team but I played rugby 🏉 at senior school too.

There are different rules between Rugby league (Professional) and Rugby 🏉 union (historically amateurs but more professional since 1995) and different team numbers.

15 in each team in Rugby union.

13 in each team for rugby league.

It is a very physical game and several former players are currently suffering different degrees of Dementia.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

January.

Have fun. We are booked on the Harmony for 3 weeks in January.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear of your pain Bonnie.

I have an appointment at MSK clinic in a couple of weeks to assess my knee.

Hoping you don’t need knee surgery. What Sea Dog went thru sounded very painful.

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We watched The Gray Man last night on Netflix.  It's a pretty predictable mix of Jason Bourne (highly skilled assassin getting home against all odds) and John Wick (killing many people at once) and had some good action scenes.  It has a good cast with Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans, Billy Bob Thornton, Ana de Armas, and more.  It was interesting to watch Chris Evans play the bad guy when I'm so used to seeing him as Captain America.  It was also interesting to see Julia Butters who is now 13 years old.  She played Anna-Kat on the sitcom American Housewife.  Loved her delivery as a 7-11 year-old over 4 seasons on that show.  She's like Millie Bobby Brown in that I think she will grow up to be a very successful adult actor. 

We liked it...worth spending 2 hours if you like that sort of movie.

Don’t know why, but I always loved her name and enjoyed watching all seasons of American Housewife. Really liked Katie Mixon in Mike & Molly so I started watching American Housewife.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Football (Soccer) is my favourite sport and I captained my school team but I played rugby 🏉 at senior school too.

There are different rules between Rugby league (Professional) and Rugby 🏉 union (amateurs) and different team numbers.

It is a very physical game and several former players are currently suffering different degrees of Dementia.

My son has played 7's, 11's and 15's.  He is built for 15's though, 7's is too fast a game for him.  He was a hooker in high school but now plays tight head prop.  He does most of the line outs though for his current team as the current hooker can't throw.  Professional rugby in the States is fairly new and he did play one year for a team in its provisional year.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Have fun. We are booked on the Harmony for 3 weeks in January.

Hoping you don’t need knee surgery. What Sea Dog went thru sounded very painful.

Don’t know why, but I always loved her name and enjoyed watching all seasons of American Housewife. Really liked Katie Mixon in Mike & Molly so I started watching American Housewife.

Thank you Renee.

Your 3 weeks on Harmony sounds amazing.

We were flying American airways in March and return flight was 22.00pm to London Heathrow.

Our new flights with Virgin Atlantic is around 16.30pm to London Heathrow.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Isn't that special

• Haha 1