Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well tomorrow morning will be coming early and will be a little stressful. Alarm set for 5:30 to get up and get ready to go to the hospital for my scheduled MRI with anesthesia to see if I have prostate cancer. I don't think I do have it but it is the process to deal with my enlarged prostate. I am glad I will out as my claustrophobia of being in that tube is horrible to me. I have anxiety over any medical procedure but I hope this one will go good. No need for prayers or anything but I just wanted everyone to know what I am doing. Happy Friday and I hope all the dad's out there have a great Father's Day on Sunday. My son works on Sunday but texted me and is taking me out to lunch at one our favorite sushi restaurants on Monday.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 Greg that it is not Prostate cancer.

Graham.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well tomorrow morning will be coming early and will be a little stressful. Alarm set for 5:30 to get up and get ready to go to the hospital for my scheduled MRI with anesthesia to see if I have prostate cancer. I don't think I do have it but it is the process to deal with my enlarged prostate. I am glad I will out as my claustrophobia of being in that tube is horrible to me. I have anxiety over any medical procedure but I hope this one will go good. No need for prayers or anything but I just wanted everyone to know what I am doing. Happy Friday and I hope all the dad's out there have a great Father's Day on Sunday. My son works on Sunday but texted me and is taking me out to lunch at one our favorite sushi restaurants on Monday.

🤞🙏 for favorable results

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Greg, I wish you the best for today. And all will be well.

Enjoy your Father's Day lunch.

• Like 4

It has been a busy week, since arriving in California.  We came early, so we could help our son with some things around his house.  He was somewhat limited after his back surgery.  

Yesterday was the last day of school for our grandson, so we had a few days by ourselves to do the work.  So far, we have painted living room, dining room, and hallway.  New stain on deck, and power washed brick patio and pavers. 

So no, the fun has not started yet, but it will soon.  

• Like 13

I am still trying to wrap my head around some of these crazy prices in California, since they created that high minimum wage for fast food workers.  

We ordered this for a lunch one day our grandson was home from school early.  What a $37 pizza looks like.  

IMG_1323.thumb.jpeg.5c47a92486be01ca72f0bf8a8c8b4871.jpeg

I was not impressed.  

Last night, we decided to order in five meals from Chick Fil A.  Total cost for five chicken sandwiches, a drink and a side was $140.   I don’t know how these places will keep in business. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I am still trying to wrap my head around some of these crazy prices in California, since they created that high minimum wage for fast food workers.  

We ordered this for a lunch one day our grandson was home from school early.  What a $37 pizza looks like.  

I was not impressed.  

Last night, we decided to order in five meals from Chick Fil A.  Total cost for five chicken sandwiches, a drink and a side was $140.   I don’t know how these places will keep in business. 

Many places have already given up.  The workers who are getting the high minimum wages are not getting any further ahead.  Just pushes more people out of the state.  

• Like 9

I know we will be taking our son out for Father’s Day, but not sure where.  

Too bad they don’t have one of these here.

IMG_7066.thumb.png.9927f9366bc4f2edc5fd2f3ac3f096b2.png

This has been one of my favorite places.  Of course, adding to my duck collection may have something to do with it.  

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I am so glad you will finally be getting answers. I think not knowing and worrying its ahead of you is the worst part. Please let us know the results.

I'm still worried about my friends in san antonio is visited just before I moved. Known her 50 years and known her husband almost that long. He just had had prostate surgery. The very last morning he was able to get out of bed and talk. I am alarmed. I wanted to wait to call her back but he has prostate cancer cells he is NOT having treated. He said things like they told him that prostate cancer cells are slow growing and they think they are only centered in his prostate. They cut off enough so he can peo but hes not doing any chemo or having his prostate removed or any other treatment. Clearly they went over possible treatments with him for him to say all the treatments he is NOT doing. 

He also said he is 100% disabled vet from viet nam war due to agent orange, so there is obviously more to the story. It was the morning just as I was leaving. He was saying how being disabled 100% is unusual. So I'm thinking more to the story, but for him to say he still has cancer cells in his prostate he is not having treated. Yes I'm alarmed.

And my cousin also went thru prostate cancer and had his removed. And told me how hard recovery was for him. 

So I really hope your results are perfect and just old age and  nothing to worry about. I have been worried about you ever since you said you needed to go get checked for cancer, sorry but im a worrier and know too much about this.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I was not impressed.  

California pizza sucks.  I haven't found a good pizza, anywhere in this state, since moving here.  I'm sure it's out there somewhere but I haven't found it.

I've pretty much quick all fast food places in CA with a few exceptions. You can get a sit-down meal at Chili's cheaper than you can get a combo McD's or Wendy's. In n Out is still the best fast food value in CA.  Also, I eat from roadside taco trucks a lot... Three Carne Asada Tacos for $6 can't be beat and definitely enough food.  

• Like 11

@akcruz Your grandog a handsome boy!

Beagles are my favorite.

We had one on our street belonging to our neighbors, but everyone loved him.

Max had the best  personality and he was handsome too.

Once in awhile, his “Mom” would put a red bow tie on him for various neighborhood gatherings.

He wore it well!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 7

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Check you bookings if you buy the deluxe beverage package.  Best sale I have seen in a long time.  My upcoming Odyssey cruise had the deluxe beverage package for $59.99/day.

Thanks for the heads up.  Ours is down slightly to $62.99/day, called the "Diamond and up member sale".  Could save me about $75 for our 3 kids sailing with us (we don't buy the package anymore...use our D+ free drinks and just pay by the glass for anything more).  Question for anyone who may know...Can I, as a D+ member, buy the package for our kids who are not yet D, and take advantage of this particular sale?  My guess is that I'll have no problem but I don't want to cancel my previous "buy one get one at 50%" sale if I can't take advantage of the D and up sale.  Thanks.

• Like 2

@Sea Dog A bit late as I am now catching up hereafter a few days away.

I was going to suggest if you could ask for a pill to help you relax for the MRI. They can be nerve racking with all the noise that goes on during the testing.

For one I had about a year ago, the tech asked if I would like music to listen to during the test.

I chose Motown. It help somewhat.

Hoping you get your results soon.

Waiting can be difficult.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 5

I can’t believe it will be time to check in for our cruise in only four days. So, a question here, if anyone knows.  

Our grandkids, as well as our daughter and her husband will be sailing with birth certificates.  During check in, does a photocopy of any of the documents need to be uploaded to the app, much like it reads your passport information, or do they just indicate they are sailing with a BC?

For our California grandson, we already have his original BC and a notarized RC form with his parent’s signature, authorizing us to take him.  

Our PA grandkids have their original BC and won’t need a form, since their parents are going along.  My daughter and her husband have their original BC and their driver’s licenses for ID, and my daughter also has her marriage certificate for her name change. 

If I understand correctly, they just have to present this stuff at the pier.  Anything else?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I was not impressed.  

Great pizza on New York City is much cheaper and they have a 15 dollar minimum wage, I could get 3 good pizzas in Dallas for that price we order a pizza once a week . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

For our California grandson, we already have his original BC and a notarized RC form with his parent’s signature, authorizing us to take him. 

That is all you need... I have taken my grand kids on a few cruises and all they had was birth certificates.  When checking in online nothing needs to be uploaded you just state what you have and they'l sort it out when you get there.  

When you are being checked in they'll take the documents away make copies of them and return them all back to you.  It slows the boarding process by 5 to 10 minutes but not anything serious.  

Enjoy Navigator, she is quickly becoming one of favorites.  I've got 4 booked on her over the next 10 months.

• Like 7