Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I think delays are the new normal.  Our son and his family had a delay in their flight this afternoon, from San Francisco to Honolulu.   At least they are in the air and halfway there now. A nice spring break for them, for the next 8 days. 

We had an hour delay in March (SWA) to our connection in Denver because the plane was "overfueled" . We had to wait while they removed 5,000 pounds of fuel. We barely made our connections in both directions to Tampa and back. 🤕

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@Luckynana Maryanne and JIm,

Hope all worked out good at your dentist (? wasn't that why you had to leave FL early?)

We are back too and now doing the daunting and overwhelming task of cleaning out, donating, packing boxes, etc etc etc.

Post edit

I see you are relocating to FL.   Exciting time😃

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I love the SALTYRN

@brillohead

+1.

For some reason, I think it would fit your personality, based on what I've read online. 

It might not seem like a compliment, but I meant it as one. 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Tuesday report on the newly discovered family!

We started the day with a mid-morning breakfast with my son joining, as well as my new Aunt Linda. And I did bring my pen and a notebook to write down all the immediate family members!  My grandfather had four kids with each of his three wives, and the family refers to them as his "litters"... "the first litter was these four kids, and our litter was Jack, Bill, Charles, and Linda, and then he married that old cross-eyed witch and that litter was these four kids...."  LOL  And then each of the brothers from my litter married / had kids with three different women.  Aunt Linda was the "easy" one -- she just has the one husband, but they still had four kids. 

After breakfast we went to their hotel to drop off Uncle Jack so he could put his swollen feet up on some pillows (sound familiar, Bella cruisers?).  Bill showed my son his Army pictures from Vietnam (my son just completed his Army enlistment at Christmastime) and gave him a medal from when he was in the Army.  

Then Bill drove me and Matthew around and showed us a few places he used to frequent back in the day (he lived here for five years in the late 60s/early 70s). We dropped my son off at his place for the afternoon, did a bit more driving around, then back to the hotel.  Bill and Jack told stories on each other all afternoon (these guys never stop teasing each other!), then we went off to meet "the kids" (my son and his girlfriend) for dinner.  

After dinner, Bill and Jack and I went out to Aunt Linda's house again, and I got to meet one of her daughters and son-in-law.  When it was time to leave, it was hugs all around again, and Linda hugged me tight, let go, then pulled me in for a second hug and told me how glad she was that I found them. 

I'm invited to "Easter Dinner" on Saturday night at Linda's house.  I will only be able to stay for a couple hours (because I work the night before and that night), but I can't pass up the opportunity to get to know these loving people!  I'm hoping I can get my son and his girlfriend to join... my son has half a dozen cousins (technically second cousins -- Aunt Linda's grandkids) who are right around his age (within five years in each direction), and I think he'd fit right in with these kids.  

We left Aunt Linda's and went back to the hotel. Bill and Jack were going to hit the road early this morning, so we said our goodbyes last night.  Not gonna lie, I teared up a little saying goodbye to Bill... this sweet man is still beating himself up for not knowing about me for the past 50+ years, and nothing I say will stop him from feeling guilty about something he had no possible way of knowing about.  I hope that with time he'll learn to just accept it like I have, and just enjoy the time we do have together now that we know the truth.

And I don't usually post pics on CC, but I feel like you guys are invested in the story.... here's a pic of me with Bill at dinner last night:

IMG_20230404_193645217.thumb.jpg.ad5ac7870d817ddd0556ec87899ea204.jpg

Oh, and my luck has officially run out -- I had five tickets for last night's Mega Millions lottery drawing, and I had one number on one ticket and one number on another, so no big Group Cruise courtesy of the Michigan Lottery!  😂

So very happy for you.  I definitely see a resemblance in the photo.   Lovely😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, brillohead said:

So, I'm headed to the Secretary of State (DMV in Michigan) tomorrow to get my new plate.  

For the past 15ish years, I've had a vanity plate on my car -- it's my birthday present to myself every year (a whopping $15 over the cost of a regular plate).  Since becoming a nurse, I've had a "nurse-related" plate (really helps when you get pulled over by a cop!).  

Last year in Illinois, I was "SALTYRN" (stole that idea from a nursing friend who used to have that plate before she moved out of Michigan).  

I can have a total of seven characters, including spaces. I wish I could put a space between SALTY and RN, but no can do.

Anyone have any favorites among these, or other ideas?  

Salty.png.99790e54240948c4ba5e3ba3f5464b6c.png

salt.png.3996bbb4f3dd4c576f97ea46c1b6e0e4.png

CRUZ.png.6355c8b6972f131e93401f0bca5e5e1b.png

SEA.png.b7751bc55fc1c9ac13b1368a99c0ae28.png

Sea RN only because it has a slight connection to see your medical professional.  I’m not going to comment on Kramer’s license plate on Seinfeld. 

