Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just finished watching the Below Deck Reunion.  Elizabeth sadly has no clue.  Captain Lee spent a fair amount of time laughing just at her answers.  How many chances does she need, on top of the ones she had.  Interesting to see Rob didn’t even show up. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Makes sense. Austin already has the cool "keep it weird" hipster vibe that attracts young, trendy people and a lively music/entertainment  scene that is second to none.  Business friendly enviroment is luring more than a few high tech firms, along with well-paid employees. Might be a good time to invest in some rental properties in Austin 

We lived close to Austin and I am so glad we got out when we did.  Austin has lost that "keep it weird" vibe and is now just an overpopulated California want to be.   We did sell our house in one day with a bidding war between 3 parties so that was good.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Not disagreeing with but when you're in the 'nam it was definitely a war. Because the Vietnam war was so damn political, congress wouldn't issue a declaration of war on North Vietnam and called it a conflict. I'll get off my soap box now.  ☮️ 

I didn’t consider them conflicts or police actions, those were the political terms.  Vietnam was a horror for our fighting heroes.

• Like 3

Plus 5C here and the snow is melting. Eaves trough are running nicely and ice is falling off roof tops. 

The snow man is afraid. He was excited earlier though when the snow blower was headed up the laneway. 😆

BFE53102-6FE1-44C8-A908-739C3F6531FC.thumb.jpeg.ea540a26c07d0af0b1439c877076e4cf.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, in our community there are buyers fighting each other for each home that goes up for sale here.  In community real estate office has lists of buyers lined up, keeping an eagle eye and ear to the ground if one even hints they are about to list.  

The section that has just concrete pads, "studios" and storage sheds that are in a different area, take longer to sell (cash buying only) but they are selling as well.  Sure don't see a lot of moving vans in here often.  😉 

Inventory is definitely low and I suspect this Spring/Summer will continue to be what it was last year on the home selling market as mortgage rates continue to be all time lows.    I receive constant phone calls and mailers from Realtors asking if I want to sell my home.     They almost beg people to get a new listing.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Plus 5C here and the snow is melting. Eaves trough are running nicely and ice is falling off roof tops. 

The snow man is afraid. He was excited earlier though when the snow blower was headed up the laneway. 😆

BFE53102-6FE1-44C8-A908-739C3F6531FC.thumb.jpeg.ea540a26c07d0af0b1439c877076e4cf.jpeg

Last Tuesday we hit a record -14F.  Today it is 72F.  All but the piles are gone the 10 inches of snow was gone yesterday.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Last Tuesday we hit a record -14F.  Today it is 72F.  All but the piles are gone the 10 inches of snow was gone yesterday.  

It’s going to take a lot longer here unfortunately.  I would accept it though. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It’s going to take a lot longer here unfortunately.  I would accept it though. 

Going to be hitting 50 this weekend with rain on the way.  Goodbye snow and hello mud season.  My least favorite of the 5 seasons. 

• Like 3

51 degrees (F) here in southeastern Washington.  We have two small clumps of snow left over from my driveway clearing efforts -- and a bunch of matted down grass!  After three days of tromping through the snow for my (almost) daily walks, it's nice to be able to step out without worrying about slipping on packed snow or icy slush --or maybe it's slushy ice.

Edited by IRMO12HD
clarification?
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

My view today. Will see what it looks like when I go back in four weeks for shot number two. 

Last time we were there (Gillette Stadium) was for a Kenny Chesney concert.  Being big fans, we go to a lot of his concerts.  We were supposed to be in Nashville for his concert last June. It was rescheduled to May of this year.

Hoping, but who knows.

🎸

Best to you...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Same thing happened to my BIL.  It was tough on all them.  Bucky hears the phrase "the forgotten war"...don't hear about Korea as much.  

Just really glad both our guys made it back.  

Sometimes I guess I just try and forget the Vietnam war. I think I was conceived during the Korean war, started to college in 68 at age 17 in music. I almost went to kent state but went to bgsu in ohio. We were the only state college to stay open in ohio during the kent state shooting. Idk if anyone else remembers kent state. I remember the draft and male flute music major getting drafted who no more were suitable for war than me...though I almost joined the air force after my mba. But Ross perot hired me down to texas first...but I almost joined the air force, because I always wanted to travel.

Flower child days.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I didn’t consider them conflicts or police actions, those were the political terms.  Vietnam was a horror for our fighting heroes.

Totally political. It just frosts my stones to here the Vietnam war referenced as a conflict. My personal hang up. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Last time we were there (Gillette Stadium) was for a Kenny Chesney concert.  Being big fans, we go to a lot of his concerts.  We were supposed to be in Nashville for his concert last June. It was rescheduled to May of this year.

Hoping, but who knows.

🎸

Best to you...

We have tickets for Kenny Chesney in June in Lake Tahoe. My husband is a big fan. Same here on the hoping. We have our refundable hotel reservations and hopefully we will have had our shots by then. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Hoping, but who knows.

🎸

Best to you...

I really like a lot of his music.

• Like 4

Concerts.

My husbands wishes almost came thru.

We have second row stage left in Pittsburgh  July 15th to see J. Buffett.

Carry over from when he cancelled last summer.

We can't go.

The DD wedding is that weekend and rehearsal dinner is the next day, well, we need to be uh, not hungover.

Now he says once again always something happens.

I told him go and don't drink and take a friend in my place.

I just got the look.

Stay healthy.

• Like 4

So, concerts cancelled in 2020.  We were supposed to see Chicago (for the 4th or 5th time) it was scheduled for April.  It has now been rescheduled twice since then.  We were supposed to see Robin Trower last September, it hasn’t been rescheduled, is Robin Still alive?  We were supposed to see the Decemberists for the 2nd time in August.... no word on it’s reschedule.  We had an entire season of the St Louis Cardinals cancelled, we didn’t get to watch the Blues try to repeat (boy did the wheels fall off that bus).  Lost 3 weeks of vacation plans.  We went to a local socially distanced dinner concert doing Sinatra stuff, that was actually really good.  There were a couple of other concerts we booked and we have been credited for.  The others are still sort of on the books,... maybe!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1