Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I'm missing something...Bellas thread???

TY

Sue, being a long-time poster, I'm sure you're familiar with John and his lovely wife LaLa ( @John&LaLa).

Now their cute Westie, Bella, has her own thread, full of nice people (like, if I may say, this thread is 🥰).

Enjoy !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Wasnt there something in the bible about 7 plagues?  Line from my newspaper as if covid wasnt bad enough, now rats. After a week of freezing, tonight possible hail, but dont worry only pea sized, it has to be quarter sized for a warning. What next?

From the little I know, there were 10 plagues 😉, not sure rats were among them....

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Wasnt there something in the bible about 7 plagues?  Line from my newspaper as if covid wasnt bad enough, now rats. After a week of freezing, tonight possible hail, but dont worry only pea sized, it has to be quarter sized for a warning. What next?

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

From the little I know, there were 10 plagues 😉, not sure rats were among them....

No rats, but hail it is....

The plagues are: water turning to bloodfrogslice, flies, livestock pestilenceboilshaillocusts, darkness and the killing of firstborn children

Definitely not playing nice 😢

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

Clancy Brown didn't last very long.....:classic_biggrin: It looks funny. 

And that is interesting about the iguanas Renee, and digging under the seawall, and eating fruit and flowers. They sound just like cold blooded ground squirrels, which are a major nuisance pest here. 

My department used to have ground squirrel control contracts with Cal Trans (highway agency) to eradicate them next to the freeway, because they would run into traffic, and people would hit their brakes and cause accidents. And with Public Works because they would burrow in to the levees and flood control channels. And with ranchers and Park Districts, because cattle and people would step in their burrows and break their ankles. 

So on second thought, I could probably be convinced to do iguana control. :classic_biggrin:

The iguanas are cold blooded. If it gets to cold they will die. Also, if it gets to a certain temperature they will fall out of the trees. When it warms up they start moving again. A mini hibernation. In some countries they eat them. I hear they’re tasty when grilled. 

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am sorry that I did not see the post about her having Covid.I pray that she recovers very soon.

Thanks Lenny.

Sarah said she feels a lot better.

Pauline is on the phone to her cousin who said her son and his wife both have covid19.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

No rats, but hail it is....

The plagues are: water turning to bloodfrogslice, flies, livestock pestilenceboilshaillocusts, darkness and the killing of firstborn children

Definitely not playing nice 😢

If they killed off all of us first born children the rest of the kids in the family would have grow up clueless.😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Your comment of leaving the guns at the door remind me of “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs” from Netflix.  If you have a bit of a twisted sense it isn't a bad way to send the night.  

That saloon scene fits this place perfectly!  I never heard of The Ballad of Buster Scruggs but will definitely be watching it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

If they killed off all of us first born children the rest of the kids in the family would have grow up clueless.😇

Truth. After seeing how my older siblings would get in trouble, I learned the best ways to sneakily hide my bad habits. 😈

Of course, it's possible my parents just gave up & didn't care anymore. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Lenny.

Sarah said she feels a lot better.

Pauline is on the phone to her cousin who said her son and his wife both have covid19.

Glad to hear Sarah is feeling better🥰

Sorry to hear about Paulines cousin/family now dealing with it.  Hopefully they have a mild case with a quick recovery.

Even though our cases continue to decline in my area I am hearing more and more people I know that are getting covid.    

Definitely a race to get everyone vaccinated.  Just this week I met a girl online who works as a production mgr at Pfizer.  She said everyone is working overtime to produce the vaccine.  Her usual day is 12 hrs at work with option to work 6 or 7 days a week for those that want all the extra hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Truth. After seeing how my older siblings would get in trouble, I learned the best ways to sneakily hide my bad habits. 😈

Of course, it's possible my parents just gave up & didn't care anymore. 😄

Agree, I'm the baby of my family and definitely learned how and what I could "get away with" at an early age.  Being a Daddys girl didnt hurt either.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Glad to hear Sarah is feeling better🥰

Sorry to hear about Paulines cousin/family now dealing with it.  Hopefully they have a mild case with a quick recovery.

Even though our cases continue to decline in my area I am hearing more and more people I know that are getting covid.    

Definitely a race to get everyone vaccinated.  Just this week I met a girl online who works as a production mgr at Pfizer.  She said everyone is working overtime to produce the vaccine.  Her usual day is 12 hrs at work with option to work 6 or 7 days a week for those that want all the extra hours.

Thank you Debbie.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Debbie.

I received email today the Chesterfield Hotel in Mayfair is reopening May 17th, if only I could go.  Beautiful hotel and restaurant.  We loved our stay at the Reubens 2 years ago but did stop in Chesterfield for dinner one night.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I received email today the Chesterfield Hotel in Mayfair is reopening May 17th, if only I could go.  Beautiful hotel and restaurant.  We loved our stay at the Reubens 2 years ago but did stop in Chesterfield for dinner one night.

2 lovely hotels.

We stayed 3 nights at the London Ritz 6 years ago for our 34th wedding anniversary.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yesterday was first full practice day for the Civilian Challenge. 

Here is a drone flyby of Bruce Rossmeyer Daytona Harley-Davidson. 

Today is more practice, the Challenge Ride, and Individual Slow Ride. 

That is so interesting and fun. We do autocrosses here with our corvette clubs in a variety of parking lots, tracks and the national guard runway next to the big airport.

Definitely not as elaborate cone set up but similiar idea for skill driving. Great drone footage. Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1