Wishing you and your new found family many happy times , together. So very happy for you and your dad . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We had an hour delay in March (SWA) to our connection in Denver because the plane was "overfueled" . We had to wait while they removed 5,000 pounds of fuel. We barely made our connections in both directions to Tampa and back. 🤕

I had the connection a problem coming home in February on SWA. Due to a delay I had 15 minutes to make a connection in a different terminal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, brillohead said:

So, I'm headed to the Secretary of State (DMV in Michigan) tomorrow to get my new plate.  

For the past 15ish years, I've had a vanity plate on my car -- it's my birthday present to myself every year (a whopping $15 over the cost of a regular plate).  Since becoming a nurse, I've had a "nurse-related" plate (really helps when you get pulled over by a cop!).  

Last year in Illinois, I was "SALTYRN" (stole that idea from a nursing friend who used to have that plate before she moved out of Michigan).  

I can have a total of seven characters, including spaces. I wish I could put a space between SALTY and RN, but no can do.

If you like the space maybe SLTY RN.  Another M MIA 2, SNRKLRN,PCHDQRN

• Like 3

Giovanni's Italian kitchen chicken parm was superb.

Giovanni's bar had the best red wine selections covered by the package.  French Red Blend.

Had no problems flying Delta to FLL & back.

This forum moves fast!

Cruz RN gets my vote.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If not in a rush and have the time take the Skyline Drive from Front Royal, Va. and then get on the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way to North Carolina.   It goes through the Shenandoah National Park. It's an amazing drive with beautiful scenery. Plenty of chances for amazing pictures.

Did that trip several times as a kid. Family road trips in the way, way back of dad's station wagon.  Dad didnt want to be tied to a time limit so no pre-planning or reserving motels in advance. Just winged it.  This was back in the 1960's & early 70's so it was all mom-n-pop motels. Stayed in some, uh, interesting places. Loved it! 

Not sure if you saw my earlier post about wanting to recreate those days sometime in the not-too-distant future.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Giovanni's Italian kitchen chicken parm was superb.

Giovanni's bar had the best red wine selections covered by the package.  French Red Blend.

Had no problems flying Delta to FLL & back.

This forum moves fast!

Cruz RN gets my vote.

Giovanni’s also had the best wines by the bottle we get the UDP so wines under a hundred are 40 percent off. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I vote for SaltyRN 

If not available then Cruz RN

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am good with who went home. For some reason that person rubbed me the wrong way.

They didn't bug me as much as the one with the second most votes or even the third most votes.  I like the ones that are students of the game.

• Like 2

We actually ate dinner tonight at Down Under.  Here are two photos…one showing the parking lot under the overpass bridge over the Amelia River…the other (you have to zoom in) shows the top of the sign seemingly poking out of nowhere when you’re on the bridge.

yyKRRLLASzyc578tGpzqnA.thumb.jpeg.1ea2cfeaa616c45cbad53f15e1e10b26.jpeg

_wSA9_5LSZyNaUE0c9AWZA.thumb.jpeg.7e2c1ae16cea7f4e7a4c438270f63d73.jpeg

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am good with who went home. For some reason that person rubbed me the wrong way just a bit.

11 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

They didn't bug me as much as the one with the second most votes or even the third most votes.  I like the ones that are students of the game.

I agree with mema😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Carolyn is whacky and can be annoying but I'm starting to like her. I also like Carson. He is a smart nerd. I also like Brandon. I am not liking Jaimie. She declared herself the most valuable player.😏

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Carolyn is whacky and can be annoying but I'm starting to like her. I also like Carson. He is a smart nerd. I also like Brandon. I am not liking Jaimie. She declared herself the most valuable player.😏

I like Carson a lot.  He's not only very smart...I also think he's adorable ☺️

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

I like Carson a lot.  He's not only very smart...I also think he's adorable ☺️

I like Carson too.  I can't believe he built the puzzle at home!  I think is is cute too lol 😇

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Now this just sounds a little crazy.   My daughter just sent me this story. 

https://www.wfmj.com/story/48675114/2000-easter-eggs-to-fall-from-the-sky-in-grove-city-easter-weekend

Somehow, I just keep thinking of this episode from WKRP. 

What could go wrong?

I think that may be #2 on my all-time comedy series scene list after Taxi's "what does the yellow light mean?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

https://www.wfmj.com/story/48675114/2000-easter-eggs-to-fall-from-the-sky-in-grove-city-easter-weekend

What could go wrong?

Oh, the humanity! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

What could go wrong?

"As God is my witness....."

• Haha 3